Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    murdered out 06 z06

new slipknot song

did anyone hear this? i like it plus its finally good to hear some new shit from them.

all hope is gone is the name of it and i got it off myspace
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...iendid=3646959

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Its not bad, but it just doesnt sound like them. I like Slipknot for that signiature sound they have, their own brand of metal. Lots of people hate them for that very reason, for me its the appeal. I wasnt impresses with the percussion on this track, its that repetitive tap, tap, tap sound that gives me a headache. They have in my opinion the sickest percussion in metal and can do better.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I've liked Slipknot from the beginning and they just keep getting better and better with each release.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

EWWWWWWWWWWW

Not them at all. Thats just not their sound. Terrible

As far as I am concered, anything released after their self titled album. SUCKS.

I will admit theres a couple good songs on some of their albums. But that first cd was the best.

murdered out 06 z06

i like the double bass in it. i still think it has that slipknot sound to it

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by totalkos View Post
    EWWWWWWWWWWW

Not them at all. Thats just not their sound. Terrible

As far as I am concered, anything released after their self titled album. SUCKS.

I will admit theres a couple good songs on some of their albums. But that first cd was the best.
    I'm just the opposite. I like their 1st CD the least. Although I have all their CD's as they all have at least a couple of tunes I liked, it was Vol 3: The Subliminal Verses that really hooked me.

At any rate you're not going to find many people my age at a Slipknot concert.

Nbm
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    At any rate you're not going to find many people my age at a Slipknot concert.
    Agreed. I would never go to one of their shows nowadays(I actually saw them at ozzfest 99 wooo). Honestly i dont go to any underage shows. All the little trendy teen kids running around will drive me nuts .

If they had a show that was 18 or 21+ show somewhere like house of blues, id probably go!

murdered out 06 z06

i saw them when they first were starting to get big here in st louis at a festival called ho-down. they closed the second stage and afterwards my friend and i got all their autographs then about an hour later we met them where their bus was and talked with them for a bit. it was cool seeing them without their masks on

Black
    2000 WS.6

I loved Slipknot before their last album was released. I absolutely hated Subliminal Verses. I was hoping for more along the lines of the self titled and Iowa, but when there was no "Parental Advisory" label on it, I knew I was in trouble.
    They played so much of the new crap the last time I saw them live, I walked out before the set was over...There were a couple 12 years old or so kids with their dad sitting behind me, singing along with the new songs, and had no idea what the older stuff was. The dad sat there, looking almost shocked at the curses in the other songs...It was then I realized Slipknot had sold out to the radio.
    I'm giving them one last chance with this one. If there is so much as a power ballad or even one acoustic note on the album, Slipknot will be dead to me...

silver
    2002 ws6

i like it. it's got old sound and new

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Bombhunter View Post
    I loved Slipknot before their last album was released. I absolutely hated Subliminal Verses. I was hoping for more along the lines of the self titled and Iowa, but when there was no "Parental Advisory" label on it, I knew I was in trouble.
    They played so much of the new crap the last time I saw them live, I walked out before the set was over...There were a couple 12 years old or so kids with their dad sitting behind me, singing along with the new songs, and had no idea what the older stuff was. The dad sat there, looking almost shocked at the curses in the other songs...It was then I realized Slipknot had sold out to the radio.
    I'm giving them one last chance with this one. If there is so much as a power ballad or even one acoustic note on the album, Slipknot will be dead to me...
    Honestly you can't blame them. I mean, unless you're independently wealthy the main idea is to make $$$ doing what you like.

I know from experience that being and/or staying an indie or underground band, no matter how much your fans like you and you like that scene, doesn't pay the bills in the long run.

Black
    2000 WS.6

Honestly you can't blame them. I mean, unless you're independently wealthy the main idea is to make $$$ doing what you like.

