red
    02 trans am ws6

my dad retires in a year...

I was trying to find something that gives back something to the man thats givin me everything... So I ben thinking my dad has ben there thru everything and has supported me in every choice, and in a year he retires, so what do you get him? My earliest memories are a wedding reception we went too. Two dozen of his co workers had corvettes, older ones 70's style, he took me out and showed me everyone. Last week my parents came to visit (I live 700 miles away) he couldn't stop talking about the vettes he seen on the way down. So tonite I did it, put my selfishness aside and bought him a 76 stingray. It neeDs interior work but hell I have a year. It has a freshed 350 and a 350 turbo trans body is great and I paid 4000 for it. I'm just beside myself. God how it feels to give someone back a fraction of what he gave to you...

Pewter
    2000 SS Camaro

A true gear head, if you ask me thats the best gift you could give him. I would like to know what he said a year from now. I hope my kid gets me a nice car like that when I retire.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

My dad had a 76 Stingray. We've got a full white interior set if you need any parts. He changed it all to black (for good reason, white is hideous!) and then sold the car after re-doing it.

red
    02 trans am ws6

Oh zapper, the car is white now. It needs door panels and the windows. I will pick it up in a week or two. I know the interior is white. I really wanna have the exterior painted red, so does anyone think the interior should be changed to black? or would white do? the seats need redone as well as the carpet. but if you have white interior f&#king awesome. I can't wait either. I told my mom tonite I think shes starten to clean the garage. Man just the feeling. By the way I don't like vettes! But for him the world and a corvette is the cream of the crop for american muscle. Zapper let me know what you have and I'll let you know what I need. Thanks!!

White
    1998 Trans Am

that awesome man, my dads always loved the older vettes too, he broke down about an 80 last year, beautiful car! good call!

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah man keep us updated...great thing youre doing

BlackCherry
    Bad Ass 67 Camaro / 2010

When my Pops retired, I was stationed in Germany.
    I flew home the day before and got a ride down to the cop shop.
    He had no idea I was intown, until I walked in, in my Dress Blues.
    It was the coolest thing.

You got him a good gift.

pie
    free

Awesome. I can't wait to hear how it goes in a year.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

That is fuckin awesome man. You might make the old man tear up! Thats the gift of a lifetime. Make it real nice for him so when he gets it he doesn't have to worry about it being a project for him.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    I was trying to find something that gives back something to the man thats givin me everything... So I ben thinking my dad has ben there thru everything and has supported me in every choice, and in a year he retires, so what do you get him? My earliest memories are a wedding reception we went too. Two dozen of his co workers had corvettes, older ones 70's style, he took me out and showed me everyone. Last week my parents came to visit (I live 700 miles away) he couldn't stop talking about the vettes he seen on the way down. So tonite I did it, put my selfishness aside and bought him a 76 stingray. It neeDs interior work but hell I have a year. It has a freshed 350 and a 350 turbo trans body is great and I paid 4000 for it. I'm just beside myself. God how it feels to give someone back a fraction of what he gave to you...

that is really cool

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I just went and asked my dad what we had. Keep in mind what we've got is used, and If need be i could snap you a few pics. We've got both door panels, upper and lower dash halves, and seat covers, and possibly more. Now without asking him again, and this is going by my memory here, I THINK the previous owner painted/dyed the interior white instead of buckskin, I'd have to get in the attic of the garage and look. However, they are white viny or leather (cant remember for sure) seat covers.

red
    02 trans am ws6

Thats cool, find out what you have. I'm trying to find time to pick it up, might be as soon as next weekend. If you can get pics it would help, price? Thanks.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Post some pics when you get it.

red
    02 trans am ws6

going to pic up the vette tomarrow!!! I will take some pics when I get there and sh!t. I'm so excited! I won't be back til late so I will try to post pics on Sunday.

Thats awesome man, I hope I get a chance to do something like that for my dad too.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by badazta View Post
    Fantastic idea

You should make a documentary of everything you do to it. Make a thread and update it with pics everytime you do something to it. Put it all in an album and give that to him when you give him the car as well.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

this is one of the coolest things ive ever heard! wow, congrats on this man, and youre one helluva person for doing this. i regret all the time the things ive done to my dad in my young age, finally trying to giev him a break.

it would be a neat idea to document it all and give him a sort of scrap book so he can really see how much effort you put into doing this for him. really nice thing your doing.

Thread Information