Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Mustang people, bah

I don't know why I even try to talk on the Mustang forums. Not trying to start a Mustang flaming thread, but the guys really are arrogant know it alls. They treat new guys like crap, berate them for asking the 'noob' type questions most new guys ask, and act like they were born with knowledge. I should know by now to just stay over here. I am clearly an LS1 guy that has a Mustang, and not the other way around.

Just wanted to let you guys know what you probably already know. LSx guys are much cooler.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

sometimes you have to be reminded.......

however I've met some LSx owners that were jerks too.

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yea you got your share of lsx's but a year or two ago when i was really interested in buying a terminator i went over there and asked a few questions to learn and they just act like your clearly not as good of a person as them or you dont even come up to the scales to own a "cobra". sorry to hear you had a bad experience lol

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    sometimes you have to be reminded.......
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    however I've met some LSx owners that were jerks too.
    And true. I actually left another LSx site because there was a bit too much attitude. Perhaps I should say "in general" and "moreso"... But specifically, you guys on THIS site are much more down to earth, realistic, nicer to new guys, tolerant of redundant questions, etc...

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 02sunsetorangeZ View Post
    yea you got your share of lsx's but a year or two ago when i was really interested in buying a terminator i went over there and asked a few questions to learn and they just act like your clearly not as good of a person as them or you dont even come up to the scales to own a "cobra". sorry to hear you had a bad experience lol
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about. Like they were born with a silver Mustang in their garage...

Hell I've had nicer discussions about Mustangs HERE than over there.

LSXers forever!

sunset orange
    2002 Camaro Z28

yea o well they are douches and everytime i hear them it makes me mad but they know they are douches so i guess its just to prove to stay over here haha

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Every car has asshole enthusiasts who think they're Gods gift to the automotive world.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Ls1tech is like that. I dont even bother goin over there anymore

ls1.com ftmfw

1978 Corvette

Ummm OK

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 98MustGT View Post
    Ummm OK
    you mustang people

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

More grown ups over here that's why....

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by blue02Z View Post
    Ls1tech is like that. I dont even bother goin over there anymore

ls1.com ftmfw
    Yeah I left them for here also.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 98MustGT View Post
    Ummm OK
    Don't be insulted. You are HERE, so I didn't mean you I'll consider you an LSx guy with a Mustang, even though you call yourself 98 MustGT...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

The only arrogant Stang owners I have met were the teens whose mommy/daddy bought the car for them. They brag about all the mods they wanna do to the car, but they wreck the car before they get the first mod done.

Custom Swirly Black
    2001 WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    The only arrogant Stang owners I have met were the teens whose mommy/daddy bought the car for them. They brag about all the mods they wanna do to the car, but they wreck the car before they get the first mod done.
    I've met some cool owners before, they were also at least 30+ years old though.

The ones that I've had problems with are the guys with a 5.0 or 4.6 with exhaust only who think their car is BA b/c it sounds BA. Don't get me wrong, I do like the way they sound, but as we know, sounding it and being it are 2 way different things.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Its been my experience that theres jerks on both sides. I've made the same view point you are making on the mustang boards AT TIMES, and i've noticed some of the lsx guys can be like that too. However I have always hung out over here because this particular board has always been real good about the whole mustang vs lsx thing MOST of the time. I never felt not welcome here. Sure theres stupid comments that get made about mustangs but I think its just car guys talking shit. Thats the nature of this hobby. The difference between the mustang boards and a board like this is this board talks about everything in life, I only go to my mustang board when I have specific questions about my car. They are too boring for anything else. Got a question about my car, I get very direct precise answers, but do I shoot the shit with them? Nope.

For every fast mustang, there is a fast lsx, and vice versa. I totally see this hobby as a matter of money more then anything else. Its your money, spend it how you like. Speed costs, how fast do you wanna go?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Let me get more specific about somethign with you guys about the "mustang guys"

Theres different kinds of mustang guys, theres mustang guys that are only considered that because they own a "terminator". These guys more then likely bought that car because its a beast. Not because they necessarily love Fords and mustangs in general. These guys normally have more money then brains, wrenching ability, personality, or class.

Then theres 5.0 guys. Most of us are normal dudes that work hard but dont make a ton of money and always loved the looks, style and sound of the car. They are relatively cheap to make real fast. Most fox body owners are real car guys and the majority of them I know respect anything fast. The reason why fox guys are real car guys is because you have to know how to turn a wrench to own one. Whereas those terminator guys drop their cars off at the latest and greatest shop and write a check for a kenne bell blower and a tune and then go drive off into the nearest tree in their 650 hp car.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    So fucking true lmfao at how accurate this statement is, and its an even further testament to the fact that you live in North Jersey. Thats status quo in these parts.

02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Its been my experience that theres jerks on both sides. I've made the same view point you are making on the mustang boards AT TIMES, and i've noticed some of the lsx guys can be like that too. However I have always hung out over here because this particular board has always been real good about the whole mustang vs lsx thing MOST of the time. I never felt not welcome here. Sure theres stupid comments that get made about mustangs but I think its just car guys talking shit. Thats the nature of this hobby. The difference between the mustang boards and a board like this is this board talks about everything in life, I only go to my mustang board when I have specific questions about my car. They are too boring for anything else. Got a question about my car, I get very direct precise answers, but do I shoot the shit with them? Nope.

For every fast mustang, there is a fast lsx, and vice versa. I totally see this hobby as a matter of money more then anything else. Its your money, spend it how you like. Speed costs, how fast do you wanna go?
    Stanger, you understand it perfectly. And yeah, I shoot the shit here too, and only go there to talk about Mustangs, that may be part of the perception.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    So fucking true lmfao at how accurate this statement is, and its an even further testament to the fact that you live in North Jersey. Thats status quo in these parts.
    I have been to car shows during the summer and the mature Stang crowd hears how the younger teens are and they get in the teens' face. I overhear the mature folks say "YOU YOUNG PUNKS GIVE US A BAD NAME!!!" And then the "OH SHIT"'s start.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information