I know from experience that being and/or staying an indie or underground band, no matter how much your fans like you and you like that scene, doesn't pay the bills in the long run.
    Slayer and Chimaira don't seem to have a problem with no airplay...They've been around for awhile and haven't sold out to the radio. I don't think I've ever heard one of their songs on the radio...

I understand what you are saying and all, but I think Slipknot was big enough after Iowa to survive without writing an entirely radio friendly album. Their last one could be played on the radio...every single track...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM

Slayer and Chimaira don't seem to have a problem with no airplay...They've been around for awhile and haven't sold out to the radio. I don't think I've ever heard one of their songs on the radio...

I understand what you are saying and all, but I think Slipknot was big enough after Iowa to survive without writing an entirely radio friendly album. Their last one could be played on the radio...every single track...
    Get real dude, Slayer is all over the radio. I don't know where you live or have lived but when I lived in LA (up til 03) Slayer got plenty of airplay on KNAC and KROQ. Then again they're from Huntington Beach (which is in OC). They even get airplay on KUPD here in Phoenix.

I'd like to know: How is getting airplay considered being a sellout?

I see Yello and I like it 02cetransam's Avatar

yellow
    02 Collector Trans Am

good to see a new song..... its about time!

murdered out 06 z06

wtf!! in the midwest slayer or chimaira do not get any airplay instead they give it to shit ass bands like disturbed or breakin benjamin
    slipknot will be one of the best for a long time to come because of what they bring to the table
    i was happy as all hell to see joey jordison from slipknot join korn last year on the tour. he was amazing with korn live.
    ALL HOPE IS GONE will more than likely be a great album

as far as chimaira they are the new slayer. slayer themselves already passed the torch on as so to say to chimaira with multiple interiviews involving kerry king and tom araya
    Last edited by issues; 06-30-2008 at 12:13 AM.

Black
    2000 WS.6

Get real dude, Slayer is all over the radio. I don't know where you live or have lived but when I lived in LA (up til 03) Slayer got plenty of airplay on KNAC and KROQ. Then again they're from Huntington Beach (which is in OC). They even get airplay on KUPD here in Phoenix.

I'd like to know: How is getting airplay considered being a sellout?

In my opinion
    , when you tone down your lyrical content so the radio will play your CD, to me, that's selling out. What happened to People = Sh!t? or Spit it Out or Surfacing? No, you have Vermilion pt 1 and 2 and Danger - Keep Away...

Metal is virtually non-existant on the radio here in Va. I'm sure in Cleveland Chimaira gets airtime, but here, it's all about what the little boys and girls want to hear.

Any coincidence that Subliminal Verses is the only Slipknot album you see sold in Wal Mart? Don't think so...

Don't get me wrong now, I used to like Slipknot, and still do. Just not as much because of the latest offering. Maybe SV will be their one "experimental" album and will go back to the Slipknot of old. We'll see...

murdered out 06 z06

here is the other new song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3IylR2rec2A

Black
    2000 WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    here is the other new song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3IylR2rec2A
    This is a classic example of another manufactured radio song...Stone Sour like singing during the chorus? ...Slipknot are done...So far I'm disappointed in the two songs I've heard...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

This is a classic example of another manufactured radio song...Stone Sour like singing during the chorus? ...Slipknot are done...So far I'm disappointed in the two songs I've heard...
    couldn't have said it better. They're first 2 EP CDs were brutal

silver
    2002 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by issues View Post
    wtf!! in the midwest slayer or chimaira do not get any airplay instead they give it to shit ass bands like disturbed or breakin benjamin
    slipknot will be one of the best for a long time to come because of what they bring to the table
    i was happy as all hell to see joey jordison from slipknot join korn last year on the tour. he was amazing with korn live.
    ALL HOPE IS GONE will more than likely be a great album

as far as chimaira they are the new slayer. slayer themselves already passed the torch on as so to say to chimaira with multiple interiviews involving kerry king and tom araya
    breaking benjamin sucks so bad. they are a perfect example of the "paint by numbers" way to have a rock band.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information