Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Mustang site quotes :

Ford just needs to put a bigger motor in these cars. I love my mustang, but this thing needs at least a 5.0 preferably a 5.4 liter. That was the nice part about the ls1 motor. A few boltons and 350 rwhp was a breeze. Add on a cam swap and a tune and your easily at 375. I for one would like to put a ls1 in my mustang or maybe even an ls2. So, when is ford gonna bring back the 5.0 in the mustang?

How realistic is it to think I could get my '07 GT to push out 375hp at the rear wheels without supercharger/turbo/cams? I was thinking of maxing out on the CAI
    tuner
    UDP
    headers
    high flow cats
    exhaust
    throttle body
    etc. ...
    Am I a newbie moron???

This one takes the cake -

IF you do enough mods to get to 375 N/A you will have voided your powertrain warranty anyway.

Even with Cams, the Racer INtake, under drive, delete plates, and a 93 tune with long tube headers and full exhaust you will fall shy of 350 at the wheels. That is with Stage 3 Cams!

You are looking at minimum a Heads/Cam package with all of the other bolt ons to get there. At that point, with install cost you will be way past $4500. A good set of Long Tubes and X or H-pipe is going to run you into the thousands. Custom tune and intake is goign to be over $500, Throttle Body is $250. UDP's are $200, Delete plates from Steeda are $300.
    That, in parts alone is near $2500 and I hope you are installing it yourself.
    Then the Cams/Lifter package is another $1000
    Follow that up with the $1300/side FRPP heads

Parts cost..... near 6K and you are probably going to be crossing your fingers and hoping for 375hp to the wheels.

Plus the installs say another 2K because some of those items are very time consuming
    $8K total cost

These guys want power yet they buy a motor with what 280 CI ?

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by Danger731 View Post
    Yet they are clamoring for a 5.0 which would be only a minimal increase in CID. If I were a mustang guy I'd be hoping for at least a 5.4. Also, I'd be hoping for a nicely oversquare motor.

Wasn't the old 289 a better motor ?, heck the old GT 350 w a 289 and supercharger stock....

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

this is what i don't understand about mustangs and their owners. the cars sell like frickin hotcakes no matter how many are on the road. the f-body beat them on performance hands down but didn't sell nearly as many units. everyone raves about their stang gt and how awesome it is even when it gets smoked by a stock z/28/formula.

what gives? massive brainwashing? just plain naive? retarded?

always wondered that^ apparently not all buy a car just for performance. not that i am a fan of their appearance. I didnt mind the body style before this new "retro" style. I think the new style is ugly as hell.

They sold more do to advertising, Also ford has less stringent credit standards. It's true. They will put you upside down on a vehichle. ? How many stang adds where there compared to Camaro and Firebird combined !

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

People want something new ... And some dont like driveing a f-body .. I didnt .. And what do you have to choose from... Lucky for me there was a 05 GTO ....

Yeah, I agree that the new mustang bodystyle is awful... BUT I have a 03' Mach 1 and hit 315hp on a mustang dyno with no engine mods. Just boltons like CAI, full exhaust, gears, tune. No cams ud. pullies, headwork or anything. And thats through an auto. So not all are severely underpowered and I weigh in 190lbs. lighter than my friends WS6 full weight. I think my mach is more comfortable than my old trans-am and has less rattles, clanks, roadnoise, etc.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Blk99RamAir View Post
    I think my mach is more comfortable than my old trans-am and has less rattles, clanks, roadnoise, etc.
    Thats what makes it feel like a real car though!

Believe me... I know...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I agree that its because of advertising... I've only seen one F-body commercial in my life... 1995 year model Trans Am, it was black, thats when I fell in love with them

blue
    83 mustang 347

even the almighty 5.0 was under powered.... thats why mine is coming out of my 83 fox and going back in as a 347 stroker. jsut to hold me over until i get my 408 windsor built of course

no more 4th gen secondgearscratch's Avatar

Pewter
    2000 z28

im thinking more people buy stangs because the resale for f bodies is high.

shit, if i couldnt afford an f body i would buy a mustang any day over a honda or toyota.

but the point is i would do a b and e to afford the f body (if i didnt have one already). too sweet to pass up because of a small technicality like being poor.

blue
    83 mustang 347

i picked my mustang up for $700 with a newly rebuilt t5 transmission a good body and a decent motor.. and it still has t-tops

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

the question is why dont Ford make a bigger CID than the 4.6 .
    The answer is they are selling millions of them as is...

blue
    83 mustang 347

This one takes the cake -

IF you do enough mods to get to 375 N/A you will have voided your powertrain warranty anyway.

Even with Cams, the Racer INtake, under drive, delete plates, and a 93 tune with long tube headers and full exhaust you will fall shy of 350 at the wheels. That is with Stage 3 Cams!

You are looking at minimum a Heads/Cam package with all of the other bolt ons to get there. At that point, with install cost you will be way past $4500. A good set of Long Tubes and X or H-pipe is going to run you into the thousands. Custom tune and intake is goign to be over $500, Throttle Body is $250. UDP's are $200, Delete plates from Steeda are $300.
    That, in parts alone is near $2500 and I hope you are installing it yourself.
    Then the Cams/Lifter package is another $1000
    Follow that up with the $1300/side FRPP heads

Parts cost..... near 6K and you are probably going to be crossing your fingers and hoping for 375hp to the wheels.

Plus the installs say another 2K because some of those items are very time consuming
    $8K total cost
    this guy is a tool

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...-to-950hp.html

or just buy one of these...cobra heads and piece together a turbo system. Same cost 3x the power

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    the question is why dont Ford make a bigger CID than the 4.6 .
    The answer is they are selling millions of them as is...
    you hit it on the head as usual snaggle... havent mustangs always outsold f bodies? looks like they always will

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    you hit it on the head as usual snaggle... havent mustangs always outsold f bodies? looks like they always will
    there good little cars ..tangs and GTs ....I keep hearing about about a Mustang GT type car to come out with a un S/C version of the Shelby .. But it would be so exspensive better to just buy a GT and S/C it ...
    and there is that Shelby GT {I think } ragtop with the 302 , I saw on Barrett..... also to damn exspensive, better to just get a Saleen

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information