Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

New ride, not a TA

As some of you know my Trans Am got totaled a while back by a dumb bitch running a stop sign. I couldn’t and still can’t afford another. Being said I have been driving beaters for the past year and a half ie. two 95 BMW 318i, a 90 fox 5.0. I finally came about a hell of a deal I couldn’t pass up...my first bike lol

2001 GSXR 1000
    7800 miles
    Bore to a 1070/1170/1270 (one of those)
    Power commander
    head/cam/header
    Racing Fairings
    It has a lot of mods, I am still waiting on the exact list and specs of the mods. According to the owner when he got it tuned it put down 212hp to the rear wheel.

Honestly I am not too sure I am going to keep it. I drove it a bit (not on public roads) and its ALOT of power. I plan on taking MSF course once I find where I can take the classes at, then deciding weather I’m going to keep it or not. I have it in storage right now and plan on also driving my brothers old fox on rainy days. Anyways here some pics im sure ya want to see…

white
    1997 dodge dakota

nice bike

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Thanks man, it not prefect but I dont need need new

here a couple more

2011 Prius

That's a scary first bike!

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by SHines-IT View Post
    That's a scary first bike!
    tell me abt it, my 3 brothers were out there on my first drive with it I took it around the parking lot once and came back and said 'f that im selling it'. They were like noo wayy really? lol

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    tell me abt it, my 3 brothers were out there on my first drive with it I took it around the parking lot once and came back and said 'f that im selling it'. They were like noo wayy really? lol
    I rode a few around a parking lot, to know when and if I truly get my first bike. Not to go over 600 CC's on a sport bike. That's still high for a first bike in some eyes. But that's a nice bike, could be fun.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Damn! And its your first bike? Crazy man, alotta people say 1000's arent that bad for a first bike but i still went with a 600 haha and with all the work that gixxer has, thats just crazy Cool bike though!! Maybe you could do a little paint work yourself like i did for like $80 and totally changed the look of my bike

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Damn that's a beast

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Wooooaaah, very nice bike dude, 212rwhp, you realize your making like 40-45 more rwhp than a zx-14, thats wicked fast, be careful with that thing, try not to get into to much trouble with it, again very nice bike.

You got any other plans for it if you keep it?

My first bike was a crb954... if you ride dumb on a 600 or a 1000 your going to kill yourself either way! Mine had around 150hp... I could imaging another 60, but after a while it wouldn't be fast enough!

1993 Mustang Gt(SOLD!)
    Searching for LS1 TransAm

Are you calling my 5.0 a beater you a$$hole lol

'05 Harley - 21k m
    '98 Z28 black - 69k mi

I like bikes, except that one you have kinda looks like someones OLD track bike? Has road rashed cheap race fairings, I mean, WTF, the originals got trashed, replace with cheap race fairing and TRASH them too? Dent in the tank? no mirrors? and the tires ugggh, that rear tire should be replaced,
    but WAIT, you said you were getting rid of it.
    IF you do keep it, do yourself a favor, replace the tires, replace the rear if nothing else. It will handle better with a tire that isn't worn the way your rear tire is worn, you need every advantage you can get with your experience level, first thing you need is a rear tire, and find some mirrors, doubt you'll get it through BMV without mirrors, and why would you want to be sitting at intersections without being able to cover those mirrors

Here's my little ZX9r, I've riden this 41,000.0 miles so far. Let's talk about green fur
    Last edited by LimeNine; 02-05-2010 at 01:38 PM.

looks good man.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have heard MANY a gixxer fan say those bikes have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground. I like gixxers tho...but I like sportbikes anyway. Nice bike man.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Wooooaaah, very nice bike dude, 212rwhp, you realize your making like 40-45 more rwhp than a zx-14, thats wicked fast, be careful with that thing, try not to get into to much trouble with it, again very nice bike.

You got any other plans for it if you keep it?
    thanks man but I am kinda sketchy on the #s, but stock power is enough lol. The plan is staying on the bike, and not braking anything when I do go down. If I do keep it, extending the rear tire with a swing arm or extenders is something I think looks sick. But being that I know very little about bikes, im still researching the pros and cons on that mod.

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    My first bike was a crb954... if you ride dumb on a 600 or a 1000 your going to kill yourself either way! Mine had around 150hp... I could imaging another 60, but after a while it wouldn't be fast enough!
    I plan taking it out a few times then deciding whether I am going to keep it or not. Very true about the 600 thing many think a 600 is too much bike for a newb.

