Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

My thoughts, what is everyone's take?

Here is my thoughts on young kids and F-Bodys. They mix about as well as oil and water, drinking and driving, screwing some girl you don't know without a condom, playing in traffic, and etc.... I know there is a few young fellas on this board with these cars but I totally disagree with it. Here is my reasons, young kids are not as good of drivers (which is fact), they like to show off more then most drivers to their friends, they lack experience in emergency situations (which good be classified under not as good of drivers). They don't appectiate things in life as much, and they think they are indestructable. I am not saying that I am perfect in anyway, that I don't show off sometimes and so forth but I know when and where. When I was younger (16-17) I had a 82 Trans Am with a 350 (cam, headers, rockers, gears, etc...) now that I look back, it was not the best choice on my parents side, it made me extremely happy but was not wise. I know everyone is different, some of these kids paid for their car, some pay all their bills, some are better drivers then others, but a KID, a CHILD anyone under 18 shouldn't have bills, or expensive cars, they are not an adult. I know times are changing but I just had to rant with something that happened today, sorry it is so long.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I'm 17, and drive this.

You've never seen me drive before, as well as other similarly aged F-Fody owners. Your little rant won't change a damn thing. Your statement is wayyyyy too stereotypical, think before you speak. I see plenty of adults get into accidents. Would you rather have more of us driving around in Fart-cannon equipped civics cutting you off and constantly trying to race you?

Who are you to tell me what I should or should not have?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Camaro SS

You are generalizing but you are right, most young drivers lack experience or concentration ability and should not have high powered cars. But not all.

But aren't you being hypocritical? After all, you had a fast car when you were young and dumb.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01
    Here is my thoughts on young kids and F-Bodys. They mix about as well as oil and water, drinking and driving, screwing some girl you don't know without a condom, playing in traffic, and etc.... I know there is a few young fellas on this board with these cars but I totally disagree with it. Here is my reasons, young kids are not as good of drivers (which is fact), they like to show off more then most drivers to their friends, they lack experience in emergency situations (which good be classified under not as good of drivers). They don't appectiate things in life as much, and they think they are indestructable. I am not saying that I am perfect in anyway, that I don't show off sometimes and so forth but I know when and where. When I was younger (16-17) I had a 82 Trans Am with a 350 (cam, headers, rockers, gears, etc...) now that I look back, it was not the best choice on my parents side, it made me extremely happy but was not wise. I know everyone is different, some of these kids paid for their car, some pay all their bills, some are better drivers then others, but a KID, a CHILD anyone under 18 shouldn't have bills, or expensive cars, they are not an adult. I know times are changing but I just had to rant with something that happened today, sorry it is so long.
    Man don't even get me started on young kids and nice/new vehicles.
    First of all, i totally agree with you. If the kid payed for it himself it's kinda ok.
    When i was in high school all's i wanted was a f-bod.-i mean cars were my ENTIRE life and there was always the rich ass rejects who were driving their brand new cars. I got suspended from school for 1 week(5 days) because some kid thought he could mouth off to me. Even though it was just a new Cavalier he had i snapped. Had he been driving a POS Merc Topaz like me i probably wouldn't of hit him as many times.

Even all the 15-17 year old on this site can suck my dick. UNLESS they paid for their car themselves.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

No, I did have a car that was fast when I was young, but I shouldn't have. It was not right. And by the little outburst cascade, that shows you can really handle yourself as a adult, it's called an opinion. And how impossible would it really be to change children having cars, not hard at all, just a little ingeniuity, and a little work. If all the young people really and I mean really read, I was not trash talking, (generalizing, yes). Adults do get in more accidents, there is MORE OF US. Percentage, related to age, shows that kids crash more, and their crashes are more severe.

