Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

new cop car with 365 horsepower

http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...ed-police-car/

Mustangs better not try to run, well pre 2011 mustangs anyway.

This thing looks pretty nice, and its gonna save us tax payers some gas money. 35% better fuel mileage than the crown vics.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

every officer i know hates the "clown dicks" as they call them... they all wanted the 94-96 impala back... then they wanted the charger...

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

My buddy just got his new Charger patrol car. The thing is totally unmarked, looks like a Charger from the lot, nice wheels, even normail Iowa plates. He loves it although he'll be jealous when he see's this thing.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    My buddy just got his new Charger patrol car. The thing is totally unmarked, looks like a Charger from the lot, nice wheels, even normail Iowa plates. He loves it although he'll be jealous when he see's this thing.
    yeah... can't tell untill you get close enough to see the lights through the tint on the back windows... then it's "oh shit... please don't pull me over..."

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yeah... can't tell untill you get close enough to see the lights through the tint on the back windows... then it's "oh shit... please don't pull me over..."
    Ya, a couple days after he got it, he had a guy fly up on his ass. So he set his cruise at 55 and the dude passed him. LOL. Ticket for 68 in a 55

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

well...we're boned. at least those of us in stock form.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    well...we're boned. at least those of us in stock form.
    i'm guessing they will be heavy as hell from all the police equipment in them... ford also ballons their HP numbers...

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i'm guessing they will be heavy as hell from all the police equipment in them... ford also ballons their HP numbers...
    Nah the new Taurus (which these are btw) seem pretty accurate. The 3.5s are pretty nice engines.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

its ok, chevy will biuld the interceptor again i was told at the gathering a couple years ago.

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

If anything the bigger departments will end up buying the 263 hp ones for economical reasons. 360hp seems like alot of money for up-keep. The majority of city employees will tear these cars up. These days probably the highway state patrols or smaller departments will most likely get the high horse power ones. Most departments don't see the point of having high horsepower vehicles with all these restrictive chase policies. Most police officers want to ride in a roomy vehicle for the most part. It's kind of an office.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

The thing is totally unmarked, looks like a Charger from the lot, nice wheels, even normail Iowa plates.
    even normail Iowa plates.
    normail

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

i hate the new charger unmarked cruisers. they trick me all the time.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    If anything the bigger departments will end up buying the 263 hp ones for economical reasons. 360hp seems like alot of money for up-keep. The majority of city employees will tear these cars up. These days probably the highway state patrols or smaller departments will most likely get the high horse power ones. Most departments don't see the point of having high horsepower vehicles with all these restrictive chase policies. Most police officers want to ride in a roomy vehicle for the most part. It's kind of an office.
    i'd agree with most of that although i'd say that virtually all departments will go with the lower hp model. highway patrol will certainly pick up on the higher hp models though...but by and large all other departments will opt for the cheaper of the two. these cars get a lot of use and abuse from those behind the wheel of them and from those in other vehicles. having a turbo in a car that rarely is shut off and runs for hours to a time under city driving conditions is not a good thing.

2010 Nissan Sentra SR dd
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by bamaz28 View Post
    its ok, chevy will biuld the interceptor again i was told at the gathering a couple years ago.
    They're bringing back the Caprice. It's basically the Pontiac G8 with Chevy emblems on it so it should be pretty badass.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    i'd agree with most of that although i'd say that virtually all departments will go with the lower hp model. highway patrol will certainly pick up on the higher hp models though...but by and large all other departments will opt for the cheaper of the two. these cars get a lot of use and abuse from those behind the wheel of them and from those in other vehicles. having a turbo in a car that rarely is shut off and runs for hours to a time under city driving conditions is not a good thing.
    The high hp cars are basically the Taurus SHO. I'm sure each department will get a couple of them but I agree that the majority will be the lower end cars just because the departments are so cheap.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiller2484 View Post
    i hate the new charger unmarked cruisers. they trick me all the time.
    Get a radar detector and open your eyes. I can point out any unmarked Charger. There's a very subtle distinction but I'm paranoid enough to spot it in traffic no problem. I got a lot of practice driving on the interstate all the time with no radar detector. And now that I have one, it just makes them way too obvious.

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
    02 superchipsZ28 M6(sold)

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post
    They're bringing back the Caprice. It's basically the Pontiac G8 with Chevy emblems on it so it should be pretty badass.

The high hp cars are basically the Taurus SHO. I'm sure each department will get a couple of them but I agree that the majority will be the lower end cars just because the departments are so cheap.

Get a radar detector and open your eyes. I can point out any unmarked Charger. There's a very subtle distinction but I'm paranoid enough to spot it in traffic no problem. I got a lot of practice driving on the interstate all the time with no radar detector. And now that I have one, it just makes them way too obvious.
    heard that too, the camaro could be released as well as an interceptor...hopefully. my sister and bro in law would shit. he owns a B4C they are in law enforcement.

It makes sense. The current Taurus is a re-badged Ford 500 which didn't sell on its on. Now they have a built in market.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Nice looking cop car. I'm getting tired of seeing these outdated looking crown vic's, impalas, and ecoline vans riding around here. Will be a nice upgrade.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

The upcoming police caprice isn't the same as a g8, it's the longer wheelbase commodore

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Quote Originally Posted by johnd View Post
    It makes sense. The current Taurus is a re-badged Ford 500 which didn't sell on its on. Now they have a built in market.
    No the new Taurus has been redesigned. 07 and 08 are the rebadged 500 with a different grill

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KnightmareWS6 View Post

it's not about being cheap it's about staying within the budget. all departments would love to have the latest in equipment, software, vehicles, systems, etc. but they have to manage their needs with their wants and make sure that they are filling the needs of the department and the community first while staying within the budget before they go after their wants. unlike the federal and state governments municipalities have to balance their budgets which means that they can't just order up 18 brand new squad cars with all the bells and whistles.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information