Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

black
    1999 ws6 trans-am

Angry never buy anything from circut city

so I got back from deployment in may and soon moved down to florida on orders. Well I moved into a new house and thought I would treat myself to a few things. I bought a new computer(1200)dollars and a new tv(2000) dollars from circut city on 5/22/08 well now in september they have both stoped working. the computer about a week ago aand the tv just today. Both are lg products. I have family visiting and they are all huge football fans and now I cant even entertain them because I have no tv. I call circut city and they tell me that they have nothing to do with it and I can not return them, that I must put in a repair order from lg. then they refer me to some local tv shop who says it will be a few days before they can get to me. I have worked in retail before and I know if a customer had a problem with something we would take it back and give him a new one. every body today is about making a buck and not giving a shit about the customer. now circut city will not even let me speak to a manager. if the tv is under waranty why will they not just exchange it. and it is the same thing with my computer. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CIRCUT CITY...

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

Did you buy extended warrenty? What specifically quit working? Sometimes when your stressed you can overlook something that will solve your problem.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

If you had bought the Circuit City Warranty, they would take care of it.

Since you only have the LG warranty...Lg will have to honor it.

I have never had a problem with CC returns or they're warranties.

My home system is made up of Panasonic. No problems so far...

I hope you can get it taken care of in time

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

what exactly are the TV and PC doing ?

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

in order for cc to take care of it you would have had to buy the cc worinty i have most of my stuff from best buy and thats what thay told me when i got my stuff.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Buy from costco they have a 90 day no asked return policy and extend the manufacturer warranty to 2 years.

white
    99 Trans am

unless you purchased an extended service contract with CC why would they have any obligation to take it back beyond 30-90 days (standard return policy in most stores). beyond that it would fall to the manufacturers warranty.
    I got the service plan with my plasma from best buy and they sent someone to the house to fix it when i had some red pixels show up. no questions and no charge.

Black
    99 Z28

Never buy LG products. I've never had anything but problems with the few items I've owned with the exception of a small room air conditioner that I only used for one summer.

Red
    98 Formula /93 Z28

Any retailer would have told you the same thing. Electronics are not an item you can just return and exchange after a few months. You have to deal with the manufacturer if you didn't buy CC's warranty. I also find it a little hard to believe that after 3 or 4 months your TV and computer just mysteriously stopped working.
    Last edited by yellowv; 09-07-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Sounds like lightning or dirty electricity

Blue/White
    00 TA/05 Legacy GT

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    Buy from costco they have a 90 day no asked return policy and extend the manufacturer warranty to 2 years.
    Target offers a 90-day same as exchange on their TVs as well.

Circuit City for the lose.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

ive had probs with CC too.....they suck ass............i think ANY item should be able to be exchanged due to man. defects within 30 day at the retailer and THEY should have to deal with the manufacter......its rediculous.....they sell it to u they should take some claim in backing up that sale .....should be the law........the mark up on that shit is outragous as it is.......anyone that works for best buy wil tell u that as there employees pay 5% over cost

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by adam0321 View Post
    so I got back from deployment in may and soon moved down to florida on orders. Well I moved into a new house and thought I would treat myself to a few things. I bought a new computer(1200)dollars and a new tv(2000) dollars from circut city on 5/22/08 well now in september they have both stoped working. the computer about a week ago aand the tv just today. Both are lg products. I have family visiting and they are all huge football fans and now I cant even entertain them because I have no tv. I call circut city and they tell me that they have nothing to do with it and I can not return them, that I must put in a repair order from lg. then they refer me to some local tv shop who says it will be a few days before they can get to me. I have worked in retail before and I know if a customer had a problem with something we would take it back and give him a new one. every body today is about making a buck and not giving a shit about the customer. now circut city will not even let me speak to a manager. if the tv is under waranty why will they not just exchange it. and it is the same thing with my computer. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CIRCUT CITY...
    You can't just exchange it...that's been my experiance anyway with Best Buy. They have to send a tech over to your house to see if it's worth fixing or not. One year into my warranty my TV took a dump...tech said it wasn't worth fixing so he gave me a receipt saying I can exchange it. Best buy only wanted to give me current market value. I raised all hell in the middle of the store...walked out of there with a new TV 4" bigger (same sony tv just bigger) and a rolled over warranty which they didn't wanna do.

So yea....go to Best Buy next time.

Black
    '99 SS

Its called Circuit Shitty for a reason.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

It's been over 3 months and you want to bring back broken products????
    It's LG's problem not CC's
    Calm down and start blaming LG for making shitty products. CC did nothing wrong.
    If you owned a company and you took back any thing that broke when ever it broke would you make any money hell no.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by Kup98ss View Post
    It's been over 3 months and you want to bring back broken products????
    It's LG's problem not CC's
    Calm down and start blaming LG for making shitty products. CC did nothing wrong.
    If you owned a company and you took back any thing that broke when ever it broke would you make any money hell no.
    think everyone just enjoys ranting since weve all had bad experiences with CC....didnt relize it had been 3 mths.....in that case id have to agree with u......i still think CC sucks the cock though

Nothing special
    Nothing special

I didn't even know LG made computers. They don't show up on CC's website.

Nevertheless, I find it awfully hard to believe that they both quit working at the same time. I'm going to go on a short limb and say user error.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Circuit City will be out of business in the near future

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

I suprised they havent already, its like best buy but slightly more expensive, worse selection, and worse service. The one in Daytona(2 blocks away from a best buy) is like a freakin ghost town if you go inside... the 4 employees on the clock are usally hanging out somewhere in the back busy not working.

But yea, in this case, I don't see it as being their fault... the TV is definately LGs problem, and the computer... well... I also have never heard of an LG comp before, so I dont even know what to say about that.

theres one by here that almost went out of business i have no idea how it came back. did you buy it with a credit card? most credit cards have warranties on stuff like that ( i use amex and they have that). but i'm sure you'll be able to get a new one through lg, might take a while though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information