Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my 2014 bid for "father of the year" is upon us.......

Ok....it's that time of the year. Time for me to start making my push for father of the year.

I take Zach to school because it's like 2 miles up the road. Road is way too busy for him to walk it or that's what he'd be doing plus there's no sidewalks out here. He rides the bus home because that's usually Pickle's nap time and I'm not waking him up just to go get Zach when the bus is here 5 minutes after he gets out of school. So Zach is on the bus a total of 5 minutes.
    He comes in today and tells me two boys are picking on him and they're 6th and 7th graders, Zach is in 5th grade. They keep thumping him on the forehead and one holds his hands so the other one can thump him. My wife's first instinct is to call the school but that's the wrong move IMO. You don't want to be the school rat. When I was in school the worst thing you could be was someone that ran to the teacher. What I told him to do was when they did it Monday to pick out the biggest one and start kicking his ass. Zach isn't the least bit scared of them. He just doesn't want to get in trouble at school. I told him to expect the other kid to throw punches but he needs to punch him in the face hard and often. I'll be waiting for him in the drive Monday.

red
    95 Z28

I'd like to think I'd tell any kid of mine to do the same thing, but nowadays I admit I would hesitate, with so many schools willing to expel kids for far less. And with so many screwed up kids willing to bring guns back to school to solve their issues...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    I'd like to think I'd tell any kid of mine to do the same thing, but nowadays I admit I would hesitate, with so many schools willing to expel kids for far less. And with so many screwed up kids willing to bring guns back to school to solve their issues...
    I kinda thought about all of that and over the course of the weekend who knows.....I might change my mind on telling him what to do. 2 years ago he was in sorta the same situation with a kid on the bus. The kid told him to get up because he wanted Zach's seat and Zach said no so the kid (who was bigger) pulled Zach out of the seat into the aisle. Zach got back up and busted the kids nose. No more problems with him after that. Kinda the same thing here....Zach's not scared of either one of them but he doesn't want to get in trouble. I just think he needs to stand up for himself. A teacher to run too or a mommy to tell isn't always gonna be there.
    The first thing I told him was on Monday when they did it to ask them "How's it gonna look when a 5th grader kicks your ass?" and not act on it Monday but if they did it on Tuesday to kick his ass then but then I thought that if he says that it gives the other kid the perfect opportunity to pop Zach first. If they're older and bigger the best thing to do is just start beating his ass right out of the gate without a warning. I would almost tell him to pop the guy holding his hands and not the one thumping him as he's the one that probably needs it most. Zach told me this has been going on for a few weeks. He laughed it off at first but they've gotten worse and won't stop. It's time to take care of it. I wish Chloe was on the bus with him No doubt in my mind she would've kicked someone's ass weeks ago. She has way less tolerance for bullshit than he does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    Don't worry about understanding women. Women understand women, and they hate each other

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I wish Chloe was on the bus with him No doubt in my mind she would've kicked someone's ass weeks ago. She has way less tolerance for bullshit than he does.
    That was my first thought That Chloe of yours... a girl after my own heart

98 Formula
    06 duramax

she's in an indoor soccer league now ( has a game in the morning) and the first game we went too she found out she was playing against boys. She was worried about it at first and I told her " you're still bigger and stronger than most of them.....don't treat them any different than the girls". It took her all of 5 minutes before she threw the first elbow into one. I really want to sign her up for pee wee football. I might just have to piss the wife off on this one. Chloe only has a window where she can do this stuff because she's either gonna grow out of it or eventually the boys will get too big and rough for her to handle but for right now I'd put her up against any boy her age or a year or two older. I've seen her grab Zach around the thighs and pick him up then plant him on his head in the living room floor when they're fighting over something. She goes for blood.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

It took a whole 5 minutes, huh?

I'd say that if it's something she has brought up and has shown an interest in, then why not. Because like you say, at her age, now is the only time it's really feasible. A cool story to tell her own kids some day But I don't think I'd try to talk her into it. She would probably be a target at some point and may end up getting hurt.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

IIRC, the Monday is Presidents Day and there won't be any school. You'll have to wait til Tuesday...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

shit....you're right and they're off Tuesday for a teachers meeting deal so it'll be Wed. before Zach gets to pop some 6th or 7th grader in the face. I decided I'm going to give him the choice on what to do. If he wants me to take care of it I will be if he'd rather do it himself I'll let him. I already know his answer but I want it to be his choice to pop someone in the face and not me telling him too.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think that is the best way to handle that particular situation. As long as he knows you've got his back, it should be up to him.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Might I suggest one thing: You call the school that afternoon late in the day (so there isn't time for them to do anything about it) and let them know that your son is being bullied by two older kids on the bus. That way, when Zach plows the kid the school knows up front that he isn't the aggressor. He'll probably still get in trouble, but not quite as much. Just a thought.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    IIRC, the Monday is Presidents Day and there won't be any school. You'll have to wait til Tuesday...
    Mine have school. They have Mardi Gras off so this is one that is swapped out in place.

The kids are praying they have no more ice days otherwise they start having to make up.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Mine have school. They have Mardi Gras off so this is one that is swapped out in place.

The kids are praying they have no more ice days otherwise they start having to make up.
    Mardi Gras swapped out for Presidents day as a school holiday... Somehow this doesn't surprise me. We used to get a day off for both Lincoln and Washington's birthdays when I was in school.

Navy Blue Metallic

my 2014 bid for "father of the year" is upon us.......

Little know fact Mardi Gras was started in Mobile AL and surrounding area. It spread to NO a while after.

MG is a huge deal here. Not as slutty as NO but just as fun.
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Mardi Gras swapped out for Presidents day as a school holiday... Somehow this doesn't surprise me. We used to get a day off for both Lincoln and Washington's birthdays when I was in school.
    that's because they were still alive...... Sorry....I couldn't just let that sit there like that.

Navy Blue Metallic

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I wouldnt recommend him beating the kid up. That was the way to do it at one point in time but that time has come and gone...kids who do that these days get suspended in a flash. I know exactly why you recommended it and I dont blame you at all...but these days people freak out about stuff like this.
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 02-17-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Plus in a few years the kid will magically get ahold of some illegal guns and go nuts over some kid standing up to him

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    that's because they were still alive...... Sorry....I couldn't just let that sit there like that.
    And they were mighty fine fellows, too

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

My boss' kid had a similar situation. A couple of kids was thumping him in the back of the head on the bus. He asked them to quit. Then they started making fun of him for asking to quit and still thumping him. It went on for several days. One day he turned around and grab one and pulled him it to his seat and beat his ass.

There was video on the bus that showed they had been picking on him for days. The teachers and principal all said they understood why he did it and didn't blame him but their hands were tied. He still got suspended but the other kids got suspended longer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information