Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation NASCAR Race Engines - Arms Race

NASCAR Race Engines - Arms Race

Inside the brand-new Ford and Dodge engines for NASCAR Sprint Cup competitionBy the time you read this, NASCAR will be upon a very significant milestone, but it will probably pass by with little or no official mention. Ford and Dodge are both introducing new engines over the course of the '09 season. And when the new Ford FR9 motor replaces the venerable Windsor, which has been in competition for two decades, it will be the first time since NASCAR was founded more than 50 years ago that no car in the entire field will be powered by an engine family that has never appeared in a production automobile.

Photo Gallery: NASCAR Race Engines - New Sprint Cup Powerplants From Ford And Dodge - Hot Rod Magazine

Photo Gallery: NASCAR Race Engines - New Sprint Cup Powerplants From Ford And Dodge - Hot Rod Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i really like nascar,hell i drive a Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo SS,but it is getting harder and harder to devote 4 hours on sunday afternoon to watch a race when i know who will win the race before they sing the national anthem! Jimmie Johnson is remarkable in the chase and will probably win a 4th straight championship.nascar is just iroc with the cot and i believe there will be a common engine package coming in a few years since the domestic car makers cannot afford to continue to pump money and technology in a sport that still runs carburators and pushrods.mho.

Trans Am owner
    former

chevy has had a specific updated smallblock in their cars for a while now.

bout time dodge and ford step up! chevy makes some damn good horsepower. but I think toyota has somthin up their sleeve....I have seen a few races earlier this year where kyle busch in his `Yota flat ran around everyone else like they were tied to a post. up, high, down low, he would straight up outrun em every time.

SOM
    2002 SS

I watched my dog chase his tail one day. I made him stop after about 3 circles.

1966 Corvette Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by 5abivt View Post
    I watched my dog chase his tail one day. I made him stop after about 3 circles.
    I just laughed so damn hard... I dont even know why... But that was hilarious...

-me

Once they all went to the same basic cars I really got bored... so much for stock car racing. Put safety equipment in factory cars and let them run them. Ony way I'll ever watch again.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

Watched the race at Dover, & when I saw they were using a Toyota Camry Hybrid for a pace car, I decided my days of NASCAR are over.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by gd1996 View Post
    Once they all went to the same basic cars I really got bored... so much for stock car racing. Put safety equipment in factory cars and let them run them. Ony way I'll ever watch again.
    Plus closed windows and big inch motors for me, unrestricted and efi if they want it. No set gearing or transmissions. They'd have to make some right turns too...

Yep, they tried to make every car so even and it just takes away the whole point of having manufacturers. I'm still waiting for the challenger, camaro, and mustang all to be the cars used in HNRA prostock. And why not do it for nascar... let people watch on Sunday what they can go buy Monday at the dealer.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    i really like nascar,hell i drive a Tony Stewart edition Monte Carlo SS,but it is getting harder and harder to devote 4 hours on sunday afternoon to watch a race when i know who will win the race before they sing the national anthem! Jimmie Johnson is remarkable in the chase and will probably win a 4th straight championship.nascar is just iroc with the cot and i believe there will be a common engine package coming in a few years since the domestic car makers cannot afford to continue to pump money and technology in a sport that still runs carburators and pushrods.mho.
    Wow. Jealous!!! I love Tony Stewart!!

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I have said it many times...GET RID OF THE FKKIN RESTRICTOR PLATES!!!

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

i disagree the plate tracks are about the only races worth watching now a days.seems like whoever gets out front is impossible to pass,even the bristol night race sucked this year.oh yeah,california speedway is next week good time for a nap.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    Wow. Jealous!!! I love Tony Stewart!!
    thanks.although its is a bit odd,there is a girl in montgomery that has a navy blue camaro ss that is a Tony Stewart fan.

Thread Information