Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nfl Fans ...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Nfl Fans ...

Cincinnati just put a whoopin' on Redskins in the pre-season.. Think it means anything??

Black
    99 SS

yea means were going to kick ass this year like last year!!! and Palmer didnt even take a snap!! and Chad didnt play much either, i cant wait for the season to start

I dont think the Steelers won a game in pre season last year. They went on to crush the Bungles, Colts, and Denver all on the road and win the Super Bowl.

I dont think the pre season means anything.

Go Steelers!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Cincinnati just put a whoopin' on Redskins in the pre-season.. Think it means anything??
    Preseason means nothing, Cincy's offense will be good by mid season, but their defense sucks and it probably won't matter because their chemistry and off field issues suck, they are a ticking time bomb and will be lucky to make the playoffs, due to half of their team being in jail

I was rolling when Collinsworth said at the half... "at least none of the team was arrested this half"

Lol the Bungles are a joke.
    This is the only Bowl they will ever get to see with Palmer.

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Nahhh, don't think it means a thing in preseason. Hell the LIONs won thier first preseason game. I would like it to mean they are going to have a great season, but being a Lions fan, my expectations are never too high.

1970 Fbody

Here is exactly how much it meant ----> 0. The Skins defense on the first two serious shut down Cinci and they went backwards. The Skins moved the ball on the first possession easily but the interception was just basically a idiot mistake by Brunell who is learning a 700 page play book. If Palmer can get his mental game together cinci is going to be right there fighting for a superbowl berth but I wouldn't think anything of last nights game.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

lol guys .. I think you took my question and Boners first post to mean the same thing...Anyway ... I did notice that Portis hurt his shoulder last nite , and my Titans new QB Vince Young almost hurt his ankle last week..
    So if you could redo the whole pre-season thing .......HOW would YOU do it ....????

Black
    99 SS

are you guys stupid?

lead NFL in INT's last sesson
    best QB in the league and recievers.

and last year if he didnt get taken out by shitsburg they would not of made it

Black
    99 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    Preseason means nothing, Cincy's offense will be good by mid season, but their defense sucks and it probably won't matter because their chemistry and off field issues suck, they are a ticking time bomb and will be lucky to make the playoffs, due to half of their team being in jail

mid season? are you kidding me

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

I love the Bengals. But the pre-season means nothing. Yout playing most of the games with back up players. I don;t think that the preseason scheme is perfect but I can't think of any better way to prepare you team for the season. You can not simulate those situations in regular practice.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Quote Originally Posted by Liquifire View Post
    You a complete retard. If you watched football at all then you would know that some of the best teams and players in the NFL have had off the field legal issues.

Ever Heard of the Book, Pros and Cons: The Criminals Who Play in the NFL by Jeff Benedict. It talks about criminal football players and their impact in the league.

In case you didn't know a book is a literary document that when written in English reads left to right, top to bottom, turn the pages to keep going.

Maybe the Bengals don't make the playoff but they have severe talent at the WR position. Henry would be a loss but don't count them out even if they don't play. The Bengals still have issues but the are far from a automatic win these days.

1970 Fbody

Quote Originally Posted by zbizkit View Post
    You a complete retard. If you watched football at all then you would know that some of the best teams and players in the NFL have had off the field legal issues.

Ever Heard of the Book, Pros and Cons: The Criminals Who Play in the NFL by Jeff Benedict. It talks about criminal football players and their impact in the league.

In case you didn't know a book is a literary document that when written in English reads left to right, top to bottom, turn the pages to keep going.

Maybe the Bengals don't make the playoff but they have severe talent at the WR position. Henry would be a loss but don't count them out even if they don't play. The Bengals still have issues but the are far from a automatic win these days.
    In my opinion (die hard skins fan) I see a lot of similarities in the teams. The Bengals by far have one of the top 2-3 qb's in the league prior to his injury. If or when he finally overcomes the mental part then he will be back. Johnson is a top 3 #1 receiver in the league. Good backs and a stout defense equals a pretty solid team. I like Cinci just because of their coach and the fact that he came from the Skins. I think that they may start off a little slow but should pick up steam and if they don't make the playoffs it is going to be because it all came together too late more then they didn't have the talent.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I am thinking that you cant really tell how a team is going to do until about 4-5 games into the real season. we always see teams win like the first 4 games and not even get close to makeing the playoffs ..

Are you kidding me?