1981 g-Body

And JUST LAST NIGHT me and a pal were in his 81 Cutlass at a red light and this brand new Jeep SUV pulls up with 5 high school chicks in it. They signal for me to roll down my window so i do they say: "what's up" "nothin much" "cool" - then the light went red and i told my buddy to floor it so he does. the chicks turned and we went straight. And then we saw them later and we decided to follow them. We end up at a dead end road so they turn around facing us and drive by us. But get this-as they drive by they throw a slurpee at our car hit'in the A-pillar getin it all over the windsheild and seat(cuz the window was rolled down).

Maybe we asked for it but IMO young rich bitches(guys included) don't have respect for fuck all.

Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

For the most part it is a stereotype... I do agree that some (not all) younger people need to pay more attention... My first car when i was 15 was an 87 cavalier... later when i was 16 I bought and paid for my own 97 camaro... later when i was 18 I bought my 2000 camaro.. It does piss me off when mommy and daddy buy their kids everything... it makes it so they dont appreciate what they have... I consider myself a good driver, and that i always have been... I have NEVER got into an accident to this day.. (now that i said that though, ill prolly jinx myself)
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

40oz, that is bullshit, I would have chased them down or call the police, or something. I use to do dumb shit when I was younger, that I should not have done, but the stuff kids do these days is fucking bullshit. Worse then what I ever did. Like today for example, I am plumbing this house that the HS Trades are help building, and one of the students told the teacher "Shut up old man" I would probably lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by x-40oz-x
    Man don't even get me started on young kids and nice/new vehicles.
    First of all, i totally agree with you. If the kid payed for it himself it's kinda ok.
    When i was in high school all's i wanted was a f-bod.-i mean cars were my ENTIRE life and there was always the rich ass rejects who were driving their brand new cars. I got suspended from school for 1 week(5 days) because some kid thought he could mouth off to me. Even though it was just a new Cavalier he had i snapped. Had he been driving a POS Merc Topaz like me i probably wouldn't of hit him as many times.

Even all the 15-17 year old on this site can suck my dick. UNLESS they paid for their car themselves.
    I completely agree with this as well. I was trying to convince my parents to buy me a Mustang GT when I turned 16 and they flat out refused. I ended up with a 4-banger compact. I bought my Z28 when I turned 21. Chances are I would have killed myself if I had a V8 when I first got my license.

As for the "won't appreciate/respect the car if the parents pay for it" statement... A while back I was shopping at the local supermarket and 2 16yr olds who worked there as cashiers were showing off their cars to me, one was a 98 vette and the other a 01ish Z28. Both were decked out with bolt-ons. The one with the Z28 bragged how he topped out in rush hour traffic and how well he could weave between cars at such high speeds. These guys clearly didn't respect their cars or those who they share their roads with.

Black
    2001 Trans Am WS6

I paid for mine and baby it for the most part. I wash it nearly every day and drive the speed limit unless I'm having a little fun.

Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

It comes down to some people are asshats.. and some arnt... I went to a High school which was the one where the "rich" kids went to school... so i got tired of the people driving their daddys vette to school... when i worked my ass off 40hrs a week in high school to pay for my camaro

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Cascade, that is fine and that is good you pay for it. You maybe an excellent driver, like I said, not everyone, just the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by cascade
    I wash it nearly every day and drive the speed limit unless I'm having a little fun.
    When I'm on the highways, I really don't care how fast people around me are driving as long as they speed "safely". By that, I mean using turn signals before making lane changes, passing on the left, not tailgating, not coming up on me from behind so fast that I can't get out of the way before you start flashing your lights and wailing on the horn, etc.

If folks drove on the Autobahn like we do here on America's highways, I think most Germans would be dead.

(Courtesy people! Please!)

