Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Need some help... Corvette or 350 Z

My buddy here at work is fixing to blow some major money on a new sports car, he's single and has no bills so I've been trying to talk him into a new 07 Corvette M6. List some reasons why a new vette is better than a 350 Z, he was looking at the Nissan but for $44,000.00 a vette would be a hell of alot better. Note the girl factor too.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    My buddy here at work is fixing to blow some major money on a new sports car, he's single and has no bills so I've been trying to talk him into a new 07 Corvette M6. List some reasons why a new vette is better than a 350 Z, he was looking at the Nissan but for $44,000.00 a vette would be a hell of alot better. Note the girl factor too.
    WHAT?!

Vette is better than a 350 disZease in every aspect...

better gas milage...
    better comfort...
    better ride...
    handles better...
    hell of a lot faster...
    looks far better...
    american made...
    demands respect...
    responds to mod's better...

fuck the girl attention... he don't want them kind any ways unless they have one as well...

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

What possible item (of any kind) would the 350Z have over the Corvette? Ask your friend to name an item...the Corvette will be better...except if you're going for cramped and small.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    WHAT?!

Vette is better than a 350 disZease in every aspect...

better gas milage...
    better comfort...
    better ride...
    handles better...
    hell of a lot faster...
    looks far better...
    american made...
    demands respect...
    responds to mod's better...

fuck the girl attention... he don't want them kind any ways unless they have one as well...
    That's what I said too. I'm going to show him this thread before we hit the dealership after work. He's an import type so I'm trying to talk him into a vette, I think he's coming around.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

if i had $44k cocked and loaded, i wouldn't think twice about pointing it at a vette

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

I've driven both. There is zero comparison. Have him take a test drive...he'll never look back.

Hell, if you hold out, you can get a used Z06 for around $25k.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Girls like 350Zs over a 07 vette?

Yet another reason to add to my rant in the "who is smarter" thread...

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Girls like 350Zs over a 07 vette?

Yet another reason to add to my rant in the "who is smarter" thread...
    I busted out laughing when he said that. He's been blinded by the Nissan emblem too long.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I busted out laughing when he said that. He's been blinded by the Nissan emblem too long.
    No kidding... any girl who likes a 350 over the vette isn't worth getting the attention of anyway...

I mean, I'm not gonna lie. I think the 350zs are pretty cool car. Mainly because I drive a thirdgen. but choosing one over a vette? thats crazy talk
    Last edited by 86 IROC-Z; 05-08-2007 at 10:59 AM.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

That's what I said too. I'm going to show him this thread before we hit the dealership after work. He's an import type so I'm trying to talk him into a vette, I think he's coming around.
    Driving the 350z first and then the vette will take care of this. Believe me. When he feels the difference in power and the fact that the vette handles better and has much better ergonomics it'll be a no brainer. The 350z is a great car but it doesnt do anything the new vette doesnt do better in spades. The 350 is also a lot harder to mod. You're limited to forced induction and thats about it! People think they handle so great as well, and they do handle but they also understeer like a mofo, they wear out tires real fast, the traction control system is way to invasive ie it wont let you have any fun at all, the list goes on and on. The vette is world class and the 350 is more of a poser sports car in my opinion. Hes jus a import lover if he ends up buying a 350 for the same money as a new vette. Like I said have him drive the 350 first and make him then go to the chevy dealer. Then drive the vette. I'lll betcha a million dollars he'll start talking a deal with the sales guy after he drives the vette.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Driving the 350z first and then the vette will take care of this. Believe me. When he feels the difference in power and the fact that the vette handles better and has much better ergonomics it'll be a no brainer. The 350z is a great car but it doesnt do anything the new vette doesnt do better in spades. The 350 is also a lot harder to mod. You're limited to forced induction and thats about it! People think they handle so great as well, and they do handle but they also understeer like a mofo, they wear out tires real fast, the traction control system is way to invasive ie it wont let you have any fun at all, the list goes on and on. The vette is world class and the 350 is more of a poser sports car in my opinion. Hes jus a import lover if he ends up buying a 350 for the same money as a new vette. Like I said have him drive the 350 first and make him then go to the chevy dealer. Then drive the vette. I'lll betcha a million dollars he'll start talking a deal with the sales guy after he drives the vette.
    They cost the same as the new vette? Damn, I thought they were only like 30k... in that case hes even more of an idiot if he doesn't get the vette

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

They cost the same as the new vette? Damn, I thought they were only like 30k... in that case hes even more of an idiot if he doesn't get the vette
    They start cheap by the time you leave the dealer they are damn well near 40k when you get them with everything you want. My friend got one for around 39k and thats with a deal. The base models are still in the 30s. They arent as cheap as everyone thinks. Even if you buy a vette thats like 8k more, you're getting a better deal in the long run. When u finance it really is worth it to move up a lil. The stuff thats better about the vette negates the price difference.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

They start cheap by the time you leave the dealer they are damn well near 40k when you get them with everything you want. My friend got one for around 39k and thats with a deal. The base models are still in the 30s. They arent as cheap as everyone thinks. Even if you buy a vette thats like 8k more, you're getting a better deal in the long run. When u finance it really is worth it to move up a lil. The stuff thats better about the vette negates the price difference.
    Hah, no kidding, besides being a lot cooler, hud, etc, it makes about 100 more horses right? C6 vettes have 400hp, Zs have 300hp?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Hah, no kidding, besides being a lot cooler, hud, etc, it makes about 100 more horses right? C6 vettes have 400hp, Zs have 300hp?
    Yup. the vette also has 400 lbs of torque whereas the 350 has 260. Now factor in that the vette weighs less, has a close ratio 6 sped AND the same redline. Which do you figure is the more fun to drive car? haha

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I've driven plenty of 350s because I used to work at a nissan dealer. They are pretty slow trust me.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I am sure it gets better gas mileage as well.

You have a decent argument list now.

Red
    2000 WS6 M6

The vette weighs less? It's twice the size! That's awesome!!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

an 07 vette would probably have a better resale value than any year 350z I would assume as well...

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds1977 View Post
    The vette weighs less? It's twice the size! That's awesome!!
    It does. the 350z curb weight is around 3400 lbs. The vette is 3200 and sometimes lighter. In the z06s case its 3100 lbs.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

It does. the 350z curb weight is around 3400 lbs. The vette is 3200 and sometimes lighter. In the z06s case its 3100 lbs.
    sexy aluminum frame in the Z06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information