Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

mustang thread....

I was reading the kill section on a different board while ago because I go to that particular kill section and read because it's amusing to say the least. I go there just for the humor. I don't post. I just read and laugh usually. I don't even read the kill section here normally. Just that one.
    Anyhow, I'm reading a kill and watch all the guys start coming down on mustangs and mustang drivers. One guy said most mustang guys don't know anything about cars. I understand the rivalry and I'm a GM guy through and through but that's a retarded statement. You're coming down on a guy because of the car he drives. It got me to thinking about my own mustang experience many years ago. My older brother had an 85 GT. We used to get a case of beer and cruise the strip racing it all night long ( I know the whole drinking and driving thing but it was 22 years ago and we were a lot dumber back then. ). Anyhow, we raced that thing all night long several days a week and I don't remember losing one single race. In 1985 the GT was almost top dog on the streets. There really wasn't much in the way of stock cars at the time that would outrun it. We raced a few older cars that had mods and would kick their ass too. Does that mean his car was the fastest thing on the streets?? Hell no, but in 1985 if you had a mustang GT you almost owned the stop lights.
    Now this douche in the kill story has a car that's a pretty capable performer on the streets stock thinks mustang guys don't know cars because the mustangs are typically slower in stock form than his car. Where was he in 1985??

black
    98 WS6

probably wasn't even born yet

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    probably wasn't even born yet

SOM
    2002 firebird formula

lol ive been told by more then one mustang driver that it was"too bad i didnt have a trans am because those have the LS1 in them, and the LS1 is fast!" hell, ive even had a couple of other imports literally tell me that my car is a v6 b/c its a formula and not a trans am....

black
    98 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 02Ls1Formula View Post
    lol ive been told by more then one mustang driver that it was"too bad i didnt have a trans am because those have the LS1 in them, and the LS1 is fast!" hell, ive even had a couple of other imports literally tell me that my car is a v6 b/c its a formula and not a trans am....
    is that why you put "Ls1" in your nick?

J/K
    I don't expect people know everything about fbodys just like I shouldn't be expected to know everything about hondas

98 Formula
    06 duramax

most of the time it's knowledge by necessity. Most people don't have the need or desire to learn cars. Not everyone is a gearhead. It doesn't matter what make of car you drive. There are wrench turners and there are people that like fast cars but don't have the desire to work on them. I was talking to a kid a few months ago. He comes from money and races his car auto-x all over the country. He knew I had the gto and asked a few questions about it then I started telling him about the stuff I done to my bird. We talked a while and I asked what motor he had in his car......he didn't know. He dropped the car off at a speed shop, paid them a huge chunk of cash, and left with a racecar. He likes to drive 'em but doesn't like to work on them. No harm in that, just different backgrounds. I didn't have the money angle going for me growing up. If something on the car needed fixed I fixed it. My dad would spend the time to teach me how to fix stuff and I learned it by trial and error usually. I remember sitting under the hood of my 75 cutlas in a rain storm swapping out a fuel pump once. I had to, didn't have any other way to get to work the next day.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

think your iroc woulda smoked him?

Red
    Vette,240sx,ls1 camaro

A buddy of mine has a 90's model Mustang. The fastest Street car I know of around me.

Here is his myspace. Check out his video's He daily drives this car. Stock 302 bottom end with a 90mm Turbo. Made 590 RWHP and I have seen him run 6.70's at the local 1/8 mile track.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...9-2c674da5b0d5

The 1 and the ONLY Mustang I like and will EVER like!!!! It really is a nice peice of machinery for a FORD.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    My dad would spend the time to teach me how to fix stuff and I learned it by trial and error usually. I remember sitting under the hood of my 75 cutlas in a rain storm swapping out a fuel pump once. I had to, didn't have any other way to get to work the next day.

I hear you loud and clear, my story involves changing a starter on my '72 Chevy pickup in -20 weather for the exact same reason. Everything went great.....until the solenoid wires busted! I froze my a$$ that day!