Quote Originally Posted by raytx1 View Post
    Are you calling my 5.0 a beater you a$$hole lol
    dude, downgrading from and LS1 Trans Am to ur 90 fox...thats a beater lol

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I have heard MANY a gixxer fan say those bikes have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground. I like gixxers tho...but I like sportbikes anyway. Nice bike man.
    Thanks man, it was his wifes bike and she said @ 100 the front tire could come up on me...soo ill just have to keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Damn! And its your first bike? Crazy man, alotta people say 1000's arent that bad for a first bike but i still went with a 600 haha and with all the work that gixxer has, thats just crazy Cool bike though!! Maybe you could do a little paint work yourself like i did for like $80 and totally changed the look of my bike
    Pretty crazy I know, I am considering getting a whole flaring set if I do keep it. But for now, the odds are I am going to drop it so those will do. Not even a rear seat but thats ok too, I don't want to be responsible for someone flying off.

Black
    1999 Trans-Am

Quote Originally Posted by LimeNine View Post
    I like bikes, except that one you have kinda looks like someones OLD track bike? Has road rashed cheap race fairings, I mean, WTF, the originals got trashed, replace with cheap race fairing and TRASH them too? Dent in the tank? no mirrors? and the tires ugggh, that rear tire should be replaced,
    but WAIT, you said you were getting rid of it.
    IF you do keep it, do yourself a favor, replace the tires, replace the rear if nothing else. It will handle better with a tire that isn't worn the way your rear tire is worn, you need every advantage you can get with your experience level, first thing you need is a rear tire, and find some mirrors, doubt you'll get it through BMV without mirrors, and why would you want to be sitting at intersections without being able to cover those mirrors

Here's my little ZX9r, I've riden this 41,000.0 miles so far. Let's talk about green fur
    Thanks for the input man, shows how much I know about bikes (not much)lol

but you don't like my bike because it might of been a track bike and because track bikes get dogged and mine has been down? ...its my 1st bike, I wasn't worried about looks and the title was clean. Sounds like a solid bike, and I had a Suzuki dealer check it out before the deal was made.

It was his wife's and she did drop it, and I am most likely going to do the same. That explains the dented tank lol. I forgot to mention, it has a rear mounted camera so you can see whats behind you on a front screen. Yet I'm still considering mirrors because I dont know how comfortable I am going to be with just a screen.

Can you please elaborate on the tires? Why are they so bad? Is it a brand thing, the wear, or because the bike has a problem causing it to trash the tires? I will have to double check the receipt but both tires should have about 50 mile on them.

Anyways, you have a very nice and well taken care of bike. The green and black look a lot better then I would of imaged it. I understand you would probably not consider buying this bike, but for the same year and more miles people are asking a few more grand then what I invested in this.

Quick Silver
    2002 Z06

Nice bike! Be careful... 1000 is quite a bike for your first bike. Its fine at first while your scared of it but you always end up feeling "safe" and doing stupid stuff.

Generally when you make a mistake in that phase its best to be on a smaller bike, your chances of living are a little better.

So remember, when you decide you can get crazy, think twice
    Last edited by gnomee; 02-05-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Slow Passenger Window - Want Passenger Express Down - Tired of Replacing DayTime Running Light Bulbs

Camaro Owners Click Here
    Firebird Owners Click Here

Need instructions to replace your F-Body window motor?
    www.AutoTrix.net

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by NorthwoodDavid View Post
    Thanks for the input man, shows how much I know about bikes (not much)lol

but you don't like my bike because it might of been a track bike and because track bikes get dogged and mine has been down? ...its my 1st bike, I wasn't worried about looks and the title was clean. Sounds like a solid bike, and I had a Suzuki dealer check it out before the deal was made.

It was his wife's and she did drop it, and I am most likely going to do the same. That explains the dented tank lol. I forgot to mention, it has a rear mounted camera so you can see whats behind you on a front screen. Yet I'm still considering mirrors because I dont know how comfortable I am going to be with just a screen.

Can you please elaborate on the tires? Why are they so bad? Is it a brand thing, the wear, or because the bike has a problem causing it to trash the tires? I will have to double check the receipt but both tires should have about 50 mile on them.

Anyways, you have a very nice and well taken care of bike. The green and black look a lot better then I would of imaged it. I understand you would probably not consider buying this bike, but for the same year and more miles people are asking a few more grand then what I invested in this.
    Yeah, the problem is too much power An extended swingarm will make the bike more stable and of course keep the front down. It'll be a little less nimble too.

black
    98 WS6

If you drive a bike you should stay away from anything more than 400cc imo

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    If you drive a bike you should stay away from anything more than 400cc imo
    drive meaning just smash the throttle and not paying attention like with a car?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information