Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

my next car? need help

ok so im gonna need something that is big for the family, gets reasonable mileage cause i drive long distances to work, and easy to work on and maintain. my price range will be $6k at the very max. i like impala ss but it's hard to find one in that range in good shape here. lately i've had my eye on some older grand marquis' or town cars. i also really like the crown vic police cars now. anybody got a good suggestion other than grand prix's since i've already looked at those too. and along with your suggestions, some tips on how to make the car a little funner to drive

98 Formula
    06 duramax

why not the grand prix's? We had a GTP that I loved....great car. In order to make any car a little more fun the only thing you need to do is leave the wife at home when you drive it.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by bandit95 View Post
    ok so im gonna need something that is big for the family, gets reasonable mileage cause i drive long distances to work, and easy to work on and maintain. my price range will be $6k at the very max. i like impala ss but it's hard to find one in that range in good shape here. lately i've had my eye on some older grand marquis' or town cars. i also really like the crown vic police cars now. anybody got a good suggestion other than grand prix's since i've already looked at those too. and along with your suggestions, some tips on how to make the car a little funner to drive
    noooooooooo!!! don't buy the clown dicks... horrible cars... buy a 94-96 impala SS if you're going that route...

http://www.blacksautomotive.net/newa...et-Impala.aspx

take a look at some subaru's...

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    why not the grand prix's? We had a GTP that I loved....great car. In order to make any car a little more fun the only thing you need to do is leave the wife at home when you drive it.
    true that! don't get me wrong, i love the grand prix's and had a 98 gp gt that was awesome. always wanted a gtp since then. but i want some opinions and tips on other cars out there as well. just wanna know what other good family sedans can be made quick, safe, and easy to maintain

2011 Prius

Honda?

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

the impys are fucking awesome but just a bit out of my range for price. im gonna pay cash for the car. whatever i get for my truck when i sell it i'll put on another car. cant afford another payment.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Well, I'm going to be different here and suggest that you maybe look into getting an 8th gen Impala (2000-2005). Nice cars. My best freind had an all black one, lowered, dark tints, had a nice set of subs and was sitting on a pair of black 9C1 Impala police car steelies. Was a great DD'er. Was comfortable, looked good and wasn't down on power at all, the 3.8 V6 did pretty good in there if you ask me. And on top of that, they are really easy to get, shit man, you could go to a police auction like my freind did and pick one up for a decent price. They're very easy to get. I believe he got his with 8xk miles for like $4200, and was a retired un-marked police car before it was sold to him so it was in very good condition, I'm not exactly sure of the exact year and model he had anymore but I want to say it was a 2002 LS.

So yea, I'd maybe look into one of those if I were you, they have an SS version in that gen as well which I want to say has a supercharged 3.8 V6, not sure if the SS would fall into your budget, but, just saying.
    Last edited by Transamws6; 06-17-2010 at 10:06 AM.

2011 Prius

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Well, I'm going to be different here and suggest that you maybe look into getting an 8th gen Impala (2000-2005). Nice cars. My best freind had an all black one, lowered, dark tints, had a nice set of subs and was sitting on a pair of black 9C1 Impala police car steelies. Was a great DD'er. Was comfortable, looked good and wasn't down on power at all, the 3.8 V6 did pretty good in there if you ask me. And on top of that, they are really easy to get, shit man, you could go to a police auction like my freind did and pick one up for a decent price. They're very easy to get. I believe he got his with 8xk miles for like $4200, and was a retired un-marked police car before it was sold to him so it was in very good condition, I'm not exactly sure of the exact year and model he had anymore but I want to say it was a 2002 LS.

So yea, I'd maybe look into one of those if I were you, they have an SS version in that gen as well which I want to say has a supercharged 3.8 V6, not sure if the SS would fall into your budget, but, just saying.
    He said fun, not a snoozer pos... We rented one once, drove from Orlando to Kansas City, Kansas City to DC, DC to NYC, NYC to Orlando... We wanted to shoot it...

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

I bought a 2006 montecarlo ss ls4 car for $8500, i dont know how flexible your budget is, but let me tell you its as good as a daily driver gets, I'm 1000% happy.........

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i know i say this every time somebody asks but i'm really happy with my 4cylinder G6. gets 35mpg, has incredible interior space (i'm 6'5" and i don't have to put the front seat all the way back to be comfortable and there's still good legroom behind me), has good trunk space for it's size, easy to do tune ups and general maintenance on. and i'm pretty sure that you could find one with decent miles on it for around $6k.

Red
    2001 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

94-97 4.6l Ford T-Bird! They usually sell for pretty cheap, they ride awesome (IRS), 2 door, rear seating is pretty roomy, nice interior for year, 4.6l's last forever (besides intake manifold coolant leak issues, some years, easy fix). There not that fast, high 15's low 16's 1/4 mile, but can be had for like $1,500 - $2,000.

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

the impys are fucking awesome but just a bit out of my range for price. im gonna pay cash for the car. whatever i get for my truck when i sell it i'll put on another car. cant afford another payment.
    Why don't you put your truck on the internet (craigs) and see what people would trade you for it? That's what i have done with my daily drivers for the past two years. Traded them all even up, i don't pay sales tax when i trade in PA. Not only that if you don't like it you can trade it again! I am on my 6th DD since '08. I trade 'em clean 'em beat 'em & trade 'em again...

Thread Information