Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

PEWTER
    2001 camaro

My street racing punishment

Had court the other day some of you may recall my post. I got caught street racing in march. Out here in california there pretty strict on that sort of thing they impounded my car witch actually only wound up being for a week. They also got me for modified emissions. I bargained with the District Attorney and the best deal I could get was 1200 dollar fine, 40hrs community service and three years informal probation plus they threw out the emissions. Sounds shitty but I talked the out of 15 days in jail and taking my license for 30days needless to say Im done with that shit cause if I get caught again they sell the car and i get 30 days in jail mandatory.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

That's harsh. Sounds like time to move to a new state.

arctic white
    97 firebird

yeah man thats some stupid shit there doing about street racing, i would move for sure to somewhere where a normal house is 450,000 gas is 5.00 a gallon and get screwed over by everything in your car. i love to visit my bro there and party but i would never live there fuck that.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by maroca View Post
    Had court the other day some of you may recall my post. I got caught street racing in march. Out here in california there pretty strict on that sort of thing they impounded my car witch actually only wound up being for a week. They also got me for modified emissions. I bargained with the District Attorney and the best deal I could get was 1200 dollar fine, 40hrs community service and three years informal probation plus they threw out the emissions. Sounds shitty but I talked the out of 15 days in jail and taking my license for 30days needless to say Im done with that shit cause if I get caught again they sell the car and i get 30 days in jail mandatory.
    Wow Can we say in my best Schwarzenegers voice Fock Calli fournyuh haha

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post
    I got the same exact shit and I love in AL

2 SS's are better than 1 Jays00ss's Avatar

NBM / Silver
    00 SS / 71 SS Elcamino

Never raced on the street in my life do all mine at the track where it belongs. Drive like a granny on the street most of the time. I guess that why I only pay $40 a month full coverage on my camaro a month.
    2000 SS Camaro Heads, Large cam, Fast 90, 9"w/430's and locker, yada yada yada... you get the picture

1971 SS ElCamino 402 Big Block 550HP

2006 Silverado 2500HD 496 cubic inches of pure muscle

Navy Blue Metallic
    '00 Formy A4

Quote Originally Posted by Hot Black Trans-Am View Post

Or he could just not street race.

This ought to be made a sticky, so everyone who brags about street racing can see it.

Street racing = stupid.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

HOLY SHIT!! that is pretty harsh. I got arrested in texas and I got a 750$ fine and 10 hours of community service. License was supposed to be suspended until community service was complete but I had a FL license and it never got suspended. wow..

1966 Corvette Coupe

Ok people that say that they have never street raced.... and are honestly telling the truth are freaks... anyone who has never launched at a stoplight... or done a quick onramp to free way run with a buddy (you know 0 to 80 or so going down the onramp onto the free way).... you are just freaks...

I personally dont see anything wrong with using remote roads for drag racing... I do not run 120 MPH down busy roads and cut around cars... but thats not really street racing ... that is just stupidity...

but having your car crushed for doing a stoplight run... that is stupid... I mean that is like a $20k fine... Drunk driving is like $3000 (at most....)

-me

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i have court in 1 week over a street racing ticket. I'm taking a lawyer. If he can keep it off my record, or beat them down enough, it'll be totally worth it. I just recieved my insurance renual in the mail and it's like half the amount it typically is for all 3 cars covered...i would like to maintain that!

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post
    Ok people that say that they have never street raced.... and are honestly telling the truth are freaks... anyone who has never launched at a stoplight... or done a quick onramp to free way run with a buddy (you know 0 to 80 or so going down the onramp onto the free way).... you are just freaks...

I personally dont see anything wrong with using remote roads for drag racing... I do not run 120 MPH down busy roads and cut around cars... but thats not really street racing ... that is just stupidity...

but having your car crushed for doing a stoplight run... that is stupid... I mean that is like a $20k fine... Drunk driving is like $3000 (at most....)

-me
    I agree. How many deaths result from street racing compared to Drunk Driving??

To the OP, seems like you got off ok, could have been worse. Moral of the story, Cali sucks, MOVE!

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Never raced on the street in my life do all mine at the track where it belongs. Drive like a granny on the street most of the time. I guess that why I only pay $40 a month full coverage on my camaro a month.
    Yea I have State Farm, pay $80 full coverage, with no deductibles on anything...My history contradicts all of the myths that if you get tickets your insurance goes up... I've got a whole file folder of all sorts of tickets and my insurance has done nothing but drop over the years not once has it gone up.
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g154/illcul8troffcr/My%20SS/signaturew.jpg
    2002 Camaro SS #1539
    MTI Clear AirLid /Magnaflow catback/Polished Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace/K&N Filter/Bilstein Suspension/
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/553601
    http://www.fquick.com/illcul8troffcr

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by illcul8troffcr View Post
    Yea I have State Farm, pay $80 full coverage, with no deductibles on anything...My history contradicts all of the myths that if you get tickets your insurance goes up... I've got a whole file folder of all sorts of tickets and my insurance has done nothing but drop over the years not once has it gone up.
    Thats true. Tickets don't usually make it go up, just wrecks. Now if you go with a new company and they ask you how many is on your record, then your fucked.

My dad got a ticket for street racing a few months back. $200 and a morning at the court. Gotta love Louisiana.

Sebring Silver
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by squee View Post
    Thats true. Tickets don't usually make it go up, just wrecks. Now if you go with a new company and they ask you how many is on your record, then your fucked.

My dad got a ticket for street racing a few months back. $200 and a morning at the court. Gotta love Louisiana.
    O yea haha I have had the same agent since I was 18. I even kept him when I moved out of state and left the car registered and insured in Va. As soon as they would have pulled up my record I would have to pull out the lube... He's cool as hell I literally told him about my first ticket which was 96 in a 55 ( I was only 18 and stupid) and instead of raising my rates .. he said well I didn't hear you tell me that and I have no info on it yet so it didn't happen. So needless to say I send him a Christmas card every year for looking out haha

Quote Originally Posted by predator View Post

-me
    Or fucking liars.

I hate assholes that think they belong on a high horse cuz theyve never been caught.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Or fucking liars.

I hate assholes that think they belong on a high horse cuz theyve never been caught.
    No shit...

I've never been caught...Only cause I ran though...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    i have court in 1 week over a street racing ticket. I'm taking a lawyer. If he can keep it off my record, or beat them down enough, it'll be totally worth it. I just recieved my insurance renual in the mail and it's like half the amount it typically is for all 3 cars covered...i would like to maintain that!
    dang I didnt see your post about it.......bummer

Black
    1987 Buick Grand National

Quote Originally Posted by maroca View Post
    Sounds like you have lived and learned. Good for you. Glad you posted it so it gets the word out that there are consequences for your actions. Ive done the street racing thing. I quit before someone got hurt or before I got caught. Whatever the reason was, I dont do it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jays00ss View Post
    Actually it is because you are 36.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by TempleU_WS6 View Post
    I agree. How many deaths result from street racing compared to Drunk Driving??

To the OP, seems like you got off ok, could have been worse. Moral of the story, Cali sucks, MOVE!

+1 As long as there's drunk drivers out there I'll be street racing! That's usually the time of day I'm racing anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information