Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 WS6

neighbor shit talker..

So I posted up about this a while back. To recap, my neighbor's son in law has an 01 911 carrera. We used to joke about me racin him in my bird, but then it turned more serious. My neighbor, who's in his late 50s, started callin my car a piece of shit, that his son in law paid some 90k for that car, that it would even whoop my 02c5. ive got 341 to the wheels in both cars, and alot of supporting suspension mods in the t/a ( lca's, rcb, phb, torque arm, lowering springs, bilstein shocks). So like I said, I posted a while back and asked who would win, and you guys said itd either be close, or I'd win. I did some research on his porsche, and its about 2900lbs with 300 hp, or close to it. rear mounted engine and rwd. Its an auto with one of those fancy tiptronic or whatever transmissions.

well last night this guy wouldnt give up, kept sayin for me to put down $200 to race him which i wont do, just because i wont race for money. I tried to just keep saying let me know when you're ready and I'll be there. I find it funny because his son in law is just kinda like whatever lol . My neighbor is one of these guys who once he believes something, you cant change his mind, no matter what. you could prove him wrong right to his face and he wouldnt give up. I'm trying to improve my launching so I have a better chance from a dig. his carrera is a coupe. stock down to the tires. I've got street tires. How much of a chance do I have? I needed to rant because he really pissed me off last night. It's one thing to bs, but when you blatently call someone's car a piece of shit, when you have no idea what's done to their car, you're an asshole. mr high and mighty because it's a porsche, and kept calling them the best cars in the world. grr

white
    99 Trans am

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVtHydsKaz0[/ame]

Review of an 02, but if anything would be more refined than the 01.

320hp
    looks like 0-60 is 5.0
    1/4 mile 13.5 @107

would be a drivers race.

edit:
    failed on attempt to link to youtube MW review... go to youtube and search MW porsche 911 carrera for the video
    Last edited by gonzo99ta; 07-04-2010 at 06:27 AM.

Black
    2001 WS6

lol i'd hope i'd do better than a 13.5

white
    99 Trans am

motorweek are the same testers that reviewed our cars at like 13.8-14.0 back in the day...

white
    99 Trans am

oops... didn't see you were mod'd. shouldn't be problem.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

just race him and if he does win it wont be by much

then just make some sort of comment about how $80000 or whatever it cost didnt get him much and with that kinda of money what your car would do to his

if you do win then pretty much make the same comment and call his porsche a piece of shit

i love guys like this,think they own the world because they have an expensive luxury sport car that still turns 13's in the 1/4 clearly they dont have a clue or theywouldnt be calling the best bang for your buck sports car a p.o.s.

there is a group of road racers that occasionally show up to the local drag strip in there vettes,vipers,porsche's,ferarri's and lambo's thinking they are the shit and everyone of them runs high 8's low 9's in the 8th mile
    some of these cars cost over $400,000 and cant launch for shit but i dont want no part of the topend on some of them
    borrow some drag radials or a nitrous kit and make him look really stupid

honestly if you can drive and launch with the mods you have I dont think it will be an issue
    Last edited by dpinson; 07-04-2010 at 07:38 AM.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Race him in the Vette first and then try the TA. I would say both cars would beat him but the Vette is going to be more closest match-up with it because of the weight. Just make sure you have some decent traction and launch well because those cars can really launch decent with stock tires due their engine being rear mounted. You want to make this guy feel dumb from the start so you wnna leave him bigtime and continue to pull on him. Also try and get the Father in law to ride shotgun in the Porsche so he can witness everything firsthand! Good luck!

Black
    2001 WS6

yea the vette has the advantage of the weight, and they are easier to launch. the mods i mentioned are just suspension, ive got all the free ramair mods, lt's, exh n no cats, lid, filter, pnp tb

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    yea the vette has the advantage of the weight, and they are easier to launch. the mods i mentioned are just suspension, ive got all the free ramair mods, lt's, exh n no cats, lid, filter, pnp tb
    just tell him if he cant take the vette then you arent gonna waste your time running him in the T/A lol!

honestly i forgot you said something about the vette,no brainer here man that vette will take him

fn awesome its not even his car and hes talking shit. thats just like the "oh well my friend has a car and he can whoop your ass" i hate when people talk shit about your car and they have nothing to back their comments. they have to bring out "their friends" cars.

race him in the vette and show him who's boss

Black
    2001 WS6

well the vette is kind of in hibernation, because insurance is so much cheaper for the t/a, so the vette sits in the garage and comes out once a month to play. does the t/a have a chance

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I say find out if the guy can even drive! Tell him you'll race him at the track or not at all. That way there is no room for excuses when you beat his ass and your neighbor will have to shut up. I'm betting he's never done anything more than a stop light to stop light race in that car or a freeway type exhibition of speed

Black
    2001 WS6

well the only thing with that is that he's an automatic. so all he's gotta do is just put his foot on the gas

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    well the only thing with that is that he's an automatic. so all he's gotta do is just put his foot on the gas
    Somewhat true. You need the proper mindset and driving ability. The track is a bit intimidating His nerves will be on high rev and he's bound to make a mistake. Doesn't matter if his car is fast as hell if he buckles under the pressure...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I agree Dena. I also think this guy is the "two outta three" type. Won't give up until he beats Ramair. Makes me think of last week's show I went to. Kid pulled up in a stock PBM 04 GTO with an 05/6 hood. Looked at me and my car like "EEW" and parked in another row with his father and friends. A buddy of mine visited with his son and he wanted to hear my car. I gave a few 3k revs and shut it down. We walked to the pizzeria at the lot of the event and the kid with the other 04 walked over to my car with his father and their friends and I watched them all look at my car while scratching their heads like

I ed.

Blue

90% of them rich boys cant drive,run him you will win.

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Tell him if he doesn't want to run his beetle against America's finest then he needs to shut senile mouth. Or take his Nazi loving ass to Germany and mouth love the exhaust pipe of that VW. Or any other Top Gear name calling. "Yeah but its no GT3." "There's not even an engine under the hood." "Wow didn't know Power Wheels made these into cars." "Sports car huh? Never hear a sports car whine." "What's that? No your wife sucks in bed. Though she did say I'm bigger." You could always post him up on /b.

Stockitie Stock Stock 95camaroZNC's Avatar

Red
    1999 Trans Am

Tell him to put up or shut up and you wont race for money. Simple as that, tell him if his son wont race you then he needs to stop running his damn mouth and stop bench racing someone elses car and riding his sons nuts.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 95camaroZNC View Post
    Tell him to put up or shut up
    I can never take that saying seriously since hearing Lois Griffin say it on Family Guy.

Black
    99 Z28

It's $200 bucks. That'd buy something cool. It's worth $200 to shut the guy up, or to find out that he was right and KNOW one way or the other.

Take him to the track, loser pays.

take his money, save a whale, take over the world, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information