5 45.45%
  • This poll is stupid...

2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

New rooster in the hen house? Maybe....

Stumbled across this...Maybe maybe not but it's still impressive. Gotta love AWD. A Typhoon was my first real fast ride and I loved it...The TA is still way faster than anything else I have ever had. Never the less this Skyline could go on the fantasy list if it makes it to the showroom!
    Click for full size
    lt4 hot cam, l.e. heads, gold 1.6rr, hooker lts, 3"ypipe, hookercatback, no cats, subframes, b&m ripper, k&n cai, msd6a-coil-opti, udp, tr55 g's, ta girdle, 4.10's, boxed control arms, Madz28 tune, specstg3, alum. elbow. No traction

I posted up a Typhoon thread a while ago...and most people on here didnt approve of them over a trade of a F-body.

As far as the GT-R pic goes...good platform, but I dont really like the look.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Many of the 'ricer kids' here have imported Skylines from Japan.

They are right hand drives and the kids pimp them out and take them to the track (drag, AutoX, and RR).

They can be quite fast but most are dyno queens. I have never seen one as an awd tho the ones here are all rwd.

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

WHatever makes it over here on dealer lots will be overpriced
    '07 MAZDASPEED6 GT
    '96 Mystic Cobra #5615

Arctic White Hardtop
    '98 Formula M6

the new gtr's are whicked ugly and will probably be bought up by 45 year old men who think they are 25, and yes they do make them with AWD too. some older models also had assisted rear-wheel stearing.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMan View Post
    WHatever makes it over here on dealer lots will be overpriced
    Agreed, but what do I know. I am scum.

No wait, I am a douche.

Secret, yeah I just dont like the look. After the thread starter mentioned the Typhoon, I kind of miss the "agressive" look. Every car nowadays has a aerodynamic look to it and its not that I like it, I just miss the aggressive look.

Driving as fast as I can dafaic's Avatar

Silver
    97 TA M6

It's not bad. A skyline is a glorified g35 or 350z as of now. And yes these skylines can be sweet. And like someone else said there are alot of cars that are dyno queens. I was talking to a guy here in town that has an ls1 SS he put down 414 and runs 12.01's and he was talking to the guy that did the dyno tune and he was telling him that he has seen 600hp cars run 12's cause all the money is in the motor and not on making the car go fast down the track...At any rate if this car does make it in the form described it will be a force to deal with on the road ways. There are plenty of 40 year old guys out there racing at the track and on the roads. I know the guy in the c6 I raced on the highway had to be in his late 30's early 40's...They have a need for speed too....

And Akira your right. Most people don't care for the typhoon until you see one run. When i was running around here in town it was difficult to get any one to race. Most people that did were mustang gt's which it ate up and spit out. I had a couple fbody guys refuse to race me only because they had heard about them and heard they were fast but thats all they knew. Cutting 1.8 60ft on street tires and running high 13's with 280 hp is not bad for 1992 and 1993 standards...

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Whats all this crap about us 40 year olds ... Look at the top Top Fuel drivers ...Late 30s-40s .... And most of the sports car drivers ..even NASCAR has drivers in their 40s and beyond ...
    I know plenty of guys in their 20s that buy f-bodys and Vettes and drive then like a 4-banger ..
    And buy they way , the 350s will soon be getting cheap enough to get full engine kits and such for, and they already are makeing turbos ... all really you get is the AWD ....

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    I posted up a Typhoon thread a while ago...and most people on here didnt approve of them over a trade of a F-body.

As far as the GT-R pic goes...good platform, but I dont really like the look.
    You asked on a forum where most people would get rid of the mother of thier children over a camaro

only a certain few i see on this forum know a good fast car when they see it and are no blinded by the GM/f-body bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    You asked on a forum where most people would get rid of the mother of thier children over a camaro

only a certain few i see on this forum know a good fast car when they see it and are no blinded by the GM/f-body bullshit.
    Thanks for the observation, Captain Obvious!

Thread Information