06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Need some trip advice.

Ok, so the G/F and I are going to Sebastian and Daytona beach again(Early June. Takes 12 hours to get to Sebastian from my house) to vacation with some of her family.Were going to her Grandmas Timeshare in Sebastian until Saturday, then going to their home in Daytona Beach. Im trying to figure out whats the best way to drive up there this year. Last year I had the TBSS(Both able to drive), so we left around 10PM on a Thursday. We got there around 10AM-11AM Friday. This year, im able to take off 2 more days than last year, but Im going to have to drive this by myself. Ive driven to Orlando over 10 times by myself, so the drive isnt going to be bad. My question is, should we just leave early Weds morning, and drive it out. Should we leave around 10-11PM and drive out until I get tired, then pull off in a Truckstop(Security one, even though Ill be carrying)? Or should we leave right when I get off work Tuesday(Maybe leave around 6PM), drive to Tallahasse, check in to a hotel until around 6AM, then head out for the rest of the trip?

Im really wanting to go with the last option because it will put us getting to Sebastian around 11AM-12PM Weds, but I dont want to spend $75-$100 just for a few hours of sleep. I can get there around the same time(A little later for sure though) if I were to stop at a truckstop, but I know ill be tired and not want to do anything when we get to Sebastian. Option 1, will get us to Sebastian later, but that all depends on when we get up, and how much sleep I can get. With option 1, I can TRY to go to sleep when I get home from work, but thats prolly going to be hard, as im sure ill be excited about the trip. But IF I can get to sleep before 9PM, I think I can wake up around 3AM and be good to go the whole trip AND still not be tired as hell when we get there.

Side note: YES I have tought the G/F how to drive my car, but neither one of us is comfortable with her driving it, me sleeping, then something all of a sudden happens and she panics and doesnt know what to do. Shes not that comfortable to begin with behind the wheel of a standard car.

So, what do yall think I should do?

Option 1: Leave between 3AM-6AM(Depending on how much sleep I can get. Arrive between 3PM-6PM
    Option 2: Leave around 10PM, drive until around 3AM, pull over and sleep for 3-4 hours, then head out again. Arrive between 1PM-2PM, but tired as hell when I get there.
    Option 3: Leave around 6PM-7PM, drive until Tallahassee(7 hours), rent room($75-$100), sleep for 6 hours or so, then ride out for the rest of the trip. Arrive around noonish. Not really wanting to spend the $$$ on a hotel though.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Leave now, beat the rush.

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I raise your a

06 PBM GTO(458WHP)SOLD!!
    06 TR GTO~476WHP 425TRQ