Red
    1999 Camaro SS

new clutch.....I LOVE IT

I ordered the LS7 clutch kit and new hydraulics from KYspeed a few weeks ago (Thanks mark!!!), put some 500 miles on it for a break-in taking it easy. The clutch feels great by the way, a tad bit more firm than stock and great smooth engagement. Well last night, after i turned over the 500 mile point I thought to myself TIME FOR SOME FUN!

So behold there was one of those Magnum SRT8's cruising in front of me, looked pretty good for a wagon, sounded good too with some kind of aftermarket exhaust. Anyway, I pulled up next to him and he asked if I wanted a run on the highway a mile or some up the road. I said sure.

We started at about a 40mph roll, I put the car into 2nd. He motioned to go, so we both gently rolled into WOT at the same time. Shifted 3rd and the tires spun for a second, still even with the SRT8.

Now here's the part that surprised me. I nailed 4th and the tires chirped. I was like HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED. Never thought in my wildest dreams I'd have a car that could bust out like that at 100mph. I'm sure the new clutch had something to do with it, but damn it was really cool being able to do something like that. I ended up losing to the SRT8 by about a car at 130mph.

We pulled into a gas station off the highway and chatted it up for a minute. He said he has just exhaust, an intake and a tune with a hand held tuner. He also said he ran a 12.3 @ 112mph at the strip (forgot which one he mentioned) and asked if I had run at the track yet. I told him I ran a shitty 13.7 @ 105mph (lid and a catback) on half bald tires and a tired clutch. He said he was surprised I kept up, I told him the same about his car lol, never thought a Magnum could go like that. It was a good run though, and I absolutely love the new clutch. For anyone looking for a new clutch with minor boltons, I would definitely recommend the LS7 kit, from KYspeed non-the-less.

White
    1999 Firehawk

Hey bud.

Great to hear. I'm on the verge of ordering this same form KYSpeed. I have already ordered the Slave, Pilot, and Throwout, from GM. I should be able to order the LS7 kit after the 15th. I can't wait! Great to hear it worked out.

Thread Information