Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Unhappy MT ET Street tire ruined. It doesnt stop:(

Well, I now have another pair of DR that are rendered useless. After working on my car with multiple issues/install over the last week and a half, I got back to the track. I had my MT ET Streets on and did some suspension tweaking. I was very excited to see how the car was going to hook. I pick my buddy up and we head to the track On the way, were doing 70 MPH in a line of cars. Normal. A minivan didnt think to swerve to miss a hunk of semi tire. He/she hit it and it flung into my car. Scuffing up my hood and fender. Wasnt happy, but kept on with my plan of the day.

I get to the track, pay my money... and head straight to the Tech In area. Its not even 60 seconds staight ahead. Within that time, I ran over a piece of steel about 1 1/2 inch long by 1/2 inch wide. It stuck in my MT ET, and my tire was flat within 5 minutes. Fuck. Shit. Sonofabitch. Tire is wasted.

So, I sat there with a wasted MT ET, a scuffed up hood and fender... watching people make runs and drive right by me on thier way back. Yep, off to buy new MT ET's tomorrow and see if maybe I can get back to the track someday before the year ends.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Well, I now have another pair of DR that are rendered useless. After working on my car with multiple issues/install over the last week and a half, I got back to the track. I had my MT ET Streets on and did some suspension tweaking. I was very excited to see how the car was going to hook. I pick my buddy up and we head to the track On the way, were doing 70 MPH in a line of cars. Normal. A minivan didnt think to swerve to miss a hunk of semi tire. He/she hit it and it flung into my car. Scuffing up my hood and fender. Wasnt happy, but kept on with my plan of the day.

I get to the track, pay my money... and head straight to the Tech In area. Its not even 60 seconds staight ahead. Within that time, I ran over a piece of steel about 1 1/2 inch long by 1/2 inch wide. It stuck in my MT ET, and my tire was flat within 5 minutes. Fuck. Shit. Sonofabitch. Tire is wasted.

So, I sat there with a wasted MT ET, a scuffed up hood and fender... watching people make runs and drive right by me on thier way back. Yep, off to buy new MT ET's tomorrow and see if maybe I can get back to the track someday before the year ends.

Damn man. Sorry about all that. I know how you feel on the bad luck. Sometimes it just seems to pile up and never end.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Damn dude you are not having anyluck right now.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

You're life officially sucks

yellow
    2004 gto

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    You're life officially sucks
    x2..

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

im sorry

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

i feel your pain

Owning a 9 sec ricer is like coming out of the closest: at first you'll surprise everyone, but in the end you're still gay

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Yea, if there is something called luck... I dont have it right now. Damn tires are killing me, and im really... really hoping that tire scuffing will rub out. All in all, It started out as an exciting day.

To add insult to injury, I had to go buy a helmet today because my buddy needed his back. So,

I spend 132 dollars on a helmet that I did not use.

and ruined a 200 dollar tire, after getting another 180 dollar tire being ruined just a week or so ago.

Im not going to just buy one tire, I will consently be buying just one tire to keep these MT going. That will just be annoying. 500 dollars in tires later, Ill be back at the track

Look for a video of me blowing off two MT in a awesome burnout soon.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Yea, if there is something called luck... I dont have it right now. Damn tires are killing me, and im really... really hoping that tire scuffing will rub out. All in all, It started out as an exciting day.

To add insult to injury, I had to go buy a helmet today because my buddy needed his back. So,

I spend 132 dollars on a helmet that I did not use.

and ruined a 200 dollar tire, after getting another 180 dollar tire being ruined just a week or so ago.

Im not going to just buy one tire, I will consently be buying just one tire to keep these MT going. That will just be annoying. 500 dollars in tires later, Ill be back at the track

Look for a video of me blowing off two MT in a awesome burnout soon.
    I think you could run one new mt depending on mileage and passes. How much mileage do you have on that one.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

sounds like you have my luck.....tons of it and it's all bad. I'd be tempted just to write this year off and try again next year.

blue
    1975 camaro

man that blows! i was going to buy a badass skim board and my tires blew on the way there. yes both front tires. how? no clue, good bye pay check. 2 days later i rear end a mini van stoped at a green light, my front brakes locked up

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Damn....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by fbod91 View Post
    man that blows! i was going to buy a badass skim board and my tires blew on the way there. yes both front tires. how? no clue, good bye pay check. 2 days later i rear end a mini van stoped at a green light, my front brakes locked up
    if your front brakes lock up wouldn't you stop sooner?

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Hey Hi-po are ya Irish? lol

blue
    1975 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    if your front brakes lock up wouldn't you stop sooner?
    not in a classic car with rear drums and on a pebbly road
    Last edited by fbod91; 09-09-2009 at 08:48 PM.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    I think you could run one new mt depending on mileage and passes. How much mileage do you have on that one.
    The MT I have now have 4 pass's and 1500 rough miles. They still have/had at least 10-15 pass's left. Hell, they were just getting broken in. I just dont wanna consistenly be changing one tire.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    sounds like you have my luck.....tons of it and it's all bad. I'd be tempted just to write this year off and try again next year.
    0rion, im not kidding. When that happened I told my buddy I was done for the year. I was upset to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Damn....
    Damn, Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Hey Hi-po are ya Irish? lol
    I think im one of those Americans that has no idea what they are. Pot has been stired a few times I guess.

I have to go back this year though. I need to hook. Tomorrow I will go and buy new tires, again. No welder for me for awhile

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Time for a Prius.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Time for a Prius.

Nah, the 06 GP works fine still

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

That fuckin sucks... You have some bad luck with tires, that is for sure.........But at least you live in MI and can snowmobile when you want, which 80% of America can't do

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

just slime it!

and then waste your whole car halfway down the track

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information