Black
    2000 Camaro

Question Mustang headers question

Hey guy's I know this is an ls1 forum I own two myself, but the question I have Is what does it cost to install mac headers on a 03 cobra or any of them for that matter. I was just interested to know cause a friend and I installed two sets this weekend, then we had someone that wanted us to install them for him and we were wondering what an install would cost.
    I did some calling around and we have got prices ranging from 500-1000. Does this sound about right?
    Just thought I would get some info.

zleeper z
    600ish anything above that is ridiculous... what kind of headers are they?? Because there for a while, companies didnt even make long tubes for the mustang (cobra), because the SVT team already has stock mid-lengths from the manufacturer... so there wont be that much gain going to a long tube..

zleeper z
    whoops, I see they're Mac, just disregard everything else

Silver
    2001 Cobra vert 530rwhp

Word of Caution: Mac headers have been linked/blamed, although not conclusively, for causing the 99+ cobras to burn oil. (I don't know how much of it is true and to be blamed on Mac but you can go to the Corral and do a search and see what I'm talking about). I mention this because if their cars start burning oil (whether caused by the Mac headers or not) they may point the finger at you.

It seems like the quote that I got a few years back was in the $500-$700 range but that didn't matter since I wound up having to rebuild the motor and just had it all done at once.

Black
    2000 Camaro

Im not very familiar with ford's, I do know that when I called around some of the shops wouldnt even install the mac long tubes they said it was due to fittment issues, that they have had to notch the k-member to get them to clear! I have a hard time believing them cause the two sets we installed fit great! Matter of fact these tucked up really nice.

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

Only real fitment issues with MACs, is the fact that they have individual flanges, which have a possibility of not lining up...I had that problem when installing a set of my 94 GT.

-Will

Thread Information