Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 81 to 91 of 91

new mustang chinese transmission plagues with troubles

This is a discussion on new mustang chinese transmission plagues with troubles within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; Big difference is ford knew who was building their transmission just like gm knew who is building their transmission. china ...

  1. #81
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Big difference is ford knew who was building their transmission just like gm knew who is building their transmission. china equals junk. T56s dont have issues as much as people are making them out to be.....probably auto owners

    everything no matter who builds it is going to break

  2. #82
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Big difference is ford knew who was building their transmission just like gm knew who is building their transmission. china equals junk. T56s dont have issues as much as people are making them out to be.....probably auto owners

    everything no matter who builds it is going to break
    Its a mystery to me why they didnt use a t56. My guess is they thought it wasnt goin to fail and theyd save money. The trans is lighter too. It does in fact shift nice. But yeah I'm dissappointed with so many issues in brand new cars. It'd keep me from buying an 11 model in a few years lol

  3. #83
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Its a mystery to me why they didnt use a t56. My guess is they thought it wasnt goin to fail and theyd save money. The trans is lighter too. It does in fact shift nice. But yeah I'm dissappointed with so many issues in brand new cars. It'd keep me from buying an 11 model in a few years lol
    Knowing how Ford has been doing, they will get this squared away.

  4. #84
    Senior Member Transamws6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    DMV
    Posts
    1,036

    NBM
    '00 A4 SS

    Yup, I can agree with that. Like I said before, this is the first model year for the 5.0 cars. This is a brand spankin' new drivetrain that they're using. It's crazy that people are already labeling these cars pieces of shit because of this issue and the thing hasn't even been out for over a year yet. A lot of cars have quirks and problems, especially when they're brand new like this and the 5.0 unfortunately was plagued with transmission issues. Ford will get this issue sorted out, I'm positive.

    People need to seriously chill.

  5. #85
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Yup, I can agree with that. Like I said before, this is the first model year for the 5.0 cars. This is a brand spankin' new drivetrain that they're using. It's crazy that people are already labeling these cars pieces of shit because of this issue and the thing hasn't even been out for over a year yet. A lot of cars have quirks and problems, especially when they're brand new like this and the 5.0 unfortunately was plagued with transmission issues. Ford will get this issue sorted out, I'm positive.

    People need to seriously chill.
    The reason people are going nuts is like my first post in this thread, the 5.0 was being shoved down people's throats like there was no tomorrow. Every other day someone was posting stuff about them until the mods stepped in.

  6. #86
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    People like what they like and get defensive. Thats all. I have no issues with difference of opinion, its when people say something ignorant, stupid, or baseless that I get annoyed.

    But yes, its bullshit that the trans is failing early and the owners have the right to be pissed. I dont think its anything more then a lack of judgement by ford. Its obvious theres either a design issue, a materials issue, or that trans simply doesnt handle the engine with the way its currently built. Perhaps it needs better guts in it.

    People bring up the t5 trans a lot, but to be honest that trans is a great trans. Theres virtually nothing wrong with the design and in the case of the 5.0, the guts put in it. The problem with the t5s breaking in 5.0s is that it simply was never inteded to be behind the torque and hard shifting on sticky tires that got thrown at it. I dont think ford knew that people were gonna mod the car like they ended up doing. I have a t5 in my car and I dont powershift the car, and my tires arent super sticky and i have no problems. If i was powershifting it on sticky rubber then yeah, i'd expect it to break. Not because its a bad trans, but because im abusing it.

  7. #87
    down in it 310stanger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    nj
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,976

    white
    90 Mustang 5.0

    i think its real hard to bench race online without it getting "heated" because people cant see facial expression or context that things get said. You also dont really know these people so you assume they are being a dick to you. You have it in your head what they are "like" so you assume everything they say is a certain way. Lots of us probably raz buddies about the ford vs chevy mustang vs fbody thing all the time and it never gets as heated as it does here. But because this shit exists in text, people get to read it over and over again, where it stews in their brain. versus a comment made in public is said and forgotten.

  8. #88
    I don't sell out! blackSS01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,558

    Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    i think its real hard to bench race online without it getting "heated" because people cant see facial expression or context that things get said. You also dont really know these people so you assume they are being a dick to you. You have it in your head what they are "like" so you assume everything they say is a certain way. Lots of us probably raz buddies about the ford vs chevy mustang vs fbody thing all the time and it never gets as heated as it does gere. But because this shit exists in text, people get to read it over and over again, where it stews in their brain. versus a comment made in public is said and forgotten.
    I can agree with that.

  9. #89
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by Marc 85Z28 View Post

    Quote Originally Posted by ssgtcarroll View Post
    That post was refering to my rear which was declared a normal condition? Do not understand the conflict?

    Just seems all you guys are eating it up. The t56 and 4l60e have tons of documented issues themselves.

    It doesn't matter. I am surprised this thread even made it this far. I know a mod said NO 5.0 threads.....period.
    it's not a 5.0 thread. it's a transmission thread.

  10. #90
    Senior Member big hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    manitoba, canada
    Posts
    1,731

    silver
    2002 ws6

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    People bring up the t5 trans a lot, but to be honest that trans is a great trans. Theres virtually nothing wrong with the design and in the case of the 5.0, the guts put in it. The problem with the t5s breaking in 5.0s is that it simply was never inteded to be behind the torque and hard shifting on sticky tires that got thrown at it. I dont think ford knew that people were gonna mod the car like they ended up doing. I have a t5 in my car and I dont powershift the car, and my tires arent super sticky and i have no problems. If i was powershifting it on sticky rubber then yeah, i'd expect it to break. Not because its a bad trans, but because im abusing it.
    true. who would want to mod a performance car? it's never been done before...

  11. #91
    LSX whore allbaugh_04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Age
    34
    Posts
    5,895

    Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

    Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I'd bet money there were transes in the 4th gen fbodies where people had problems early...... You know how many units were/are in the field?

    You not understanding how the wrong fluid in a trans can cause a grind kinda shows how lil mechanical knowledge or experience working on cars you have. Put gear oil in a t56 and report back.
    HAHAHA yea I figured I would put water in my trans and thought it'd work...srs?

    I guess it was too hard for you to understand...I don't see how a specific trans fluid can make a transmission grind...there, now maybe you can understand.

    Then you say you don't see why they didn't use a t-56 after you said they were plagued with problems, contradiction?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ABS troubles
    By spyhunt3r in forum General Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:51 PM
  2. Help: Transmission Troubles!
    By manarth5103 in forum General Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM
  3. Oil troubles/with vibrating
    By RedHot99T/A in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
  4. Traction Troubles
    By Trannyman in forum Wheels and Tires
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-14-2008, 04:18 PM
  5. t-top troubles...
    By delinquent543 in forum Firebird / WS6
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 04:11 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •