Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Exclamation New Planet Found May Have Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._planet25.html

I'm very much in to this stuff and this is very very awesome and important to read about!!!
    Last edited by Spaz; 04-25-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Spaz View Post
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._planet25.html

I'm very much in to this stuff and this is very very awesome and important to read about!!!
    Can't be reached in the life span of a human.

Teats on a boar hog to me.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by jad628 View Post
    Can't be reached in the life span of a human.

Teats on a boar hog to me.
    correct the other thing is it's 20.5 million light years away... so what ever we see of that planet happened 20.5 million years ago from teh time we see it... now... let us dump millions in to research of this planet to find that the sun burnt up all of it's hydrogen and started to burn helium, expanded and has consumed the planet...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

stupid researchers... watch Star Wars a few times and get the whole "warp speed" thing down...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yeah i saw that late last nite or early this morning.

pretty amazing what we can detect and learn about far away objects just by use of the tools that we have at our disposal rotating around our own planet.

one thing that was noted about this particular celestial object in another article i read was that one needs to be careful when reading about these bodies because objects like Mars are included in the "able to support life" category simply because the temperature range is within that that liquid water can flow to some degree over the surface.

one thing i wonder about is the rotation of the planet. being a red dwarf the star is obviously rather old...obviously not as old as a red giant...but still old. i wonder if at one time the planet did rotate upon its axis but as time wore on it simply slowed down due to, like they theorize about earth, that our core is cooling and will one day turn to a solid lump of iron that will cause the earths rotation to stop spinning on its axis as well as shut down the van allen radiation belts.

it seems that every few months they are able to detect smaller and smaller planetary systems at galactic nearby regions. i wonder just how long it will be until they find one that is close enough that we could reach within a few generations of human life that would be habitable and close enough to the standards of earth that our current scientific methods of weight (not mass) would still apply or be relatively unchanged.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

correct the other thing is it's 20.5 million light years away... so what ever we see of that planet happened 20.5 million years ago from teh time we see it... now... let us dump millions in to research of this planet to find that the sun burnt up all of it's hydrogen and started to burn helium, expanded and has consumed the planet...
    HAHAHHAHA...yeah, that would suck.

reminds me of that episode from south park, where they went to a planet and were like "this place is awesome, there's no god or parents or politicians!"

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    one thing i wonder about is the rotation of the planet. being a red dwarf the star is obviously rather old...obviously not as old as a red giant...but still old. i wonder if at one time the planet did rotate upon its axis but as time wore on it simply slowed down due to, like they theorize about earth, that our core is cooling and will one day turn to a solid lump of iron that will cause the earths rotation to stop spinning on its axis as well as shut down the van allen radiation belts.
    yeah... once the earth stops it's rotation and the core solidifies we lose our magnetic poles... no more electricity... no more technology then...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yeah... once the earth stops it's rotation and the core solidifies we lose our magnetic poles... no more electricity... no more technology then...
    exactly. this is getting off topic...but have you seen any of the documentaries or information that's out there about the evidence that suggests that the earth is currently undergoing a magnetic pole reversal? they claim that within the next 100 or 200 years that the earth will have shifted its poles so that south is north and vice versa. the evidence is based on measurements taken of the strength of the magnetic field which has been steadily waning over the past few decades of measurement as well as the interruption of migratory patterns of birds and the effect of haywire gps units and compasses.

the whole thing has happened several times in earths history and there is no way to stop it from happening so at some point in time some humans will experience it that is a given.

they think that the radiation belts will be either completely inactive or at the very least extremely weakened for a period of a handful of years...5 or something like. can you imagine the number cancer rates rising drastically not to mention the potential for genetic mutations of all species on earth.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

exactly. this is getting off topic...but have you seen any of the documentaries or information that's out there about the evidence that suggests that the earth is currently undergoing a magnetic pole reversal? they claim that within the next 100 or 200 years that the earth will have shifted its poles so that south is north and vice versa. the evidence is based on measurements taken of the strength of the magnetic field which has been steadily waning over the past few decades of measurement as well as the interruption of migratory patterns of birds and the effect of haywire gps units and compasses.

the whole thing has happened several times in earths history and there is no way to stop it from happening so at some point in time some humans will experience it that is a given.

they think that the radiation belts will be either completely inactive or at the very least extremely weakened for a period of a handful of years...5 or something like. can you imagine the number cancer rates rising drastically not to mention the potential for genetic mutations of all species on earth.
    damn i hope that never happens... we will be cooked alive by the intense radiation from the sun...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

can you imagine the number cancer rates rising drastically not to mention the potential for genetic mutations of all species on earth.
    blacks will blame whites, whites will blame politics, politics will blame terrorists...while we're all burning alive

kum by-yah anyone?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    blacks will blame whites, whites will blame politics, politics will blame terrorists...while we're all burning alive

kum by-yah anyone?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post

kum by-yah anyone?
    you forgot that liberals and hippies will blame republicans and corporate america for their greed. it's just the cycle of the earth and there's no way to stop it...now if only there was a way to stop the bitching

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

you forgot that liberals and hippies will blame republicans and corporate america for their greed. it's just the cycle of the earth and there's no way to stop it...now if only there was a way to stop the bitching
    surgically remove the protients from our dna strands when we are in zygoat form that are reponsible for vocal development...

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    There is.

That will stop anyone from bitching because it would vaporize them. Seriously though, that is cool that they found a planet kinda like ours.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    There is.

Click for full size

That will stop anyone from bitching because it would vaporize them. Seriously though, that is cool that they found a planet kinda like ours.
    there is an estimated 100million planets like ours...

Shit
    Sweet. I wonder if they each have their own god as well? You know, since the christian god gets all pissed if any other god but him is talked about around here.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Sweet. I wonder if they each have their own god as well? You know, since the christian god gets all pissed if any other god but him is talked about around here.
    They could... all the gods could hangout every friday night and compare the progress of the planets they each created...

Shit
    And ours would say, "Holy shit, look at all those little bastards running from that F5 I just farted out!!!"

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

there is an estimated 100million planets like ours...
    i think what's more interesting than the planets themselves would be the type of life that could be present. would the creatures be aquatic, bipedal, symmetrical, asymmetrical, respire based on nitrogen or argon instead of oxygen...the possibilities are endless and astounding.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    They could... all the gods could hangout every friday night and compare the progress of the planets they each created...
    and those gods would just be creations of a higher being who in turn is just a creation of man...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information