Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Dad....

Black
    99 Z28

Unhappy My Dad....

Today, the world has lost a wonderful husband, faher and friend. At about 1:30pm, my father passed a way.

He was surrounded by his wife and his children. Love was felt as a presense in his room.

My dad was diagnosed with cancer about 1 year ago. He was a smoker since the age of 8. The cancer was initially in his lung and liver, though in the last few weeks, it seems to have taken over his body. He went through several rounds of treatment of radiation and chemotherapy. The treatments were not successful.

My dad was a really wonderful guy. He would do anything for anyone. He was geat to everyone. He had nothing bad to say about anyone that I ever really remember. He always took great care of us and we always knew that no matter what we did, right or wrong, he always loved us. He always loved everyone.

Members of my Dad's band came by our house today. Friends from his life came by. People I haven't seen in years and some I didn't even recognize that knew me from when I was a child were here. Neighbors were here. Pastors were here. Friends of my siblings were here, they called him Dad as well. My Dad is loved by so many and shared so much love with others. I am sure over the next few days I will probably be overwhelmed by the number of people my father has touched. My Dad played the guitar for his church and his band. He sang as well. His music has touched many people. I know today that if there's a Heaven out there, everyone there is excited for his arrival.

I will miss him greatly. Jo-Lin and I left work yesterday to come be with him this weekend. We expected that he didn't have much longer to live. When I got here, I didn't expect to see him sufferring the way that he was. It was just a few weeks ago that we were camping together. I'm so glad that I went camping on that trip. I'm also glad that I was able to be here yesterday and today. I was able to see first hand the sufferring and while I never would be glad to see someone suffer, seeing how life has been for him for the last week has really given me a huge space for compassion in letting him go. He had asked before we got here yesterday if it was okay for him to go. My Mom was there and she said he could. He waited for all of us and my siblings were all able to spend a few precious moments with him. Although he was mostly incoherent from medications or sleeping, he did know that we were all there, that we all love him and that we are all okay with him going.

I'm terribly sad and I'm also relieved. This is going to be a rough time.

I wanted to share this with all of you.

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

We're here for you man if you need anything. I always say this place is family too. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, may he rest in peace.

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

i am really sorry to hear of your loss......

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i'm sorry for you loss...

QuickSilverMetallic
    2005 GTO M6

Wow.... Im sorry for the pain you and your family are feeling right now. While Im lucky to have both my parents, I did lose a brother many years ago and know the pain of losing someone close, and so important in your life. To say he's no longer suffering does somewhat ease the pain of losing him, but the selfishness in our nature wants to keep them here no matter what. Done be afraid to reach out for a shoulder to cry on man, I still do to this day. Im here if you need an ear brother.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

I'm sorry for your loss and I send you my condolences. I know what you are going through as I lost my wife on June 1st this year. She was only 36 old.
    She had been suffering from cancer for almost three years and she took every possible treatment there was available and she was hoping almost until the end.
    I feel with you, my thoughts and prayers are with you,
    Paul

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

sorry for your loss

Black 00 SS M6, vert, #0540 408ci

DD 2014 Sierra All Terrain

black
    2002 trans am ws6

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

holy cow, that was a hard read

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

sorry to hear. he's in a better place now!

RED
    2001 m6 CAMARO SS-SLP

i am really sorry to hear of your loss
    2001 camaro ss m6 slp options
    slp loud mouth - k&n filter-SLP LID

WE have to fight off a new breed of ricers

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

sorry for your loss. its very hard losing a parent
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Sorry to hear man.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Sorry for your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family. Ive lost many relatives in the same way. Its hard to let them go but if it means they will no longer suffer, thats the best way they could go, in peace.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Best of luck in the next few weeks. They will be tough.
    Sorry to hear.

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

My sympathy in your loss

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Sending prayers and positive thoughts to you and your family.

It sounds like you had a wonderful relationship with your father and shared times together that will forever be with you and keep you close to him.

I know what you mean about the suffering. My father died of Emphysema and heart disease. Also a long time heavy smoker. As cliché as it sounds... he is no longer suffering. There is something about seeing our fathers... the strongest men in our lives have to go through that... And then, you just know...

Keep strong for your Mom, She'll need that. And, your Dad will be with you where ever you go, whatever you do, because he is in your heart forever

Sorry to hear. I lost my father in June to the same thing. If you need something let me know, I'll do what I can.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Sorry to hear about your dad. It's a tough thing to go through for sure. I lost my dad to cancer 2 years ago. I either read or heard something once that stuck in my mind. "We mourn for our own selfish reasons." Meaning your ( and my) dad is in a better place and the suffering has ended. The mourning process is now for you and not for him. It's an important piece of the puzzle to healing. Life is never the same. I lost my mom a year later and there's rarely a day that goes by I don't think of her or my dad. It's important to remember them and the good times you had together. That's their legacy....your memory of them that you can pass down to your kids.

Black
    99 Z28

Wow guys, thanks for all the support.

Today has been a rough day. Following everything yesterday, I have had one of my mom's dog's put down. (That's something that has also been coming for a while, but he had just gotten to the point where he can't really walk, couldn't see and keeping him around was getting to be more and more difficult to see). I just buried her dog a few minutes ago. Losing someone is terribly hard, but seeing my Mom going through this is what is making it rough. She is holding up well, but it's rough.
    Last edited by DrMilhouse; 10-06-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information