Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New vette!!!

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

New vette!!!

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/next-cor...turbo-v-8.html

Almost vomited a little when I read this.

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

The article says they are going to go retro with the design of the C7

Happy happy! Joy joy!

Aside from that, I could be all for a mid-engine small displacement turbo V8

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

oh great lets make it even more unaffordable. Now I will never be able to retire.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

oh joy... now the retro miasma has spread to the vette... i'll be buying a honda for my next car...

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Wait, what happened to the 5.5l direct injected motor?

edit:nm, read the article

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Aetos View Post
    Wait, what happened to the 5.5l direct injected motor?

edit:nm, read the article
    Well, I am betting that is still what they will use and maybe, just maybe they will use even a smaller displacement. If so, I am betting it will be at a very high state of tune and be an auto-marvel to say the least. Yes it will be expensive but I am willing to bet they stil keep a model that is just as cheap as the current. Also, there is still a straditional style engine supposed to be as an option. However, who ever takes this article to heart is fooling themselves. Who is the current "big block" in the Corvette? Exactly! It doesnt! lol Do not put a lot of stock in that article.

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

Don't believe a SINGLE THING you read about the C7 until GM officially announces anything.

Corvette is likely the most anticipated and speculated release with each new generation.

And the rumors get wilder each go around.

silver
    2002 ws6 ta convertible

I know all the articles I have seen have been around the same lines as this one I just hope they dont screw the vett up thats all.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Read the article this morning. Was waiting to see a thread on it, I hate reposting lol it's embarrassing.

As long as they also offer a bigger displacement V8 as well, I don't have a problem with them trying out new engines. It's this retro look bullshit I'm afraid of.... Split window on a modern car...I cannot think of many ways to make that look good... I always thought the vette represented moving forward, not regurgitating the past...

Sent from Eye Fone

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Who owns GM again? Oh that's right, the government. No surprise here.

Is the alleged engine change supposed to have any noticeable impact on how the car drives?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Might as well face it the days of big displacement V8 engines days are numbered .. Might want to jump on a 2010 Camaro.. next update may not even have a LSx engine in it ...

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

I think the biggest thing they need to do is improve the interior. Every article about the car I've ever read, the biggest negative is the interior.

Even Top Gear loved driving it and the engine, in fact Jeremy Clarkson said he'd rather have a ZR1 over the Audi R8, but they always mention how bad the interior is compared to the European cars. The plastic looks cheap, and the seats are flimsy and unsupportive. And it's true across the board actually, it's the same way with small and economy cars.

As far as the engine, not sure I like the iea of a turbo vette, but as long as it's a bit faster than the current car, I'll get over it. Not that the current car is slow, but they can't be going backwards with the C7. IMO the base V8 has to make at LEAST 450HP.

And I was thinking a 327cid or even a 283 would be cool. Even in the Gen1 SBC's those engines would rev, I bet they'd be screamers with modern technology.

And the car itself needs to be a bit smaller, I'm sure they can come up with some more efficient packaging for it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I love current vettes and would be happy with a refresh or smaller version of whats even out right now. If they retro the vette itll sell well for a second so all the trendy faggots can go out and buy it to show off around the block, but then when people settle down and realize its a gay piece of shit like they have with the camaro, its gonna be a failure.

The more camaros I see, the more I realize how plain, ugly, and unappealing the car is. I hate the new camaro just as much now as I did when I first saw what it looked like and normally cars grow on me.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Why cant they do a smaller vette that has the same overall lines of the current car, and with a high revving high powered 283-327 engine? They'd sell a ton of cars just because of those 2 engine sizes alone. Make a fucking 283 that makes 450 horses and redlines at freakin 8500 lol

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I love current vettes and would be happy with a refresh or smaller version of whats even out right now. If they retro the vette itll sell well for a second so all the trendy faggots can go out and buy it to show off around the block, but then when people settle down and realize its a gay piece of shit like they have with the camaro, its gonna be a failure.

The more camaros I see, the more I realize how plain, ugly, and unappealing the car is. I hate the new camaro just as much now as I did when I first saw what it looked like and normally cars grow on me.

this to the eleventy billionth degree... except i never liked the new camaro style... there was only one proto type that i liked and the hood was slanted a bit and it wasn't as tall as a damned SUV...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    this to the eleventy billionth degree... except i never liked the new camaro style... there was only one proto type that i liked and the hood was slanted a bit and it wasn't as tall as a damned SUV...
    I never realized how fucking tall that thing is till I've been seeing this one particular car driven by someone that lives in my town. It has the most awkward looking stance to it. Its like a semi squished shoebox with windows on stilts. Literally the only thing good about that car is the engine.

Exterior: ugly as shit
    interior: ugly as shit annnnnd horrible ergonomics and quality of materials
    IRS suspension: poorly done

Engine: phenomenal, but has to lug around a heavy shoebox with soft suspension

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I never realized how fucking tall that thing is till I've been seeing this one particular car driven by someone that lives in my town. It has the most awkward looking stance to it. Its like a semi squished shoebox with windows on stilts. Literally the only thing good about that car is the engine.

Exterior: ugly as shit
    interior: ugly as shit annnnnd horrible ergonomics and quality of materials
    IRS suspension: poorly done

Engine: phenomenal, but has to lug around a heavy shoebox with soft suspension
    Its like I said a long time ago when it first came out .. No way everyone was going to like it .. I have a serious love/hate relationship on it ..but I think that it is as close to a good looking car that Chevy is going to put out ..

LeMans
    2005 Corvette 2005 GTO

bring back the c5 body style with about 550hp base

black
    2002 z28, 2001 B4C Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by BadBlueBird* View Post
    bring back the c5 body style with about 550hp base
    i say keep the c6 body with 550hp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information