Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

My First Ticket, GRRR

I got pulled over for having a liscense plate bracket, a chrome one that says Trans Am on it, really awesome. Well it covers the county name on the plate. Assfuck pulled me over for it! Then I talked myself into getting the speeding ticket on top of that. It was a bs reason to pull me over. Red sports car is like a fucking lightbub for moths when it comes to cops. Debating on fighting it, he claims I was going 5mph faster than what my speedo showed. His radar might be off calibration. 130 shamloians down the drain, and just wait till insurance hears this.

I REALLY think the main thing besides my mouth, was me being three counties away, out of towners get shlepted!

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

cities want more revenue so guess who gets fcked?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I received a similar ticket about 3 or 4 years ago (My first).

The cop clocked me doing 58 in a 45, and asked me twice if I knew why I was being pulled over. I responded "No sir" both times.

I think because unlike most people I didn't admit to anything (Like, "er um speeding lol sorry?"), he only gave a warning for the speeding.

However he did cite me for my license plate frame (Chevy racing one from Autozone ).

The fine was initially around $80 for that but after talking with the prosecutor, she agreed with my argument and reduced the fine to $25.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

while i understand that by law you are supposed to have all writing on your plate visable, that is a frivolous ticket...

My real question is do states have a good reason why they don't want to do away with front plates? Just peaks my curiousity.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLS1 View Post
    while i understand that by law you are supposed to have all writing on your plate visable, that is a frivolous ticket...

My real question is do states have a good reason why they don't want to do away with front plates? Just peaks my curiousity.
    I talked this over with a Texas State Trooper one time He said states like Texas require em to help law enforcement identify vehicles faster. I asked him really, if a vehicle is going 75mph past you, do you really think I believe you can see their plate and get an accurat read in daylight not even asking if it can be don at night. He said no, but that is what he was taught. And also it gives them a reson to charge more.

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

and they will nail you for it. some cities are more laid back than others about it, but its not worth chancing.

Awaiting Activation

Probable cause is all it is. Just another reason to pull you over and 'interact'

I've been told by many a LEO that they don't have quotas but they have to have so many public interactions per month, and the plate is one way to interact legally.

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Quote Originally Posted by Grimpala View Post
    Probable cause is all it is. Just another reason to pull you over and 'interact'

I've been told by many a LEO that they don't have quotas but they have to have so many public interactions per month, and the plate is one way to interact legally.
    Why don't they just patrol the neighborhoods in the evening and strike up a converstation with someone mowing the law or something.

Ask if they've had any problems in the neighborhood, but no, people are TOO fuckin lazy.

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

ya maybe you shoulda kept your mouth shut bro...lol

None

Quote Originally Posted by allbaugh_04 View Post
    Why don't they just patrol the neighborhoods in the evening and strike up a converstation with someone mowing the law or something.

Ask if they've had any problems in the neighborhood, but no, people are TOO fuckin lazy.

1978 Corvette

NEVER talk to an officer except....

Yes sir
    No sir

Officer: Do you know how fast you were going?
    You: No Sir.

People get caught in that all the time, don't tell him you were going 10 over

Another

Officer: Do you know why I pulled you over
    You: No sir

Umm I rolled thru the stop sign

'99 -- Z/28 -- Pewter

hrm.. last 3 times I've been pulled over and went ahead and told them why they had pulled me over, they let me off with warnings. 2 of the occasions were with speeds in excess of 30 over the speed limit, and the third was for (on GSXR1000) 157 in a 65 (long story on getting let off for that one).

But, each time I was asked the famous question "son, do you know why i pulled you over?"
    "Yes officer, i know exactly why you pulled me over *insert why here*"

Maybe they let me go for being so brutally honest with them. who knows

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Cops deal w/ pricks daily giving him shit only hurts you, no sir yes sir get it done with then fight it. Hopefully he does not remember you or postpone it as long as possible.

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Pulled over 6 times, none on my record because of heeding this advice.

http://lifehacker.com/software/cars/...ces-208611.php

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I got pulled over for having a liscense plate bracket, a chrome one that says Trans Am on it, really awesome. Well it covers the county name on the plate. Assfuck pulled me over for it! Then I talked myself into getting the speeding ticket on top of that. It was a bs reason to pull me over. Red sports car is like a fucking lightbub for moths when it comes to cops. Debating on fighting it, he claims I was going 5mph faster than what my speedo showed. His radar might be off calibration. 130 shamloians down the drain, and just wait till insurance hears this.

I REALLY think the main thing besides my mouth, was me being three counties away, out of towners get shlepted!
    That sucks man. Usually they'll let you slide on five over. I know they dont have to but usually still do. What the heck did you say? Or was it how you said it? Cops sometimes get pissed if ya get cocky. I got a "noise pollution" ticket once in my tuner car. Cop actually got on his hands and knees to check for my cat! I said somethin' smart assed about it. His face turned red. Started siteing vehicle codes, questioned my emissions "exempt" sticker, ran my VIN. Had me sittin' on the side of the road while he checked over my car.
    All BS but I never should have opened my mouth.LOL

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I received a similar ticket about 3 or 4 years ago (My first).

The cop clocked me doing 58 in a 45, and asked me twice if I knew why I was being pulled over. I responded "No sir" both times.

I think because unlike most people I didn't admit to anything (Like, "er um speeding lol sorry?"), he only gave a warning for the speeding.

However he did cite me for my license plate frame (Chevy racing one from Autozone ).

The fine was initially around $80 for that but after talking with the prosecutor, she agreed with my argument and reduced the fine to $25.
    I always tell them the answer. Hell, we both know it. He pulled me over for it, I obviously knew what I was doing was wrong. I have NEVER gotten a ticket. Ever. Been pulled over for,

2 Running a red/Yellow light
    2 Seat belt tickets
    2 Speeding. 82 in a 70 and 84 in a 70
    1 Squealing of tires (whatever that is called) I did it RIGHT in front of a cop. I pulled over before he even had a chance to turn his flashers on. He laughed at that.

Everytime they ask me, I tell them. It works for me. What also works so very well for me is keeping at least 400 rounds of hand gun ammo in my car at all times. I sometimes keep a few scattered around my car loose. Trust me on this. It might sound dumb, buts its perfectly legal. The last seat belt ticket, 2 speeding ticket and one red light ticket, I had over 400 rounds of .40 cal and .44 Mag ammo in my car. Right when they see that handgun ammo, there minds are COMPLETELY of the idea of why they pulled you over and all they wann do is search your car. Thats fine, I aint hiding shit. This is where part two comes in.

An 2nd officer will always be called. Always. One of them stands back with you as you casually sit on the hood of a patrol car. Usually having to explain in great detail on how to open the trunk of a 06 Grand Prix. You stand back there, completely polite and friendly. Shoot the shit with them talk about anything. When they dont find anything, they all start shooting the shit with you, and usually ends up talking about pistols and where to go to ranges. By then you have massaged the idea of giving you a 12-15 MPH over speeding ticket right out of thier heads.

At this moment, I have a 250 pack of .40 cal and a few loose straglers up front. Say what you will, it work great. Sure, it costs me 20 minutes of my time for the search, but its worth it so far.

Then for all others, they were when I was younger. I ALWAYS used the same excuse. As well as in high school, I got into so much trouble... but got out of all of it with this.

"Im just pissed off, I found out yesterday my step-dad has been cheating on my mother for months and now we are probably going to lose are house" Add in a big ole sob story with that. That excuse got me out of one of the greatest hiests of all time IMO. CLiff notes on that, I knew a kid that worked at a pharmacy. I got a certified docters slip/drug note saying I had severe anxiety and could not sit still for extended periods of time. This single note, got me out of 3 classes per day for at least a half hour at a time. Everyone in school/class knew it, and were jealous as shit. Im played that anxiety card for the whole school year untill that 3rd to last week of class. I got back and my dumb bitch of a math teacher asked me what kind of anxiety I had etc. I had no idea and bombed the question. That was considered a federal offense becuase I forged an actuals docters signature.

That was a lot of typing. But you get the idea.

Easy as pie

Give me a place to stand. levityinc3's Avatar

Red
    2000 SS '89 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    I always tell them the answer. Hell, we both know it. He pulled me over for it, I obviously knew what I was doing was wrong. I have NEVER gotten a ticket. Ever. Been pulled over for,

2 Running a red/Yellow light
    2 Seat belt tickets
    2 Speeding. 82 in a 70 and 84 in a 70
    1 Squealing of tires (whatever that is called) I did it RIGHT in front of a cop. I pulled over before he even had a chance to turn his flashers on. He laughed at that.

Everytime they ask me, I tell them. It works for me. What also works so very well for me is keeping at least 400 rounds of hand gun ammo in my car at all times. I sometimes keep a few scattered around my car loose. Trust me on this. It might sound dumb, buts its perfectly legal. The last seat belt ticket, 2 speeding ticket and one red light ticket, I had over 400 rounds of .40 cal and .44 Mag ammo in my car. Right when they see that handgun ammo, there minds are COMPLETELY of the idea of why they pulled you over and all they wann do is search your car. Thats fine, I aint hiding shit. This is where part two comes in.

An 2nd officer will always be called. Always. One of them stands back with you as you casually sit on the hood of a patrol car. Usually having to explain in great detail on how to open the trunk of a 06 Grand Prix. You stand back there, completely polite and friendly. Shoot the shit with them talk about anything. When they dont find anything, they all start shooting the shit with you, and usually ends up talking about pistols and where to go to ranges. By then you have massaged the idea of giving you a 12-15 MPH over speeding ticket right out of thier heads.

At this moment, I have a 250 pack of .40 cal and a few loose straglers up front. Say what you will, it work great. Sure, it costs me 20 minutes of my time for the search, but its worth it so far.

Then for all others, they were when I was younger. I ALWAYS used the same excuse. As well as in high school, I got into so much trouble... but got out of all of it with this.

"Im just pissed off, I found out yesterday my step-dad has been cheating on my mother for months and now we are probably going to lose are house" Add in a big ole sob story with that. That excuse got me out of one of the greatest hiests of all time IMO. CLiff notes on that, I knew a kid that worked at a pharmacy. I got a certified docters slip/drug note saying I had severe anxiety and could not sit still for extended periods of time. This single note, got me out of 3 classes per day for at least a half hour at a time. Everyone in school/class knew it, and were jealous as shit. Im played that anxiety card for the whole school year untill that 3rd to last week of class. I got back and my dumb bitch of a math teacher asked me what kind of anxiety I had etc. I had no idea and bombed the question. That was considered a federal offense becuase I forged an actuals docters signature.

That was a lot of typing. But you get the idea.

Easy as pie

Hahaha. That was definitely worth the read.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    That sucks man. Usually they'll let you slide on five over. I know they dont have to but usually still do. What the heck did you say? Or was it how you said it? Cops sometimes get pissed if ya get cocky. I got a "noise pollution" ticket once in my tuner car. Cop actually got on his hands and knees to check for my cat! I said somethin' smart assed about it. His face turned red. Started siteing vehicle codes, questioned my emissions "exempt" sticker, ran my VIN. Had me sittin' on the side of the road while he checked over my car.
    All BS but I never should have opened my mouth.LOL
    He told me right away, "How's it going tonight sir? I said, fine, he said, I pulled you over for your cover." I was in a shitty mood, I said are you telling me you can't figure out my county via the top 2/3 of the letters, and he said well the registration sticker is covered to, I pointed out you can see the fucking color of it, what is the point of new colors every year if you are just going to READ it?? Plus I said he can look it up in his computer anyways.

As for the sob story, I said I just got out of college, and I am drive an hour and a half to third shift work in a factory right now. I haven;t slept, and I just wanted to get there in time to stop for some food. Didn't work! It was a sherrif to, elected by people in his county not mine, so he doesn;t give a shit about me. I also pointed out his radar was off and that since he paced me for a while had he taken the opportunity to glance at his speedometer maybe he would have realized that. Now I am paranoid he is going to have it in for me,

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

He told me right away, "How's it going tonight sir? I said, fine, he said, I pulled you over for your cover." I was in a shitty mood, I said are you telling me you can't figure out my county via the top 2/3 of the letters, and he said well the registration sticker is covered to, I pointed out you can see the fucking color of it, what is the point of new colors every year if you are just going to READ it?? Plus I said he can look it up in his computer anyways.

As for the sob story, I said I just got out of college, and I am drive an hour and a half to third shift work in a factory right now. I haven;t slept, and I just wanted to get there in time to stop for some food. Didn't work! It was a sherrif to, elected by people in his county not mine, so he doesn;t give a shit about me. I also pointed out his radar was off and that since he paced me for a while had he taken the opportunity to glance at his speedometer maybe he would have realized that. Now I am paranoid he is going to have it in for me,
    Dude, Im sorry to say, but your 1st and 2nd mistake was being a dick to the cop. Sure you want to be, but when your in the situation, it really pays off(as in, not having to pay) to just STFU for 10 minutes and chill. Things probably would have went better for you.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Let me re-do this converstation the way it should have gone:

"How's it going tonight sir?

Not too bad, cant complain. Heading to the most wondeful shift in the world, 3rd shift. Just got done with school and was on my way to eat some grub before slaving at that factory.

Its not that hard to swallow your bad mood for a few minutes for a slight chance you wont have to swallow a few hundred dollar ticket. Thats just me though, carry on.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information