Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    98 WS6

Need advice about the place I rent.

Here's a progress so far, tell me what you think

It started by me trying to remove my own snow (owner is almost 70yo and he was doing it)

MGR: I spoke with the owners and they are good with you doing your own snow removal. I also received your rent.

ME: thank you

some months go by, Winter approaches

ME:I was wondering if it's possible for the owner to supply the snow shovel for me? I could also go out and buy it myself and then deduct the amount out of my rent too, I would provide the receipt, of course. I prefer buying it myself as I have a pretty good idea as to the quality of these things.
    Please let me know,

NEW MGR:We were forwarded your email to us regarding the shovel. We are handling the rental department. I know the owner had said he would take care of the snow removal but you decided to take care of it yourself which is fine but I don't think the owner is responsible for purchasing the shovel.

Have a nice day and please let me know if you have any further questions!

ME: Hi,

first of all, in the future it would be nice if I could be notified of changes like who's handling the property that I live in.
    Secondly, the owner is not responsible to purchase anything for me, but since he does not get bothered with snow removal I thought it would be no problem to him and a nice gesture to me if he provided a snow shovel.
    Thirdly, I see a property manager as a channel between me and the owner, not somebody who makes decisions without even asking the owner.

So in summary, I would greatly appreciate if you could forward my question to the owner.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Jeezus crist.......how much does a fucking snow shovel cost??

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

$9 at Sears.

black
    98 WS6

that's not the point
    you don't see a problem here?

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Jeezus crist.......how much does a fucking snow shovel cost??
    and to answer your question - a shovel is a whole lot less than removing the snow whole Winter

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

the property manager said no to the shovel question. he is there to manage what goes on at the property so that the owner doesn't have to deal with every little thing that comes along.

at my property i put it in the contract that the tenant was to clear their own snow in a timely manner. they never asked me to provide them with snow removal equipment and frankly i never would have since it was in the contract that they had to do it.

just go buy the shovel and be done with it.

black
    98 WS6

so you don't see a problem in the fact that I'm not even notified about changes in managers? I signed a lease with somebody else, not with the guy who writes to me now.

BTW this is the THIRD property manager in less than a year and all I do is pay rent, this is the FIRST issue I have here

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    that's not the point
    You (maybe out of kindness) decided to do your own snow removal even though it was being taken care of, yet you want someone to pay for the shovel that you will use.
    Yes.....I see a problem here. You want to take on the job, yet want the tools of your choice to be provided free.

Why you would feel they owe you notification? You pay rent to the owner of the property, not the manager.

Bottom line, do what you feel you need to do about the snow, but don't expect compensation for tools when a service was already being provided.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I would tell them to kiss my A**. I would tell them to buy the shovel and then they can clear the snow them selfs.
    Last edited by supercopone; 11-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wait let me get this strait.. You're having an issue over who's going to provide a fucking piece of plastic stuck to a god damn' stick? let us know how that turns out for ya..
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

that's not the point
    get a hold of the owner and tell him about these bastages...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Wait let me get this strait.. You're having an issue over who's going to provide a fucking piece of plastic stuck to a god damn' stick? let us know how that turns out for ya..
    no... the problem is the company that the owner is going through... they are not relaying messages to the owner for him to make desicions... the company is doing it for him and with out his approval...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

wish all I had to worry about was a snow shovel.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    no... the problem is the company that the owner is going through... they are not relaying messages to the owner for him to make desicions... the company is doing it for him and with out his approval...
    erm.. that is what the property manager is FOR.. they deal with things that come up just like this.... the owner just wants his money every month and thus is why he hired a manager.. all the owner cares about is the cash every month from all his property.

the way i see it is either you let them take care of the snow or you do it with your own equipment. don't expect to have them buy you equipment, that is just silly.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    erm.. that is what the property manager is FOR.. they deal with things that come up just like this.... the owner just wants his money every month and thus is why he hired a manager.. all the owner cares about is the cash every month from all his property.

the way i see it is either you let them take care of the snow or you do it with your own equipment. don't expect to have them buy you equipment, that is just silly.
    see if my tenant called my property manage for something like a broken pipe in the house and they sent out some expensive as fuck company to fix it i would be pissed that they didn't run it past me first and let me choose who i would like sent out... no i know they are completely different things but still i'd like to know... and if i'm elderly i sure as shit wouldn't mind my tenant doing the shoveling and would be more than happy to spend $10-$20.00 for a shovel rather than chance falling or throwing out my back...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

so you don't see a problem in the fact that I'm not even notified about changes in managers? I signed a lease with somebody else, not with the guy who writes to me now.

BTW this is the THIRD property manager in less than a year and all I do is pay rent, this is the FIRST issue I have here
    that sounds like something that you would need to take up with the property owner who hires the property manager (or with the managers superior if they are part of a company). my brain didn't register or process that info last nite.

also if this is the first issue that you've had then i'd let those in charge know so that something can be done about just go about your business...kinda take it with a grain of salt. some things are bound to happen...what this is about or behind it...who knows.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Here's a progress so far, tell me what you think

It started by me trying to remove my own snow (owner is almost 70yo and he was doing it)
    I guess my question would be, if the owner has a property mgr, why is he the one at 70 years old out there doing it? Why doesn't the prop mgr hire a service to do it?

I get that you were trying to basically do a nice thing. I say let him do himself if that is what he seems to want. Maybe while he's doing it, you could talk to 'him' and bypass the prop mgr all together

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    see if my tenant called my property manage for something like a broken pipe in the house and they sent out some expensive as fuck company to fix it i would be pissed that they didn't run it past me first and let me choose who i would like sent out... no i know they are completely different things but still i'd like to know... and if i'm elderly i sure as shit wouldn't mind my tenant doing the shoveling and would be more than happy to spend $10-$20.00 for a shovel rather than chance falling or throwing out my back...
    Let me start out by saying I AM A PROPERTY MANAGER. I've been doing it for 2 years. I manage about 150 units.

My contract with the owner puts a repair limit. The limit is agreed upon between the owner and myself. But lets say we put $200 as the limit. Anything under $200 I get it fixed and pay the bill out of the rent. Anything over $200 I get bids on and let the owner choose what he wants done. Weither I contact the owner and let him know about every little repair is up to the owner. I have one owner I talk to about twice a week keeping him up to date. I have another that I've talked to less the 5 times in the past 2 years. He doesn't want to be bothered and trusts me to do the right thing.

If I understand it right, the owner was supposed to take care of the snow, but you volunteered to do it. If I was the owner I would not mind buying you a shovel to keep me from having to do it, but it wouldn't be required. Remember the owner hired the property manager to make him the most money he can.

As far as contacting you about management change, it would have been a nice gesture if they did. But if you still call the same number of use the same email it would not have been nessary.

black
    98 WS6

thanks for the responses
    I'm having doubts about my last email
    no response so far
    hopefully the manager asks the owner my question

in my eyes, since it's such a trivial thing ($20 at the most) the property manager would purchase the fackin shovel for me. In all honesty, all I can see property manager doing is passing my checks to the owner and getting paid. getting paid for what? there is no issues they need to resolve, I can mail the fackin check to the owner myself.

I don't know anymore. I think the problem is that to them is just ONE of many tasks they handle, while to me it's my HOME.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're nicer than me i'd have that geezer out there shoveling till he goes tits up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information