Thread: New Ride

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

New Ride

Bought this for my wife last night. 2006 Jeep Commander Limited. V8, 50k miles, leather, 3rd row seating, sunroof, 4WD, DVD, the works. The only thing it doesn't have is a Hemi and navigation. What do you guys think?

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Not my style, but it's definately nice, for sure! Looks brand new to me... how much can it tow?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Oh yea man, those are def. Nice trucks.

Couple years back my parents test drove one with a Hemi, had a really nice interior and had good power. Even though yours doesn't have all the power of the hemi I'm sure it's still pretty nice.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Quote Originally Posted by MrMasterCraft View Post
    Not my style, but it's definately nice, for sure! Looks brand new to me... how much can it tow?
    Yeah I lean more towards cars than SUV's myself, but she is the opposite. Plus, we didn't have anything to haul stuff in (trips to Lowes, etc.)

It is really clean to be 4 years old. There is only one door ding that I could find, in the passenger door, but that should be able to get popped out. I couldn't find any scratches or anything like that either (outside of typical road nicks on the bumper).

I think the 4.7 V8 that it's equipped with is rated at about 6500lbs. Guess I need to buy a boat next! lol
    Last edited by chiller2484; 03-04-2010 at 05:20 AM.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

This Jeep is awesome. I drove it some last night and was messing with the menu options.

It has rain sensing windshield wipers, headlights that automatically come on with the wipers and automatically turn on/off the high beams when there's no other light (I live in a rural area, and this came in really handy last night).

Also, it's got dual heated, power leather seats in the front with dual climate control. The 3rd row seats also have their own set of climate controls.

6 Disc CD changer with Boston Acoustic stereo/speakers. DVD player with ceiling mounted screen/remote.

To sum it up, it's pretty much the nicest vehicle I (or my wife) have ever owned. It'll stay around for a bit and I got it all for $20,000 out the door.

2011 Prius

The guy I thought was my dad has one, it's pretty nice. His is a 4x2 and 6 cyld. I like it, just hate the back seat really not much room.

I have a feeling my next one, people will be like moron, lol. But 2-4 months after that, people will say red nect with a 2nd gen...

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Yeah the 3rd row is pretty much for kids. I wouldn't subject any adult to ride back there, unless I didn't like them.

My wife had a black one setup the same way, badass ride for sure. I know its a Jeep and im not a fan of jeeps in any way but i really felt kind of classy driving that thing. We traded on a loaded altima b/c the gas mileage was pretty bad. aside from that it was awesome

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

Quote Originally Posted by whitelightnin99 View Post
    My wife had a black one setup the same way, badass ride for sure. I know its a Jeep and im not a fan of jeeps in any way but i really felt kind of classy driving that thing. We traded on a loaded altima b/c the gas mileage was pretty bad. aside from that it was awesome
    I don't have a problem with Jeep's. I live/work near the Uwharrie National Forest and see all sorts of rigs that come through to go wheelin' on the trails. I had a Wrangler but sold it b/c it just wasn't practical. At least the Commander can haul a load of groceries in the back! lol

What's funny is we also have an Altima! We have 3 in the stable now. We have a Mazda 3 that I daily drive that get's around 30mpg and the Altima avg's a little higher, so when we go out of town the Jeep will most likely stay at home. I drive an average of 600 miles per week, and will start to split between the Mazda/Nissan.

Well...until I get a G8.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lucky girl! i woudlnt have gotten the v8 unless u need to tow something with it, but w/e !

i know its used and u cant get too picky!

Impounded
    gmcheviac

ahh, the 4.7. 235 horsepower and the mileage of a hemi It was a reliable motor for us and we hauled more than the 7k or so rated in that Ram, never got hot or did anything stupid. Just kicked down alot of course. Tow haul on the 545rfe ony takes it out of the second overdrive, atleast on rams

Thread Information