Black
    2001 WS6

negligent drivers

well it was almost disaster for the bird again last night, if i hadnt of waited....

My gf and I went for a late night cruise out to the local lake. While en route, there's a main road that goes from out near the lake to the interstate. I naturally got stopped at the light. Well as the light turned green, there was a semi slowing down to turn right, and a car behind him. The volkswagon golf went through the red light that had been red for about 5 seconds. I was about to pull out on the road and i paused, i still dont know why. So my gf, who's normally very quiet, goes, that asshole.... after him. I looked over to her, and said, well you heard her, after them! The car exploded in a rage of fury after this little car. I caught up to him moments later, not really knowing what to do. My plan was to just tail him for a mile or two, then i thought if he brake checks me im focked. So i just followed him. I was gonna turn around at this one spot no matter what. So about 3/4 of a mile away from the turn around spot, i activated the high beams. The guy after a few seconds put on his hazards, after swerving near the side of the road. I kept my lights on as he kept driving, reinitiating his hazards. About a 1/4 mile from the turn around spot, illuminated by one street light, i turned my lights off but left the parking lights and fogs on. At the turn around spot i hit the brakes, and turned around in the light. I can only imagine his view in the mirror...this all black monster turning around in the light and disappearing into the darkness...

normally i wouldnt have done anything. It pissed me off because that guy would have totaled my car, a month after ive gotten it back from nearly being totaled. The fact that my gf also told me to go after him also weighed in. i mean the guy just blatently went through the light...anyway, i thought i'd share..

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

So basically you got a case of road rage over someone running a red light?

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

well that's what happens when you follow a big rig too close. you can't see the light and what color it might be.
    Corey L.
    Lexington, NC

Play 4x4 Country

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Here in NJ, I am seeing more and more red light jumping. Last summer I was almost t-boned my an old man in a Taurus who came to a stop almost in the middle of the intersection as I crossed. My light had been green for 3 seconds. The old man looked over at me and smiled. Had a woman with him I assume was his wife.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post
    well it was almost disaster for the bird again last night, if i hadnt of waited....

My gf and I went for a late night cruise out to the local lake. While en route, there's a main road that goes from out near the lake to the interstate. I naturally got stopped at the light. Well as the light turned green, there was a semi slowing down to turn right, and a car behind him. The volkswagon golf went through the red light that had been red for about 5 seconds. I was about to pull out on the road and i paused, i still dont know why. So my gf, who's normally very quiet, goes, that asshole.... after him. I looked over to her, and said, well you heard her, after them! The car exploded in a rage of fury after this little car. I caught up to him moments later, not really knowing what to do. My plan was to just tail him for a mile or two, then i thought if he brake checks me im focked. So i just followed him. I was gonna turn around at this one spot no matter what. So about 3/4 of a mile away from the turn around spot, i activated the high beams. The guy after a few seconds put on his hazards, after swerving near the side of the road. I kept my lights on as he kept driving, reinitiating his hazards. About a 1/4 mile from the turn around spot, illuminated by one street light, i turned my lights off but left the parking lights and fogs on. At the turn around spot i hit the brakes, and turned around in the light. I can only imagine his view in the mirror...this all black monster turning around in the light and disappearing into the darkness...

normally i wouldnt have done anything. It pissed me off because that guy would have totaled my car, a month after ive gotten it back from nearly being totaled. The fact that my gf also told me to go after him also weighed in. i mean the guy just blatently went through the light...anyway, i thought i'd share..
    I used to get road rage like that.

Now, I just think or yell 'asshole' and go about my business. It's just not worth my time or energy these days

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

if im in my beater, i just do as the OP did, but go right for the pit maneuver

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    So basically you got a case of road rage over someone running a red light?
    nothing wrong with that... i'm a pro at it...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    nothing wrong with that... i'm a pro at it...
    *remembers when Spaz told story at Spazapalooza about woman talking on her phone...and the epicness.*

Black
    2001 WS6

lol thats the thing, i never get road rage like that. it was just seeing as something stupid like that caused my last accident (someone not paying attention). The truck had been in the right lane so the guy clearly could see the lights. there's 4 accross the highway

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    *remembers when Spaz told story at Spazapalooza about woman talking on her phone...and the epicness.*

oh please share....I deal with these morons everyday...

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I think he was driving and some chick was on her cell and almost sideswiped him. He pulled right next to her and started yelling at her through the window. I think Spaz said he made her cry after he was done.

Black
    2001 WS6

lol god i would have loved to see that. I'm glad they're banning cell phone use ( holding the phone) in alot of states. Alot of people cant handle doing more than one task at a time.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Ramairgod84 View Post

Mistakes:
    1. Letting actions of morons effect you
    2. Letting advice of emotional female sway your actions
    3. Wasting gas
    4. Engaging in dangerous driving that may have ended in an accident, not dissimilar to the one you avoided moments prior; testing fate, are we?
    5. Provoking a person you know nothing about. Hopefully an irresponsible teenager, but possibly a fleeing criminal, disgruntled gun owner, murderous psychopath, etc.
    6. Writing hard to understand threads on Ls1.com. I got almost all the way through your paragraph the first time before I realized you hadn't witnessed a collision.

Thread Information