Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new wheels!

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

The new wheels!

It was delivered at about 1:30 today, minus the terrible ear infection I'm dealing with, this is easily one of the best days of my life.

It sounds and drives just absolutely sick, it's all stock down to the Lid. I'm quite impressed with it so far. Very fun vehicle to drive.

It does however have a few cosmetic issues. The car has been sitting under a tree in someones yard for about 2 1/2 years, it needs some TLC even though it's still in pretty excellent shape. But, the interior is immaculate, theres nothing wrong with it there, very clean, the guy even left the plastic on the screen for the radio since it was new. Mechanically, it's perfect as well. No problems there either.

The paint, while clean, does have a few blemishes, has very minor clearcoat damage on the rear quarter panel (not noticable at all unless you get up on it), and also just needs to be waxed really, really good, lots of surface scratches and swirls (still very pretty paint though). The headlights need to be restored, the weaterstripping around all of the windows and T-Tops need new weatherstripping due it sitting outside all of time being neglected, and the passenger side door needs to be re-aligned, supposedly never been in an accident but the front of the passenger door doesn't really line up with the front quarter panel properly for some reason. I'll be dealing with all of the issues very soon though.

On to the pics, like I said, I really do love this car. The power and throttle response are very impressive and the sound is just great, even though it's stock. I'm extremely impressed with it.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Nice man!

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Congrats on being the kid the entire neighborhood will hate when you put an exhaust on it.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS!!! Looks pretty good. As far as the door misalignment issue, check under the front fenders to see if the lower fender bolts look crushed. The car could have been lifted improperly at one time.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Nice man!
    Thanks. I love this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Congrats on being the kid the entire neighborhood will hate when you put an exhaust on it.
    Yeah, I plan to order a Magnaflow Catback/O/R Y once I get all the little issues it has sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS!!! Looks pretty good. As far as the door misalignment issue, check under the front fenders to see if the lower fender bolts look crushed. The car could have been lifted improperly at one time.
    Thanks goat, I'm going to check that out first thing tomorrow morning.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Congrats, looks like a clean SS.
    Perfect canvas.
    And like said above, the bracket the fender bolts to could have been messed up from a jack or lift.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by tatertot91 View Post
    Congrats, looks like a clean SS.
    Perfect canvas.
    And like said above, the bracket the fender bolts to could have been messed up from a jack or lift.
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

And yeah, we're going to get to the bottom of the door issue soon. But oddly, the door shuts and closes perfectly fine, it's just in need of an alignment.

I also have a question for someone who might know, where is the subwoofer usually located at in these cars? I'm beginning to think it might have an aftermarket sub hidden somewhere, it hits really hard, has the Monsoon but just seems like it's hitting abnormally hard for a factory stereo. Just want to check the sub to see if it appears to be aftermarket or not.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

The factory ones are one to the left and right when you sit in the back seat, they put out the lows

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

The factory ones are one to the left and right when you sit in the back seat, they put out the lows
    Oh ok cool, never would have guessed that, I thought those were just another set of components. Thanks.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Thanks man, I appreciate it.

And yeah, we're going to get to the bottom of the door issue soon. But oddly, the door shuts and closes perfectly fine, it's just in need of an alignment.
    The door will look out of alignment if the bracket is bent out. With the correct tools and a light touch it can be bent back into place. Then it will look normal again.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    The door will look out of alignment if the bracket is bent out. With the correct tools and a light touch it can be bent back into place. Then it will look normal again.
    Yup, for sure, I plan to make an effort to fix it myself.

Also, wanted to add, not sure why people complain about the seats in the Camaro's so much. As I was riding in it, I was actually pretty comfortable and I liked the seating position a lot.

Very nice car, A/C blows cold, lot's of power, stereo is very nice and I'm comfortable driving it. It's perfect for me, couldn't be happier.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Congrats

Maybe a Username change is in order

Take care of it and it will take care of you! I bet you are like a kid in a candy shop with that baby
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Congrats

And an avatar change

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Congrats

Take care of it and it will take care of you! I bet you are like a kid in a candy shop with that baby
    Thanks man. And nope, no username change, if it weren't for the WS6 I would have never gotten into any of these cars.

And yeah, I'm going to take real good care of it. I've got a huge Adams polishes kit ready to be applied to bring out a nice deep shine in it. Was going to do it this evening but I don't think I'll have enough time.

And an avatar change
    Nope!

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Nice car congrats on the purchase.
    2010 Camaro SIM 2SS/RS A6
    1999 TA A4 NBM
    12.265 at 110.52mph

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Congrats man!!! I could imagine how happy you are!! You've been waiting to get one for a while, I saw your car list a while back "being delivered" and I was pretty excited to see this thread... Looks clean as fuck! what size tires does it have? How many miles? The factory monsoon sounds pretty good actually, I dont know why people complain about it. The power can be amazing at first but you'll get bored of it and want more! Again, congrats man!! I know they've told you this hundreds of times, but be really careful cause it'll suck if you wreck or hurt yourself, and don't be stupid with it

Oh and get us some better pics!

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I forgot what a stock lid and LS1 intake look like. Get that ugly shit off of there already
    Uh oh how will Smitty try to belittle you now

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Congrats man, I know you've been saving up/looking for a fast car for a while now.

Take care of it. How much did you pick it up for? (If you dont mind me asking)

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    Nice car congrats on the purchase.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Congrats man!!! I could imagine how happy you are!! You've been waiting to get one for a while, I saw your car list a while back "being delivered" and I was pretty excited to see this thread... Looks clean as fuck! what size tires does it have? How many miles? The factory monsoon sounds pretty good actually, I dont know why people complain about it. The power can be amazing at first but you'll get bored of it and want more! Again, congrats man!! I know they've told you this hundreds of times, but be really careful cause it'll suck if you wreck or hurt yourself, and don't be stupid with it

Oh and get us some better pics!
    Thanks man, this past weekend was incredible with this car. I'm loving it. The tires are 275/40/17's all around, which is the stock setup. The car has 67,533 on it as of today. And yeah, I'm still impressed by the stereo, it's really good.

I haven't even come close to flooring this car yet, I have had no real need to (even though I want to). It gets up to speed so fast and merges onto the highway so easily and swiftly it just blows my mind. Handles really nicely too, it's very planted.

And I'm more than happy with the power, but I plan to have some bolt-on's by the end of this year going into next year. But at the moment, I really want to get it back into tip-top shape before anything. It's in nice shape as is but it has potential to be better.

I'll get some good pics up soon man, need to buy a new camera, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I forgot what a stock lid and LS1 intake look like. Get that ugly shit off of there already
    Uh oh how will Smitty try to belittle you now

Quote Originally Posted by raytx1 View Post
    Congrats man, I know you've been saving up/looking for a fast car for a while now.

Take care of it. How much did you pick it up for? (If you dont mind me asking)
    Thanks.

And yup, it's in good hands. Payed 9.8k but also had to have it delivered from SC to my house, so that adds to the price I guess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information