Thread: My rant.....

Ray Charles blue

My rant.....

Well it starts off this way.

Get in my Jeep as my Camaro made a funny noise and my check engine light comes on. I stop and put gas in and find that the gas cap wasnt on correctly so thats no an issue. However, I hasnt gone off yet so I will probably just undo the battery. I need to change the oil in it too. Getting ready to park it for the summer as I use the Z28 as my daily driver.

I got my grade back from my presentation. She gave me an 80 after she crossed out 83. I was the only one who actually spoke without sounding retarded with inflection on every freaking end of every freaking thought.

Then I get home to address the issue with my Camaro. I heard a noise on the drive home the other day and thank goodness it was only a few miles from home. Today I am under the car looking around and everything is tight and seems to be fine so I back it out. WRONG! I hear this terrible grinding thinking it is my pumpkin and since I JUST had gears put in that is where my mind went. I jack the car up and spin the wheels and nothing. It has just a little play when you turn the yoke/driveshaft till it makes the wheels turn. Pretty standard from all the rears I have ever messed with so I turn it backwards and forwards and its smooth as steroid boys (he was banned) pick up lines.......well actually much smoother. I look at the driver side rear tire and I see my caliper haning by the top bolt! It is the bolt that holds the caliper to the bracket on the rear of the rotor. If that makes sense....lol

So I get on the phone and call NAPA since they are the closest. As soon as the guy answers the phone I realize its the same moron that I have dealt with and got wrong parts from in the past. He ordered some bushings for my 81 Camaro years ago and they were all wrong and the ones that I could use I already had new with my rear springs! So he tells me I need two pins and a bolt and I tell him "No, I need the larger bolt that holds the bracket of the caliper to that behind the rotor." Again he says that I am wrong so I hang up. I call two more places and get the same story. Are people just stupid or something? I head to my friends hardware store and get a bolt the same thread and its the same length. I had to get a washer for it though as it doesnt have the built in washer on the head. Also, the head is a different size. Its case hardness of 8 so I am sure it is up to the duty. It got me thinking. I am going to spend some time under the car tonight checking everything including the other caliper to make sure everything is copasetic.

Only one good thing has happened. I popped the hood on my Camaro to check the oil and I notice that my interior/map lights are on. Those things didnt work when I bought the damn car! It was the only thing that didnt work. lol Then I noticed when I had the hatch open that all the interior/map lights were on. Must be they are connected to the rear brakes in some way.

Things get any stranger today and I am going to go buy a lottery ticket. Oh, my buddy had his yellow 1992 TR512 out today. Maybe I will stop and see if he wants to let me drive it.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Well it starts off this way.

Get in my Jeep as my Camaro made a funny noise and my check engine light comes on. I stop and put gas in and find that the gas cap wasnt on correctly so thats no an issue. However, I hasnt gone off yet so I will probably just undo the battery. I need to change the oil in it too. Getting ready to park it for the summer as I use the Z28 as my daily driver.

I got my grade back from my presentation. She gave me an 80 after she crossed out 83. I was the only one who actually spoke without sounding retarded with inflection on every freaking end of every freaking thought.

Then I get home to address the issue with my Camaro. I heard a noise on the drive home the other day and thank goodness it was only a few miles from home. Today I am under the car looking around and everything is tight and seems to be fine so I back it out. WRONG! I hear this terrible grinding thinking it is my pumpkin and since I JUST had gears put in that is where my mind went. I jack the car up and spin the wheels and nothing. It has just a little play when you turn the yoke/driveshaft till it makes the wheels turn. Pretty standard from all the rears I have ever messed with so I turn it backwards and forwards and its smooth as steroid boys (he was banned) pick up lines.......well actually much smoother. I look at the driver side rear tire and I see my caliper haning by the top bolt! It is the bolt that holds the caliper to the bracket on the rear of the rotor. If that makes sense....lol

So I get on the phone and call NAPA since they are the closest. As soon as the guy answers the phone I realize its the same moron that I have dealt with and got wrong parts from in the past. He ordered some bushings for my 81 Camaro years ago and they were all wrong and the ones that I could use I already had new with my rear springs! So he tells me I need two pins and a bolt and I tell him "No, I need the larger bolt that holds the bracket of the caliper to that behind the rotor." Again he says that I am wrong so I hang up. I call two more places and get the same story. Are people just stupid or something? I head to my friends hardware store and get a bolt the same thread and its the same length. I had to get a washer for it though as it doesnt have the built in washer on the head. Also, the head is a different size. Its case hardness of 8 so I am sure it is up to the duty. It got me thinking. I am going to spend some time under the car tonight checking everything including the other caliper to make sure everything is copasetic.