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I actually like mustangs.
    No shit they are slower stock but they are still tuff cars and I would take a muscle car over any import any day.
    There is a reason why they are still in the market for over 40 years and we had to take a break after 35 years. Maybe they arent that bad. I think they look good, they sound mean as hell and no one keeps there car stock, everyone is going to work on em. I know a guy around here that has an 03 GT with just bolt ons and a new transmissions and runs low 12s N/A.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    I actually like mustangs.
    No shit they are slower stock but they are still tuff cars and I would take a muscle car over any import any day.
    There is a reason why they are still in the market for over 40 years and we had to take a break after 35 years. Maybe they arent that bad. I think they look good, they sound mean as hell and no one keeps there car stock, everyone is going to work on em. I know a guy around here that has an 03 GT with just bolt ons and a new transmissions and runs low 12s N/A.
    I never said all that.

just messign with ya

yes mustangs are slow :P
    324hp/333tq

Wants to be Snowboarding FuhBreezeE's Avatar

Stg IV a4
    '99 TA Ws777

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    He knew I had the gto and asked a few questions about it then I started telling him about the stuff I done to my bird. We talked a while and I asked what motor he had in his car......he didn't know. He dropped the car off at a speed shop, paid them a huge chunk of cash, and left with a racecar. He likes to drive 'em but doesn't like to work on them. No harm in that, just different backgrounds..
    I did that, my father's a mechanic, but I just hand ppl money 95% of the time. Just different lifestyles I guess.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I have to call super bullshit with a 03 with bolt ons and a new tranny running close to that. I raced a 03 GT with a 75 shot of nitrous, off road H-pipe, pulleys, headers and nittos with an auto and I beat him 3 times with 2 diff drivers by about a fender length every time. All I had was a lid, filter, and pulleys. Even now, I can't get low 12's.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 35thAnniZ28 View Post
    think your iroc woulda smoked him?
    sheeeiiit, my roc would've smoked it into the next decade(when they started making cool cars again)

Black
    1994 Z28 SOLD 2000 GT

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    I have to call super bullshit with a 03 with bolt ons and a new tranny running close to that. I raced a 03 GT with a 75 shot of nitrous, off road H-pipe, pulleys, headers and nittos with an auto and I beat him 3 times with 2 diff drivers by about a fender length every time. All I had was a lid, filter, and pulleys. Even now, I can't get low 12's.
    You do not even need a new tranny. Just engine mods and no it can't be done with bolt-ons. But if you have some weight reduction, gears and bolt-ons it will be done. The autos are damn near 3-4 tenths slower in the 1/4 mile.

I'll take your bet if you would like

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Theres idiots of all shapes size's, colors, ages, and brand preferences. However I think that domestic owners for the most part at least have a clue about their cars, some know lots, others know jack shit. some people know all cars.

As far as mustang guys are concerned a 5.0 driver most of the time is way more capable with a wrench than the 4.6 guys are. The 5.0 owner often does his own mods, whereas the 4.6 guys pay. In the 80s the 5.0s ruled the muscle/pony car world and pretty much gave the c4 corvettes hell too. For a damn good price. The fact that their are 5.0s now that are still ruling the streets says something. The car is an old car with old technology yet they stand the test of time. A stroked blown 5.0 is a fast car. It was jus a good platform. So im pretty much flattered when you guys get pissed at 5.0 mustang guys because you guys are comparing a basically new engine to an engine that dates back to the 60's.

ps. fuck you to import snobs lol

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Theres idiots of all shapes size's, colors, ages, and brand preferences. However I think that domestic owners for the most part at least have a clue about their cars, some know lots, others know jack shit. some people know all cars.

As far as mustang guys are concerned a 5.0 driver most of the time is way more capable with a wrench than the 4.6 guys are. The 5.0 owner often does his own mods, whereas the 4.6 guys pay. In the 80s the 5.0s ruled the muscle/pony car world and pretty much gave the c4 corvettes hell too. For a damn good price. The fact that their are 5.0s now that are still ruling the streets says something. The car is an old car with old technology yet they stand the test of time. A stroked blown 5.0 is a fast car. It was jus a good platform. So im pretty much flattered when you guys get pissed at 5.0 mustang guys because you guys are comparing a basically new engine to an engine that dates back to the 60's.

ps. fuck you to import snobs lol
    hey go easy on us modular guys

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by ZAPFOOL!! View Post
    hey go easy on us modular guys
    that was primarily directed at s197 mustang owners but yeah, there are some that do their own pulls and engine work. like guys that blow up lightning motors lol

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Alot of weight reduction and it prolly could be done. Not saying mustangs are shit, because I love the Terminators and would rather see a mustang then an import on the road but I have had my share of run ins with mustangs and I haven't been extremely impressed thus far. I def. understand the tranny really makes no diff. unless the old one was slipping or just worn out.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information