Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Need some help!!

Can somebody who knows about headers PM me ASAP! I want to order some stuff but want to make sure before I do

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

headers,bolts,gaskets. use stage 8 bolts, GM stock gaskets.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

This is from an email I am waiting on a reply from someone else:

I am planning on the Pacesetter ceramic coated w/o EGR, Y-pine also from Pacesetter. I have some questions for you if you don’t mind:

1) How do you like the Pacesetters?

2) O2 sensors, can you reuse your old ones or you must get new ones?

3) EGR – I am taking it and the air pump off,
    a) EGR Block off plate – How many will I need?
    b) Air block off plate – How many?
    c) Where can I get them?

4) Exhaust band clamps – again where and how much should I expect? Texas Speed said that the U-clamps were better because you need to “crush the pipes together” – I seen on other threads that everone favors clamps. Which one and why?
    5) Anything else besides a GM Header gasket?

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

Yes you can re use the old front O2s as far as the airpump you will need a tune to remove the SES light but will run fine at the same time with out tune, and for rear O2s when you get the tune have them remove the code for them also or youll need rear O2 deletes. If you have pacesetters with air system plates then you will need 2. as far as the exhaust clamp go to WS6store.com or you local auto store. exspect 10-15$ a piece. GM gaskets have the best matched ports, use them over any other gaskets, they are metal gaskets. O ya pacesetters are good for budget headers, get coated they last longer before they rust.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    This is from an email I am waiting on a reply from someone else:

I am planning on the Pacesetter ceramic coated w/o EGR, Y-pine also from Pacesetter. I have some questions for you if you don’t mind:

1) How do you like the Pacesetters?

2) O2 sensors, can you reuse your old ones or you must get new ones?

3) EGR – I am taking it and the air pump off,
    a) EGR Block off plate – How many will I need?
    b) Air block off plate – How many?
    c) Where can I get them?

4) Exhaust band clamps – again where and how much should I expect? Texas Speed said that the U-clamps were better because you need to “crush the pipes together” – I seen on other threads that everone favors clamps. Which one and why?
    5) Anything else besides a GM Header gasket?
    1. Like mine a lot.
    2. yes but you'll need 12" extensions for them or buy bosch 13111 sensors and then you don't need the extensions. How many miles are on your O2's?
    3a. 1 egr plate for the exhaust manifold and a 1 3/8" expandable freeze out plug for the intake. ( can find those at any parts store and they're cheap).
    3b. 2 air block off plates
    3c. Thunder racing carries the block offs for both. I *think* around $10 for each of them. Check and make sure their air plates aren't 2 to a package.
    4. If you want to get band clamps locally NAPA sells them. If you ever plan on taking the exhaust off again get band clamps. If you crush the pipe with U-bolt clamps you're looking at cutting that stuff to get it back off where as with band clamps you won't have that problem.
    5. no need for gaskets really. You can reuse the stockers since they're MLS ( multi-layer-steel)
    6. don't get stage 8 bolts....pain in the ass to get the locks on and off.

Thread Information