Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Thumbs down My girl scared me with a comment she made today.

We were talking on the phone and she said "she wanted a guy that was wealthy so she would not have to work". Man that comment kind of seemed out of line, What do you guys think? Is this a red flag of sorts?
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 07-08-2008 at 06:09 PM.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Depends on where it came from.. how her tone/mood was.. etc.. and if there are other comments... but might want to watch out for golddigger traits...
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
    Depends on where it came from.. how her tone/mood was.. etc.. and if there are other comments... but might want to watch out for golddigger traits...
    Well man I asked if she really felt like that and she said yes so........ that made me a little uneasy

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well.. everyone wants to have the security of not having to stress over bills and get what they want.. but to be serious enough to get it.. thats a whole nothing story... mabe its a phase? Or a test?

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    We were talking on the phone and she said "she wanted a guy that was wealthy so she would not have to work". Man that comment kind of seemed out of line, What do you guys think? Is this a red flag of sorts?
    Been there.

I brought my then girlfriend to my firm’s Christmas party a couple of years ago. She met my director’s wife, who does not work and told me that night that she wanted to be a trophy wife like his wife. Considering where I am going in my career, she thought that I would provide that kind of life for her.

Now, this is a girl that has a graduate degree and comes from a single mother home that taught her to work for what you want. Her mother, who finished college and grad school with two young children, looked at my girlfriend like she was stupid when she told her about her plans.

Don’t get me wrong, it is my plan to earn more than enough to allow my wife to stay home but I don’t think it is a good idea that she does. I want a woman that is more independent than that.

White
    '10 ZR1

It all depends on what you want - if you can handle her wanting that........and then marrying her.......and then knocking her up........and (God forbid) if you ever split up, supporting her long after the break up because she hasn't been working............

hell - to me that's a HUGE red flag - that attitude will show it's self again one day.......sorry man.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    It all depends on what you want - if you can handle her wanting that........and then marrying her.......and then knocking her up........and (God forbid) if you ever split up, supporting her long after the break up because she hasn't been working............

hell - to me that's a HUGE red flag - that attitude will show it's self again one day.......sorry man.
    yeah I see your point man that statement really made me fill uneasy, I just dont like that type of mindset at all, and man Ive been good to her.............

My girlfriend is the same way. She'd rather stay home with the kids and me bring home the money. But, on the other hand, she understands that thats not possible right now so she has a job and works her butt off. Id actually like it if she didnt have to work.
    Oh, and I know what you mean about being good to her... They always seem to want more though.
    Last edited by stang5_o2002; 07-08-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Black
    00 BLK T/A W/ 315'S

I would need to see pic's of her before I could tell you whether it's a"red flag" situation.

Red
    2001 Trash Can

yeah I see your point man that statement really made me fill uneasy, I just dont like that type of mindset at all, and man Ive been good to her.............
    Kind of a tough one...What context was it used in? Like even if she was serious, was it more of a request/ dream/ want, or was it a DEMAND!!!??? Is it your plan to get married, because you definately do not wanna marry a control freak that is gonna make you miserable, and knows that you'll do whatever for her.

Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything for my girl, but she has never once used her pussy power on me in over 5 years lol. We both tend to argue things to a mutual status, therefore making it tough for me to really give you advice, but if she ever gets like that I wouldn't be happy.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

Man screw that. I have no idea why a woman would want to sit at home all day besides shes just lazy. I can understand if you want to raise your kids but other than that Im clueless. I would lose my mind if I just sat around the house watching tv. Or even worse maybe she wants you to work while shes hanging out at the spa and flirting with the pool boy.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

If shes actually serious about that, then yes, HUGE fucking flag.

Now I think its different if you already have kids... then there is more to it then being a lazy gold digger.

Or if she was joking about it, no big deal. But if thats what she really wants, then do all of us men a favor, and burn half her face off so she can't pull off the trophy wife thing. (ok not seriously, but I mean, fuck chicks that think like that)

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 01ws6er View Post
    Kind of a tough one...What context was it used in? Like even if she was serious, was it more of a request/ dream/ want, or was it a DEMAND!!!??? Is it your plan to get married, because you definately do not wanna marry a control freak that is gonna make you miserable, and knows that you'll do whatever for her.

Don't get me wrong, I'd do anything for my girl, but she has never once used her pussy power on me in over 5 years lol. We both tend to argue things to a mutual status, therefore making it tough for me to really give you advice, but if she ever gets like that I wouldn't be happy.
    see post 3 in this thread.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Fuck her. Then drop her off on the side of the road.

White
    '10 ZR1

here's another element to this..........if multiple kids end up being involved and IF your g/f doesn't have any skills or doesn't have an education, a lot of times women are better off staying home taking care of the kids because of the cost of daycare makes having a medium paying job not even worth it.........IF she does have an education, it just shows she doesn't have any ambition.........is that the type of person YOU want? That's what most of it boils down to - what you want, and what you can tolerate......

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

guys we dont have any kids and are not married, but she's been pushing the whole marriage thing alot, and comments like this are starting to scare me. I just got my electrical engineering degree last year and I am considering going to law school for the intellectual properties(patent attoney) program, I'm just trying to get my carrier path together right now.
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 07-08-2008 at 07:22 PM.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3