At least half of everyone in the NBA and NFL are thugs.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Quote Originally Posted by nosfed View Post
    In my opinion (die hard skins fan) I see a lot of similarities in the teams. The Bengals by far have one of the top 2-3 qb's in the league prior to his injury. If or when he finally overcomes the mental part then he will be back. Johnson is a top 3 #1 receiver in the league. Good backs and a stout defense equals a pretty solid team. I like Cinci just because of their coach and the fact that he came from the Skins. I think that they may start off a little slow but should pick up steam and if they don't make the playoffs it is going to be because it all came together too late more then they didn't have the talent.
    Very well said. I thought the Redskin defense was stout. Although we didn't have our number 1 QB they were blitzing like crazy! good game Hope Clinton Portis recovers quickly

1970 Fbody

Very well said. I thought the Redskin defense was stout. Although we didn't have our number 1 QB they were blitzing like crazy! good game Hope Clinton Portis recovers quickly
    Friend of mine was laughing on how easy we got beat on the flea flicker. I quickly mentioned to him that it was a second or third string back in there. The Reskins defense wil be a top 5 defense and be very stingy. They have added alot of depth to what was there last year. Our downfall may be the qb position as Collins demonstrated that he is no better then a #3 qb and our #3 is no where near ready. Brunell can do very well and has a lot left in the tank if he can put on his thinking cap and not make stupid errors. Overall I feel that that the skins are a top 10 in the league, maybe even top 5. I feel that Cinci is really close if everything falls in to place and I would really love to see these two duke it out towards the end of the year but unfortunatley that won't happen unless we meet at the bowl.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Friend of mine was laughing on how easy we got beat on the flea flicker. I quickly mentioned to him that it was a second or third string back in there. The Reskins defense wil be a top 5 defense and be very stingy. They have added alot of depth to what was there last year. Our downfall may be the qb position as Collins demonstrated that he is no better then a #3 qb and our #3 is no where near ready. Brunell can do very well and has a lot left in the tank if he can put on his thinking cap and not make stupid errors. Overall I feel that that the skins are a top 10 in the league, maybe even top 5. I feel that Cinci is really close if everything falls in to place and I would really love to see these two duke it out towards the end of the year but unfortunatley that won't happen unless we meet at the bowl.

I agree. The Skins had one of the best defenses last year and there is no reason why it won't be to that caliber this year. Brunell could be a big help because I wouldn't want to count on Collins myself. Just like last year after Carson got hurt I did not want to count on Kitna. I would love to see then play again. I don't know what to think of Anthony Wright, hes just like Collin to me. I have watched each of them play at Baltimore and New York and the Raiders. Neither of them can make the plays to win when the game is on the line.

I think the Bengals whole season depends on the mental state of Palmer. Last year he was one of the best in the leagues. (Fed-ex air player of the year) But if he can't trust his knee and get comfortable in the pocket it could be a rough season.

The defense is a Rubber band defense it gives and gives but holds most of the time. The problem is if we are not scoreing that just won't due. We gave up some yards on that first drive. Luckily we got a pick to save a score.

I like your opinions I think I just might have to keep a closer eye on the Skins.

1970 Fbody

I agree. The Skins had one of the best defenses last year and there is no reason why it won't be to that caliber this year. Brunell could be a big help because I wouldn't want to count on Collins myself. Just like last year after Carson got hurt I did not want to count on Kitna. I would love to see then play again. I don't know what to think of Anthony Wright, hes just like Collin to me. I have watched each of them play at Baltimore and New York and the Raiders. Neither of them can make the plays to win when the game is on the line.

I think the Bengals whole season depends on the mental state of Palmer. Last year he was one of the best in the leagues. (Fed-ex air player of the year) But if he can't trust his knee and get comfortable in the pocket it could be a rough season.

The defense is a Rubber band defense it gives and gives but holds most of the time. The problem is if we are not scoreing that just won't due. We gave up some yards on that first drive. Luckily we got a pick to save a score.

I like your opinions I think I just might have to keep a closer eye on the Skins.
    Cinci has a very very good head coach that all players love. They have quickly become a team that any good player in free agency would LOVE to go to. You have a qb that loves to air it out, decent running game and some great recievers. Even though the defense bends, that is ok when you are scoring, like you said.

I see two scenerios...ok here are my predictions

1) Carson plays limited and comes back, takes a good hit in the first game, realizes he is ok and then goes 11-5 and deep into the playoffs.
    2) Carson is still a little rattled, plays poorly and takes a few games to get into shape, team suffers and ends up at 9-7 and looks towards next year.

No shame in that as they are still very talented, just that the moons didn't align.

Skins:
    1) Portis is healthy at the start of the season, Skins should see an 11-5 but I will go for 12-4/
    2) Portis is hurt for a couple games then I simply see a 10-6 team.

black
    95 z28, 05 Altima

Cinci has a very very good head coach that all players love. They have quickly become a team that any good player in free agency would LOVE to go to. You have a qb that loves to air it out, decent running game and some great recievers. Even though the defense bends, that is ok when you are scoring, like you said.

I see two scenerios...ok here are my predictions

1) Carson plays limited and comes back, takes a good hit in the first game, realizes he is ok and then goes 11-5 and deep into the playoffs.
    2) Carson is still a little rattled, plays poorly and takes a few games to get into shape, team suffers and ends up at 9-7 and looks towards next year.

No shame in that as they are still very talented, just that the moons didn't align.

Skins:
    1) Portis is healthy at the start of the season, Skins should see an 11-5 but I will go for 12-4/
    2) Portis is hurt for a couple games then I simply see a 10-6 team.
    Sounds like pretty good predictions. But you know how that can be. Teams all the time over and under acheive. Lets hope that we both compete to our top ability.

I know I have heard that Clinton Portis is out indefinetly. Have you heard of any news like when he will be back?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information