silver
    2002 ws6

New camaro

is pretty good

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    is pretty good
    ...and pretty expensive. I wrote it off as soon as I realized that the SS I would build would cost me $53k and that I could build a nice CTS for $55k. No brainer there.

That's crazy. I think I'll keep my 2011.
    2011 Camaro SS 2SS/RS
    6-Speed Manual
    Victory Red w/White Rally Stripes
    Flowmaster Outlaw Catback

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I built one that I liked for 45k. The brake/performance upgrade package was 3100, the magnetic suspension was 2k, upgrade rims, ground effects and upgraded front bumper. But from the list of things I didn't really care about I can see you hitting 10k with more interior and paint options. But for 45k you can get all the stuff that really counts performance wise. If all you care about is a v8 then you can get one for under 40k, around 38ish.

I also don't really see the CTS as a good comparison. You are getting a v6 CTS for 55k... correct? Completely different car for different tasks. A better comparison would be of course the Mustang and the Challenger. I know a scat pack challenger R/T with similar options is around 44-45k.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-15-2016 at 09:31 AM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    I built one that I liked for 45k. The brake/performance upgrade package was 3100, the magnetic suspension was 2k, upgrade rims, ground effects and upgraded front bumper. But from the list of things I didn't really care about I can see you hitting 10k with more interior and paint options. But for 45k you can get all the stuff that really counts performance wise. If all you care about is a v8 then you can get one for under 40k, around 38ish.

I also don't really see the CTS as a good comparison. You are getting a v6 CTS for 55k... correct? Completely different car for different tasks. A better comparison would be of course the Mustang and the Challenger. I know a scat pack challenger R/T with similar options is around 44-45k.
    It depends on your frame of reference. Mine has changed alot since I owned my last pure performance car. Over the $50k mark, I would take a V6 CTS over any Camaro SS anyday, no hesitation. At $40-45k, the Camaro would win.

red
    95 Z28

JFC nobody is cross shopping a Camaro SS and a Caddy CTS. Stupid and completely irrelevant comparison.

A bare bones 1LE should come in a bit above 40K. Hell of a performance value considering all that the 1LE comes with. New ZL1 is going to be debuted tomorrow (3-16-16). Cant wait to see it. Check out the video on the Camaro page:

https://www.facebook.com/chevycamaro

Dat sound though...
    Last edited by 5.0THIS; 03-15-2016 at 08:45 PM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    JFC nobody is cross shopping a Camaro SS and a Caddy CTS. Stupid and completely irrelevant comparison.
    Stupid comment seeing as I JUST DID.

Arctic White, red/gray

Then you're an anomaly as most car buyers looking at loaded CTS V6 cars are not cross shopping mustangs, challengers and Camaros.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post

I have to say that is one sexy looking car. GM has seriously step up in design with the 6th Gen Camaro and the C7 Vette. IIRC the same team that did the CTS-V for Cadillac took over their design.

Arctic White, red/gray

10 speed auto??? That's a lot of shifting. I can see a loaded ZL1 topping 65k maybe topping 70k.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post

A bare bones 1LE should come in a bit above 40K. Hell of a performance value considering all that the 1LE comes with. New ZL1 is going to be debuted tomorrow (3-16-16). Cant wait to see it. Check out the video on the Camaro page:

https://www.facebook.com/chevycamaro

Dat sound though...
    Why would they not...? 2dr CTSV and a 2dr ZL1 Camaro are the same in a lot of ways...just depends on if you want the luxury piece or not.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Don't they share the same frame now?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Don't they share the same frame now?
    Yep...originally it was the G8 frame IIRC "which is why the camaro was pretty fat for a while" and now its the Cadillac frame.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

I would be cross shopping it vs cars that I can see out of, especially that back glass.

Seriously, the M235i coupe that I saw at the MT show can teach a thing or two the Team Camaro on designing a drivable car. I think Chevy could have made the car with similar looks to what it is but with better used interior space and visibility.

And yes, the SS will beat it on the street/track.
    Last edited by Whamhammer; 03-16-2016 at 07:26 AM.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

Then you're an anomaly as most car buyers looking at loaded CTS V6 cars are not cross shopping mustangs, challengers and Camaros.
    I disagree. When the price of a loaded Camaro is comparable to a mid-range CTS, there's going to be plenty of cross shopping.

I'm not saying that these people are starting out saying "Ok I want to check out the new Camaro, and the Cadillac CTS today.". I'm saying that, just like me, they would go test drive a fully loaded SS only to find that it's $53k and quickly realize "wow, I can get a pretty well optioned CTS for that money". All of a sudden, a car they weren't considering moves to the top of their list.

Arctic White, red/gray

No, that doesn't happen often and there won't be plenty of people cross shopping the two. Very few people go to test drive a 2 door, v8 performance Camaro SS with real intention of buying a car like that and go oh its over 50k, lets go test drive a v6 Caddi. One does not replace the other for eithers intended purpose. They will go test drive the 5.0 mustang and challenger R/T. Maybe a Chevy SS/Charger if they can find one and they decided they need a performance grocery getter.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 03-16-2016 at 07:32 AM.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Whamhammer View Post
    I would be cross shopping it vs cars that I can see out of, especially that back glass.

Seriously, the M235i coupe that I saw at the MT show can teach a thing or two the Team Camaro on designing a drivable car. I think Chevy could have made the car with similar looks to what it is but with better used interior space and visibility.

And yes, the SS will beat it on the street/track.
    I would compare the M4 to the SS/ZL1 at this point. They are pretty cool little cars.

Arctic White, red/gray

They are but the M4 partially loaded is a 75k car. Be a decent comparison with the ZL1 price range wise but the ZL1 has 140more hp. The new 365hp AWD ford focus RS for under 40k is pretty BA.

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

No, that doesn't happen often and there won't be plenty of people cross shopping the two. Very few people go to test drive a 2 door, v8 performance Camaro SS with real intention of buying a car like that and go oh its over 50k, lets go test drive a v6 Caddi. One does not replace the other for eithers intended purpose. They will go test drive the 5.0 mustang and challenger R/T. Maybe a Chevy SS/Charger if they can find one and they decided they need a performance grocery getter.
    I disagree. I think you are mistaken about how people prioritize the attributes they are looking for in a car.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information