Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NASCAR Stories

white
    1999 Trans AM 30th anniv.

NASCAR Stories

got to talk to Chocolate Myers yesterday on trading paint--he told me the wyoming moose story about his wife and daughter---i was in the Corning,NY national Guards with Geoff Bodine. we were both in the maintenence dept --got to meet Ernie Irvin and Ken Schrader at Dundee raceway when they came to race at Watkins Glen===lets here somemore
    Last edited by Wyoming T/A; 06-26-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

at infineon last friday i got a chance to talk to Kyle Petty for a minute.......i asked him if he missed being in the car he said "hell yea! i'd do that anyday over this" (he was doing commentary) that other one was funny....... my boyz and i were at the race and when Ricky Rudd won and was in winners circle i looked up and there was my son standing in the group with Ricky Rudd
    Last edited by astyles; 06-26-2009 at 06:19 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Can you tell me why NASCAR uses sedans instead of real sports car bodies?

Inferno Orange
    2010 SS Camaro (ordered)

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    probably has to do with the amount of sales--sedans sell maaaaany times more cars than sports car

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A View Post
    got to talk to Chocolate Myers yesterday on trading paint--he told me the wyoming moose story about his wife and daughter---i was in the Corning,NY national Guards with Geoff Bodine. we were both in the maintenence dept --got to meet Ernie Ervin and Ken Schrader at Dundee raceway when they came to race at Watkins Glen===lets here somemore
    how many wrecks was Geoff involved in when in the guards?? I have Chocolate's autograph on a hershey hat. That's about as good a story as I have.

white

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    how many wrecks was Geoff involved in when in the guards?? I have Chocolate's autograph on a hershey hat. That's about as good a story as I have.
    dont remember him wrecking and Duece and a halfs
    now jimmy spencer might have wrecked a few --he hit everything but the ambulance when racing

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming T/A View Post
    dont remember him wrecking and Duece and a halfs
    now jimmy spencer might have wrecked a few --he hit everything but the ambulance when racing
    remember Geoff's truck wreck at Daytona? One of the most dramatic wrecks I've ever seen. Don't know how he walked away from that one. Irvan had a few nasty ones too.....Michigan was the one that almost killed him.

white

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    remember Geoff's truck wreck at Daytona? One of the most dramatic wrecks I've ever seen. Don't know how he walked away from that one. Irvan had a few nasty ones too.....Michigan was the one that almost killed him.
    that was a bad one for sure--watched him hit the tires in the 90 at watkins and knew he was dead---man the take a beating in those wrecks --they put in the shecane[spelling] right after that

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Because in 1949 Bill France Sr. thought they should run the same cars people were driving on the streets.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    Because in 1949 Bill France Sr. thought they should run the same cars people were driving on the streets.
    NASCAR has always used sedans. Remember that back in the 1940's there weren't any american made sports cars. Corvette wasn't made until the 50's but NASCAR and it's sedans were already established.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    NASCAR has always used sedans. Remember that back in the 1940's there weren't any american made sports cars. Corvette wasn't made until the 50's but NASCAR and it's sedans were already established.
    Right, there were none. They were using pre-war relics in the thinking that people would object to beating up & abusing new cars (new cars being a luxery at that time). Then Sr. decided to use sedans in 1949.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Ernie Irvan is a cool guy. Although his sister Susan is very opinionated. When Ernie was driving the Texaco/Havoline #28...we were at Bristol and me being an Earnhardt fan she yells to me "You're all ate up with them a**holes". Back then Earnhardt and Irvan weren't getting along so well.

I've been to Ernie's shops and his house in the late 90's. Jerry Baxter was the crew chief for Ernie's Busch series cars...Jerry is now the crew chief for Michael Waltrip Racings Nationwide #00 car. Same goes for Ron Hornaday...we hung out at his house on Lake Norman before. My buddy Ron is also a friend of Larry McReynolds and when Larry was with RCR we visited the shop. There I got to meet Richard Childress and Will Lind.

Many others I've met and what not but I was fortunate to be a crew member in the series as well. I've just been lucky that my friend and driver, Ron Esau, has had a fairly successful career in Nascar and knows all these guys as being one of their competitors.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Swervin' Irvan.... those were the days when
    nascar was good

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Swervin' Irvan.... those were the days when
    nascar was good

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Didn't meet anyone but I went to the 96 Pocono 500 and had a blast. Was so relaxing. I loved every minute of it. I think big E won that race.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Actually because that is what they used to run Moonshine.Jimmie johnson use to run moonshine and started the races as bragging rights. He also stated that they would add springs and such to the rear so when running shine the ass of the car wouldn't set lower and tip of the revenuers.

The object was to have as much weight and control as you could over the car on the dirt roads. Coups could never handle it like a sedan could.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

go tony stewart!!

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

This one time, I watched a NASCAR race... and for the life of me... I cant remember the drivers name but.....

HE MADE A SWEET LEFT TURN

Thats my one fond memory. All my other memories have all been the same for some reason.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

meet davey allison back in 1990 at a buckmasters weekend autograph session he signed a drivers card for me and my brothers(wish i knew where that card is).i wonder how davey's cup career would have turned out if he had not died in 93. also meet kyle petty back in 1995 at a local pontiac dealership autograph session.the best of all was back in 2005 at montgomery motor speedway,bobby allison was doing a autograph session before the races got going,i had to work so the wife and i were late getting to the track and missed the autographs,well the late-models were running the feature race and i went to get a beer during a yellow and i left the consession stand on my way back to our seats and there was bobby allison at the bottom of the stairs from the press box!i said "hi,mr.allison" he said"how ya doing" and continued on to my seat,didn't want to bother him.
    Last edited by 02transamce; 06-26-2009 at 05:24 PM.

white

Ernie Irvan is a cool guy. Although his sister Susan is very opinionated. When Ernie was driving the Texaco/Havoline #28...we were at Bristol and me being an Earnhardt fan she yells to me "You're all ate up with them a**holes". Back then Earnhardt and Irvan weren't getting along so well.

I've been to Ernie's shops and his house in the late 90's. Jerry Baxter was the crew chief for Ernie's Busch series cars...Jerry is now the crew chief for Michael Waltrip Racings Nationwide #00 car. Same goes for Ron Hornaday...we hung out at his house on Lake Norman before. My buddy Ron is also a friend of Larry McReynolds and when Larry was with RCR we visited the shop. There I got to meet Richard Childress and Will Lind.

Many others I've met and what not but I was fortunate to be a crew member in the series as well. I've just been lucky that my friend and driver, Ron Esau, has had a fairly successful career in Nascar and knows all these guys as being one of their competitors.
    --we are going to make a Charlotte race someday and go to RCR for sure--

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information