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01
    40oz, that is bullshit, I would have chased them down or call the police, or something. I use to do dumb shit when I was younger, that I should not have done, but the stuff kids do these days is fucking bullshit. Worse then what I ever did. Like today for example, I am plumbing this house that the HS Trades are help building, and one of the students told the teacher "Shut up old man" I would probably lose it.
    Right when that happened i told him to "turn the fuck around!" but the road was real narrow and icey and his cutlass has bald street slicks so it wouldn't of went well. We went lookin for them but couldn't find em. Today we were gonna drive by all the highschool's and get even, but then shit came up and i had to be places so we'll do it tomorrow.
    Trust me, we'll find em and get even.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

When I was 16 I got my Z28, and did'nt get in any trouble with it at all. hell I was too worried about the motor I built blowing up hahaha

Then I got a DD ford festiva and god damn... what I did to that car was, well theres no excuse for my actions. I did pay for both of my rides with my own money. So all is well, and the Festiva cost me 200 bucks. But I ruined a perfectly good DD because I was stupid.

When your younger you don't respect shit, I look back at the stupid things I did and think "how could anyone do any worse" and everyday I see people that make me look like a angel.

1981 g-Body

Quote Originally Posted by my5thNewUsernameHere
    The one with the Z28 bragged how he topped out in rush hour traffic and how well he could weave between cars at such high speeds.
    And they say it like it's cool to do that. High school kids and ricers are all the same.
    Same shit, different pile.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i'm too late to this party, but my 2¢

these cars force you to become a better driver. i was 22 when i got mine, and fuck my ass if didnt realize i was immature for these fuckers. I think the same will happen to the young kids on the board....i really didn't start my "who's the youngest" thread b/c i wanted to T-up this thread for BlackSS01. it was out of envy b/c i knew some young kids got their dream car at the age that I first saw the 98 ws.6...been my dream since then and if your that young and payin' for it...

ok, i'm done. be safe, not a statistic.
    Last edited by third_shift|studios; 01-25-2006 at 06:04 PM.

Well then Since it is okay for you to say some shit like that then i got a opinion too.

Women should not be able to drive nor should men over 40. They are at a high risk of causing a accident by either talking on a cell phone or doing makeup in the car.After 40 your awarness is not what it used to be so you could be a future accident waiting to happen. You are not as fast thinking when you were 30 so can we rely on you in a serious situation? I think not... Maybe we should outlaw all vehicles that came out before 1990 i mean how safe are those? not as safe as a new vehicle (that is a fact). We also know women can only bake a cake not swerve to miss some kid in a school zone. Im sorry one day us younger people will make it a law so you middle aged guys cant hog up the highway.

Who cares? Control your own children and we will do the same with ours. Do you know how many people under 25 own a ls1 compared to the older crowd?

Black
    02 Z06

I was to lazy to read through all of your posts. But I completely 100% disagree. You made such a huge blanket statement it's not even funny. I hang out with all different types of car people. Import , domestic , motorcycle and their ages varie from 16-53. Age does not make a difference. It does in some aspects . But over all it doesn't. Your either born with maturity and wisdom or your not. I know some 18 year old guys that are more mature then 45 year old guys with 11 second cars that go out street racing all the time and show off and fish tail out of car shows. i don't care if you have the experience. Thats just stupid. Anything could go wrong and someone could get hurt.

I'm taking this issue to heart because I'm 18 years old now and I bought my first f-body ( 1994 trans am ) when I was 16. Now I own a 1999 ws6. Granted it wasn't my first car. But I respected the power and the trouble I could of gotten in if I was stupid. I'm not going to lie . Every once and while i would mess around in it. But thats when I didn't have any passengers in the car and there was absolutely no one in sight. PLUS I have never gotten one ticket ever in my entire life. ALSO I have worked my ass off affording my vehicles that i do own while still maintaining a A average at school and even graduating a year early. My parents completely cut me off when I was 16. I've had to pay for everything. My car , downpayment , monthly payments , insurance , upkeep , EVERYTHING.

So don't tell me all kids are irespsonable and don't pay for their shit. Because thats completely untrue.

But I agree with you when kids my age do get brand new cars it's maddening because I had to pay for my car all on my own. But that doesn't mean they don't take care of it and don't respect the power it.

It's the stupid kids that get all of the attention that give kids with nice cars my age bad names.

white
    2001 camaross

I 100% agree with TransAmMan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information