Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

NASCAR Sprint Cup car was stolen

Why would you put what's bold out?? I can see that ending up in someone's ride....

Travis Kvapil's NASCAR Sprint Cup car was stolen early Friday, forcing him to withdraw from a race this weekend near Atlanta.

A trailer with the red No. 44 car inside was hitched to a black 2004 Ford F-350 pickup truck parked outside a hotel in Morrow, Georgia, about 15 miles south of Atlanta, police said. Surveillance video shows the truck and trailer being driven out of the parking lot around 5:30 a.m., Morrow police Detective Sgt. Larry Oglesby said.

The trailer is plain white with no markings. The person who stole it likely didn't realize the racecar was inside, and may have thought it was lawn equipment or something else he could easily sell, Oglesby said.

"Hopefully they'll open this one up and say, 'Oh no, this isn't what we thought,' and will drop it off at the nearest vacant lot or apartment complex or somewhere," Oglesby said.

The 2015 Chevy NASCAR racecar inside the trailer is valued at $250,000, according to a police report. Also inside the trailer was a spare engine valued at $100,000 and racing equipment valued at $17,500.

A spokesman said the No. 44 team has withdrawn from this weekend's race at Atlanta Motor Speedway.

Travis Kvapil's NASCAR car stolen from hotel before race | Fox News

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Dibs on the engine...

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Sounds like Atlanta to me...whoever stole it is completely screwed tho. You cant hide a car like that.

red
    95 Z28

It's going to be almost impossible for them to make any profit on stealing that car, even if they take it completely apart and part it out. All of the people that would want to buy parts off of such a car are the same group of racers that would turn the people in that stole it. Not to mention most of the parts on those cars are custom enough that they can be identified via serial numbers and ID marks.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

$400k worth of shit hooked to a $12k truck??? Really???

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I was really surprised it wasn't in a normal hauler and pulled by a shit box F250

red
    95 Z28

I know it's a budget Sprint Cup team, but there are guys hauling late models at the local tracks with haulers a ton bigger and nicer than a damn F-350

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Hopefully it's insured. One shocking thing to me out of this is that none of the other teams stepped up and gave them a loaner car for the weekend. Those teams usually stick together like that and help one another out. He drives a chevy so you would think hendrick or someone would've gave them a loaner. I'm sure Hendrick will have at least 6 cars there. One of the only black car owners.....it would've made for good press.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Unless someone participating in the race paid someone to have it stolen so he couldn't compete...
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Unless someone participating in the race paid someone to have it stolen so he couldn't compete...
    That was my first thought. It will end up showing up somewhere untouched. We'll see.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I don't think they had to go that far in order for them to miss the race......have you seen the team's record?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I don't think they had to go that far in order for them to miss the race......have you seen the team's record?
    Maybe it was more personal. Does he have a pissed off ex girlfriend or wife? I am not familiar with the Atlanta area this happened in, but the comment about someone thinking that trailer, parked outside a hotel, had lawn equipment in it, just struck me as funny.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

it's atlanta.....the hub of crime. Break dancing got started in atlanta......it started because of people trying to steal hubcaps off moving cars.

Black / White

I read this morning that the car was found.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2015/02/28/stolen-no-44-race-car-found-in-suburban-atlanta/24172101/
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Damn shame. Im sure it will turn up. Hopefully not in pieces. I'm a HUGE NASCAR fan and I know how much it cost to start up and maintain 1 of these teams. I also think the same as 0rion, and would hope Stewart/ haas or Hendrick would step up and help the team out.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

it's atlanta.....the hub of crime. Break dancing got started in atlanta......it started because of people trying to steal hubcaps off moving cars.
    This made me snort louder than normal jokes I read lol.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Looks like they sent the normal hauler ahead early because of the weather we have had this week. They kept working on the car itself and brought it down later in the week.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Atlanta is a place I never care to visit again. Went almost 2 years ago. Awful traffic, most of the places we went to were not worth the money. One recommendation we got was this underground mall. As soon as we walked into it it felt like a ghetto. Some of the shops had windows covered so you couldn't see what was going on inside. Only thing we enjoyed was going to the Braves game since her team was playing them. But even they announced they are building a new stadium on the outskirts of town and there current stadium is still in good shape and I don't think it's all that old.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    Atlanta is a place I never care to visit again. Went almost 2 years ago. Awful traffic, most of the places we went to were not worth the money. One recommendation we got was this underground mall. As soon as we walked into it it felt like a ghetto. Some of the shops had windows covered so you couldn't see what was going on inside. Only thing we enjoyed was going to the Braves game since her team was playing them. But even they announced they are building a new stadium on the outskirts of town and there current stadium is still in good shape and I don't think it's all that old.
    I hate driving or even being in Atlanta. Just not my kind of city or place...way too crowded, way too much traffic, way too much crime, etc.

More stuff has happened since the car got stolen.

http://www.foxsports.com/nascar/story/nascar-supercross-crime-spree-they-don-t-call-it-hot-lanta-for-nothin-022815
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 02-28-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So, car found, untouched, out of the race this weekend is the only disturbance... Interesting

Lawn equipment hooked up to a dually like that... yeah sure. Pretty common right?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information