Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Are my rights being violated?

The place I work at has been in business since the early 60's, they are about 1000 workers strong now. Anyways they handed everyone a paper last night, from now on ALL checks are going to be direct deposit. So I told my boss I lived in America not fucking soviet russia and through the paper away. They can't actually make us do that can they?

Some people do not believe in banks, financial institutions are retarded. All I have is a checking account. So every week, I would have to go and take my full check out to the penny or my check register is going to be off every time. I will of course forget and screw it up to. I told the head head head boss, "God damn you make a lot of fucked up decisions!"

So tell me, can they actually force us to do this? I refuse to turn the paperwork in, so when they have to pay me, something is going to happen. You know they got kickbacks from the local bank franchise to do this shit. So pissed right now.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I like having direct deposit..always have. As far as your check register being off....just check your statement online. I do all my banking online and it's awesome...and free. My partner at work is kinda like you...except he doesn't like money being in his checking because it gets garnished by the bank for him never paying his lien/credit card.

Also if you really don't want direct deposit that bad you can always close your checking account....then they'll have to cut you a check.

Black
    99 Z28

I love direct deposit too. Means I don't have to waste time going to the bank.

I've never had my deposits be wrong because of anything other than my employer's error in entering amounts (and it would have happened with a check the same way). It actually made it nice because they paid me the difference THAT week instead of making me wait for another check.

Money is in the bank when I wake up Friday morning.

Only reason I can see to not do it that way is if you don't pay your bills and the bank takes their money because you're not giving it to them by choice.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    The place I work at has been in business since the early 60's, they are about 1000 workers strong now. Anyways they handed everyone a paper last night, from now on ALL checks are going to be direct deposit. So I told my boss I lived in America not fucking soviet russia and through the paper away. They can't actually make us do that can they?

Some people do not believe in banks, financial institutions are retarded. All I have is a checking account. So every week, I would have to go and take my full check out to the penny or my check register is going to be off every time. I will of course forget and screw it up to. I told the head head head boss, "God damn you make a lot of fucked up decisions!"

So tell me, can they actually force us to do this? I refuse to turn the paperwork in, so when they have to pay me, something is going to happen. You know they got kickbacks from the local bank franchise to do this shit. So pissed right now.
    yes they can do that... i falls under a business owner having the right to protect his investment... through doing this he can deter imbezlement and other shit... if you wait to cash your check to the last day teh company may not have that money in the account... it's stupid little shit like that as well...

also DP is the greatest thing... as soon at friday hits the money is in my account...12:00 on the dot.. bam... there...

on less thing to worry about...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

direct deposit is nice............save gas and time spent at the bank.........I get free checking cause I have over $600 in deposits each month

As far as can they make you ? not sure about that.......just go along with it, saves your company lots of money/time with no paper work to do ...............surprised they didnt fire you for what you said, at my work they would have walked me out the door right then

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

i dont see what the problem is,.....thhis thread blowssss

I am sure a 19 year old telling the head head head boss he makes a lot of fucked up decisions really put him in his place.

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

Be very careful with direct deposit. If you authorize them to put the funds in you are authorizing them to take the funds back out. This just happened to my sister after her company went bankrupt and they withdrew the funds from all the employees. The bank she has said it was legal too.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by say'n somthin View Post
    Be very careful with direct deposit. If you authorize them to put the funds in you are authorizing them to take the funds back out. This just happened to my sister after her company went bankrupt and they withdrew the funds from all the employees. The bank she has said it was legal too.
    I find that hard to believe

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedAddict38 View Post
    I find that hard to believe
    I was thinking the same

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

With 999 other workers available I would have fired your ass on the spot for insubordination.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    yes they can do that... i falls under a business owner having the right to protect his investment... through doing this he can deter imbezlement and other shit... if you wait to cash your check to the last day teh company may not have that money in the account... it's stupid little shit like that as well...

also DP is the greatest thing... as soon at friday hits the money is in my account...12:00 on the dot.. bam... there...
    on less thing to worry about...

Yep, actually my payday is tomorrow but my money goes in around 7:30-8 p.m. on Thursday nights

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot View Post
    Yep, actually my payday is tomorrow but my money goes in around 7:30-8 p.m. on Thursday nights
    aye... same here... latest it gets in is the 12:00 dead line...

1932 Ford Coupe
    2002 Corvette Ragtop

Apparently, if you sign something for direct deposit, read it and it will say they have the right to deposit and withdraw.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by say'n somthin View Post
    Apparently, if you sign something for direct deposit, read it and it will say they have the right to deposit and withdraw.
    I will call my bank and ask them

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

At first I thought you must have it good if this is the worst thing you have to complain about...

But then I realized it won't be very soon, since you'll be out of a job. Grow up, and for christs sake, learn some tact.

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

Ive had it happen before. They made a double deposit and automatically withdrew it.

NBM
    99 TA

dude how hard is it to open another bank account that isn't your chq acct??

You will love Direct deposit, quit thinking everyone is out to get you - it is the most convenient shit ever.

Go to your bank, tell them to open a savings acct under the same acct as your chq acct, and you can go online and transfer funds from one to another instantly.

Its the wave of the future man, quit livin in the past.

Black
    1999 Trans am

shut up hippy, just go with it

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

19... says it all. by ingnorance

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information