Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new DD!!

Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar

Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

Smile My new DD!!

After driving this sh*t-box Cavalier for the last 5 years, I realized I desperately needed a new car.

So I picked this up last Friday '98 Grand Prix "Daytona 500 Pace Car Ed." #562 of 1500. Supercharged 3.8, fully loaded, 144,000 miles.

I love this thing! For having 144,000 miles on it, the thing runs like a champ. I never realized how much snot these things had! The rocker panels are rusted pretty bad though, it was originally a New York car so I guess that's why. It needs a good buffing, but the outside of the car looks really nice, and the interior is very clean. Aside from the rockers being rusted (which I will probably fix over the winter) I don't think I did too bad for $2700. You don't get much for that price anymore these days. What do you guys think?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Well it is missing sunoco stickers

Green
    1996 Acura Integra

Looks like it used to have a car phone lol. Nice find. Get under her and seek out all rust. New England states use a LOT of salt on the roads. The car washes had frame sprayers to help wash it off. You seem to have the attitude that you can fix it. Good price that would be about $3500 here with out having low mileage (for the year model) and being a Daytona 500 Pace Car Edition. Probably adds a couple of hundred to the price.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Nice ride. My friend has a 99 GPGT that same color and she loves her car.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

very nice! its hard to find those pace cars, especially at that price. throw a 3.5 pulley, an airbox and catback with a downpipe, and you'll have a low 14 second car.

red
    95 Z28

Definitely a step up from the cavalier. Keep an eye on intake gaskets, they have a tendency to leak on those cars.

And dont put any damn stickers on that car. Better yet, throw a smaller pulley on it, with cold air intake.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

In the cav. picture. How the hell did you manage to get the stickers on the wheels both up? Or were they just put on?

Looks like that one was garage kept too. Nice clear headlights.

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

those 3.8's are sleepers, i had a Regal GS for a little while. Threw a hot air intake on it, resonator delete, and a light tune changing shift points with a friends tuning program and went 14.6 at 93mph on a shitty tire. With headers, u-bend delete and a smaller pulley you can run mid-high 13's no problem!

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    those 3.8's are sleepers, i had a Regal GS for a little while. Threw a hot air intake on it, resonator delete, and a light tune changing shift points with a friends tuning program and went 14.6 at 93mph on a shitty tire. With headers, u-bend delete and a smaller pulley you can run mid-high 13's no problem!
    never heard of one of these!!!!

Red
    1999 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    never heard of one of these!!!!
    it's just a generic tube with a cone filter on the end, replacing the stock airbox lol. nothing fancy.

if you do this, you will hear that eaton supercharger screeeeeeam, it's freakin fun

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by Poppn View Post
    it's just a generic tube with a cone filter on the end, replacing the stock airbox lol. nothing fancy.

if you do this, you will hear that eaton supercharger screeeeeeam, it's freakin fun
    lol yea but HOT AIR, didnt you mean cold air lol j/w

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

no he meant what he said. Cold air implies air coming from outside the car. Hot air means it gets it's air from under the hood. A CAI on my saturn, for example, would snake it's way down into the bumper area. A "short ram" or hot intake takes the air from the factory airbox location with no snorkels or provisions to get cooler air from outside the car. A REAL hot intake is pretty much just clamping a filter to the TB. which is also common on Saturns as they are speed density and have no need to worry about those MAF thingies.

dbl clutch'n like i shld WICKEDLS1's Avatar

sebring silver
    Y2K SS CAMARO

thats definately a big step up from the caviler but just out of curiousity how many hp did those sunoco stickers give you??

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Man LoneGunman, you just moved up a notch in my book. That puts you at notch 1.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

nice. tons of mods out there for the series 2 3.8 super. there's a fella in ohio that runs 10 second passes in his daily driver bonneville.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by LSCyaL8R View Post
    no he meant what he said. Cold air implies air coming from outside the car. Hot air means it gets it's air from under the hood. A CAI on my saturn, for example, would snake it's way down into the bumper area. A "short ram" or hot intake takes the air from the factory airbox location with no snorkels or provisions to get cooler air from outside the car. A REAL hot intake is pretty much just clamping a filter to the TB. which is also common on Saturns as they are speed density and have no need to worry about those MAF thingies.
    Oh ok just making sure lol, wasnt for sure if it was a typo or something.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by LoneGunman View Post
    After driving this sh*t-box Cavalier for the last 5 years, I realized I desperately needed a new car.

Click for full size

So I picked this up last Friday '98 Grand Prix "Daytona 500 Pace Car Ed." #562 of 1500. Supercharged 3.8, fully loaded, 144,000 miles.

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

Click for full size

I love this thing! For having 144,000 miles on it, the thing runs like a champ. I never realized how much snot these things had! The rocker panels are rusted pretty bad though, it was originally a New York car so I guess that's why. It needs a good buffing, but the outside of the car looks really nice, and the interior is very clean. Aside from the rockers being rusted (which I will probably fix over the winter) I don't think I did too bad for $2700. You don't get much for that price anymore these days. What do you guys think?
    wow thats a nice ride congrats

Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar

Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

Thanks guys! I would like to do a few mods to it, nothing major just a few more ponies I guess I just got finished tearing all the unused rigged up stereo wiring out of it 10 minutes ago. I went to the store to get a soda, and on the way home I hit a deer. I am so F'ING PISSED!!

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

WAT??!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information