Thread: my old car

Primer Gray
    1971 Chevy Camaro

my old car

I found my old tow recipt from when i almost got caught street racing one night. I sold my trans am about 4 yrs ago and I am wanting another one. What I am asking is if anyone knows how to find out where it is at and who ownes it by going off of the vin number. Someone told me to try a dealership that has carfax but other people are telling me that wont work. Anyone have any ideas?

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

if you have the vin number you can car fax it. i was going to car fax my old monte carlo to see what happened to it when i donated it to rawhide. haven't done it yet though.

Primer Gray
    1971 Chevy Camaro

ok. ill give it a shot. the vin is on the tow recipt. thanks

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

PM me. I may be able to help out.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Not to thread jack but no point in starting another one. Could you find my old silverado too? I sold it to a friend of mine here in hawaii when i bought my camaro. Since then he has also sold it and does not know who he sold it to.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Black
    00 camaro ss M6 #6695

Now I want to find my 98Z!
    Thanks 4 the idea guys.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

I wonder if my last Lincoln or my first Pontiac still live.

I had a 1990 Sunbird LE that I had a minor fender bender in. I wanted a new car anyway so i didn't bother fixing it. Just drove it till I bought my Lincoln then donated the 60k mile Sunbird. FWIW the 4cyl in those sunbirds could go 200k+ easy

I bought the Lincoln with 126k miles and drove it for 6 years bringing it up to 170k. I got rear ended and once again figured it wasn't worth repairing a 12 year old 170k mile car so i drove it as it was planning on keeping it till it died. at 170k miles it overheated and developed a knock. I didn't even know it was overheating until i went to turn the heat on and only cold air came out then the dash light came on and then FINALLY the needle moved but it was too late. FYI, I HATE CARS THAT KEEP THE NEEDLE CENTERED NO MATTER WHAT (Yet i for some reason just bought another one of these)

I took the headlights and tail lights off and donated it. got 75 bucks. the guy told me they were going to shred it, no lights (head or tail) engine knock, accident damage, high miles on the rest of the stuff. but i can't help but wonder if it somehow.... some way.... through some miracle.... is still on the road today. i doubt it..... but who knows. I still have a center cap from a rim, a key and key fob, the 1-2 shift accumulator piston, headlights and tail lights with ballasts and factory stereo amp. lol.... who am i kidding, even if they didn't shred it.... at best it was parted out, though the guy said they weren't worth much in parts.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I've never seen that 4 banger hit 200k. Usually 130ish at the latest they blow the head gasket at the driver's side front corner and then are gotten rid of due to not worth fixing
    I am curious as to where my 94 GTP is. Last I saw it was in Elvira? Wisconsin

Primer Gray
    1971 Chevy Camaro

well i found my old car. its in oronogo missouri down by the border and the last registration was 6/21/2011 and it had 116155 miles on it.

Thread Information