Only one good thing has happened. I popped the hood on my Camaro to check the oil and I notice that my interior/map lights are on. Those things didnt work when I bought the damn car! It was the only thing that didnt work. lol Then I noticed when I had the hatch open that all the interior/map lights were on. Must be they are connected to the rear brakes in some way.

Things get any stranger today and I am going to go buy a lottery ticket. Oh, my buddy had his yellow 1992 TR512 out today. Maybe I will stop and see if he wants to let me drive it.
    FML material

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

What is a TR512?

Ray Charles blue

Its a Ferrari.

His has an upgraded exhaust that was 4.5k added on to the sticker of $195,000. lol With the exhaust it is supposed to have around 460 or so HP.

They are ratede for high 12s with the normal exhaust at 110 but I guess the exhaust really does help a lot on those cars. Its quick I know that. Plus being bright yellow it gets your eyes. He was going to buy a new Z06 a few years ago but he has always wanted a Ferrari. He dropped pretty close to 100k for it.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Its a Ferrari.

His has an upgraded exhaust that was 4.5k added on to the sticker of $195,000. lol With the exhaust it is supposed to have around 460 or so HP.

They are ratede for high 12s with the normal exhaust at 110 but I guess the exhaust really does help a lot on those cars. Its quick I know that. Plus being bright yellow it gets your eyes. He was going to buy a new Z06 a few years ago but he has always wanted a Ferrari. He dropped pretty close to 100k for it.
    It would have been easier to say Ferrari.

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post
    It would have been easier to say Ferrari.
    That car gives me a boner.........sorry. The sound from that thing is amazing.

Ray Charles blue

Now my Dish Network is on the fritz! WTF is this shit.....its just searching for transponders and is on 0 of 5 progress. Might have to watch TV in the other room now. Damn.........

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Sorry to say that I have yet to see the Ferrari out and about. He ever take it to any of the local car shows?

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Sorry to say that I have yet to see the Ferrari out and about. He ever take it to any of the local car shows?
    Yes he does. He takes it to Corning as he is a member of the Ferrari club down there.

He lives in Knoxville on the right just as you come in to town. Most of the time he keeps it in his womans garage in Wellsboro. I will see if he will bring it out. He is NOT afraid to run the piss out of it. Perhaps he can bring it down to the track? I will check with him. The 2nd week he had it the thing was being flogged around Watkins Glenn....lol

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Yes he does. He takes it to Corning as he is a member of the Ferrari club down there.

He lives in Knoxville on the right just as you come in to town. Most of the time he keeps it in his womans garage in Wellsboro. I will see if he will bring it out. He is NOT afraid to run the piss out of it. Perhaps he can bring it down to the track? I will check with him. The 2nd week he had it the thing was being flogged around Watkins Glenn....lol
    This is what happens when a ferrari goes out in public

Ferrari off roading anyone?

Ray Charles blue

Thats a nice looking Ford truck right there. Nice chrome wheels and running boards.

The other day I saw a truck with actual boards for runnig boards. I have a pic on my phone. They took what looks like a 4x6 and cut a small section out so they could bolt it to the truck.....no shit either.

Awaiting Activation
    n/a

Thats a nice looking Ford truck right there. Nice chrome wheels and running boards.

The other day I saw a truck with actual boards for runnig boards. I have a pic on my phone. They took what looks like a 4x6 and cut a small section out so they could bolt it to the truck.....no shit either.
    Did they have bondo on lockdown?

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by Hot head View Post
    Did they have bondo on lockdown?
    It was NEW CHEVY truck. Not some old POS, but a new one. WTF is wrong with people................... Not a question, a statement.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Now my Dish Network is on the fritz! WTF is this shit.....its just searching for transponders and is on 0 of 5 progress. Might have to watch TV in the other room now. Damn.........
    On the front of your receiver (the black box) there is a power button, press and hold that for 5 seconds and it'll do a reset. It fixes the problem about 90% of the time I used to work for them bastards.

Ray Charles blue

Thanks! I have tried to unplug it, shut it off, then take out the card......etc

I hate this shit.

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Thanks! I have tried to unplug it, shut it off, then take out the card......etc

I hate this shit.
    did it work? Do you have bad weather?

Ray Charles blue

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    did it work? Do you have bad weather?
    Didnt work.

We have a little rain right now but earlier it was sunny and still did this. I have two "black boxes" and the other one works fantastic, its also from about 1998.....lol The new one is apile of donkey crap.

Thread Information