Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    1997 Firehawk LT4

MSN asks "Will anyone mourn Pontiac?"

Couple quotes:

"Nobody's going to miss Pontiac," says industry analyst James Harbour, the founder of the Harbour Report and the author of the autobiography "Factory Man." "There was nothing unique about it," Harbour says.

Adds Jesse Toprak, market analyst for Edmunds.com: "Pontiac was GM's performance-, sports-oriented brand, but it was never compelling enough, never good enough."

Thought I'd share.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

wow sounds like two idiots right there...

grand am/grand prix those two cars throughout most of the 90s out sold everything.

Also its common knowledge that yes chevy and pontiac shared many model lines, the pontiac models came with more toys/features, and styling cues..

pontiac was always the poor mans cadillac...... (i say that in a good way)

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

dumb asses ...they might not miss the new pontiac..but the old pontiac (including the G/A,G/P, firebird) will be missed..there is a reason why there are pontiac families that only bought pontiacs...from the get go they where designed for style etc.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Here's what I posted on the article:

I WILL miss Pontiac!, I have had 4 Pontiacs in the last 20 yrs. When it came to cars, the Pontiac brand had better style and comforts then Chevy cars. Their Trans Am was a far better choice then their cousin the Camaro. I love my 98' Trans Am and will NEVER get rid of it. I can't wait to find another one to add to my collection. I will never buy a new GM vehicle as long as it is under Government control. Thanks GM for the betrayal! Now I'll have to by POS FORD or go get a used vehicle (if they haven't been all crushed yet by the BS C4C program).

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

i mourned pontiac when the trans am was off their line. that was a sad day for me, when they announced 02 would be the last year of our birds. its sad to see American tradition go down the tubes, thats what im sad about. People would rather drive their 4 cyclendar jap cars, what ever happened to our culture of fast muscle car, big block lovin motorheads I'll miss Pontiac

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

I WILL miss Pontiac!, I have had 4 Pontiacs in the last 20 yrs. When it came to cars, the Pontiac brand had better style and comforts then Chevy cars. Their Trans Am was a far better choice then their cousin the Camaro. I love my 98' Trans Am and will NEVER get rid of it. I can't wait to find another one to add to my collection. I will never buy a new GM vehicle as long as it is under Government control. Thanks GM for the betrayal! Now I'll have to by POS FORD or go get a used vehicle (if they haven't been all crushed yet by the BS C4C program).
    i like that
    and i agree i dont wanna get rid of my car either, i have no idea what im gonna do with it. and what am i gonna buy next? im like stumped, im either finding a trans am, camaro or vette. Whatever i can find in my price range.
    GM didnt betray us, the American people who stopped buying their products, the workers who wanted to much money to build in America what u can build in Asia for 1/2 the cost... thats the betrayal...

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

I will only miss the Formulas, Firehawks and Trans Ams. People say that we still have the camaro around, but they are not the same.

A lot of people lump the Camaro and Trans Am together, but they are differant in so many ways. I always liked Trans Ams better than camaros, some of my friends are the other way around. I believe that the Fomulas and Trans Ams were much more stylish with there curvy exterior and interior designs. Just my opinion.
    Torch Red -1999 FRC Corvette- Borla Stinger exhaust, Halltech Stinger intake

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    i like that
    and i agree i dont wanna get rid of my car either, i have no idea what im gonna do with it. and what am i gonna buy next? im like stumped, im either finding a trans am, camaro or vette. Whatever i can find in my price range.
    GM didnt betray us, the American people who stopped buying their products, the workers who wanted to much money to build in America what u can build in Asia for 1/2 the cost... thats the betrayal...
    I agree that part of the blame is with American ppl, but I still blame GM as a whole, Management and the UNIONS, both got greedy and didn't give a F! about what the ppl want. Management saw what was coming and didn't try to change because they were selling highend SUVs and such, UNIONS - I have way to much bad things to say about the evil of what unions have become today. Simply (but nicely) put they have out lived their usefulness

midnight blue
    2000 Pontiac ram air ws-6

I noticed that unions was the only word that was bold...

Unions did not stop people from buying the F-bodies..... If the numbers would have not went down chances are they would have made em until they coulden't anymore.

The big 3 accepted the unions... you might as well. Membership is down but their not going anywhere.

I wish I had a job like you guys that you don't constantly get dicked over by management. I wish I worked for a company that lived by the rules it made vs the rules on the fly that I deal with now.

Unless you guys just take that corporate dick with a smile?

91RS 99Z28 11GT 86Bronco

Why hasnt the G8 been mentioned yet in this post?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

No.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post

I REFUSE TO BUY GM AS LONG AS THE UNIONS HAVE OWNERSHIP......

between the UAW and EPA.. I am surprised GM, Ford, Dodge have lasted as long as they have.

the UAW, is responsible for the death of many car makers...

-amc
    -studebaker
    -etc
    -etc
    -etc
    -etc
    to many brands to list and too many names I cant remember!!!

GM is another casuality of the UAW... just google UAW killed the auto industry.... you find many write ups confirming this...
    Last edited by ibanez7; 08-05-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28 A4

Unhappy

I will miss Pontiac, too. When I was a boy my dad drove a Pontiac GP 1968 he purchased from an US-soldier...a beautiful car....

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

fuck unions... they are WORTHLESS these days...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    I REFUSE TO BUY GM AS LONG AS THE UNIONS HAVE OWNERSHIP......

between the UAW and EPA.. I am surprised GM, Ford, Dodge have lasted as long as they have.

the UAW, is responsible for the death of many car makers...

-amc
    -studebaker
    -etc
    -etc
    -etc
    -etc
    to many brands to list and too many names I cant remember!!!

GM is another casuality of the UAW... just google UAW killed the auto industry.... you find many write ups confirming this...
    Packard was death by uaw aswell. Couple others too... I've always liked Pontiacs more than the comparable chevy. But i'm starting to like the catfish Camaros alot now. I would (can't believe i'm saying this) buy a new Mustang over the new Camaro now... Better looking and not Obama owned

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Packard was death by uaw aswell. Couple others too... I've always liked Pontiacs more than the comparable chevy. But i'm starting to like the catfish Camaros alot now. I would (can't believe i'm saying this) buy a new Mustang over the new Camaro now... Better looking and not Obama owned
    thank you... Packard was one name I couldnt remember....

lol my gf was interested in getting a G8, now it will definitely be a volvo instead.

I need a new truck/suv. The only way to go is american for the frames/power, that means ford or government motors.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Camaro has outsold Mustang the last 2 months running.....

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Camaro has outsold Mustang the last 2 months running.....
    That's not a really far comparison considering:

1. The Camaro has only been available for about that much time.

2. And because of #1, being relatively new in the market, the "OMG NEW AWESOME MUST HAVE" effect hasn't worn of the flock of consuming sheep yet.

Just throwing that out there.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by knightryda01 View Post
    I noticed that unions was the only word that was bold...

Unions did not stop people from buying the F-bodies..... If the numbers would have not went down chances are they would have made em until they coulden't anymore.

The big 3 accepted the unions... you might as well. Membership is down but their not going anywhere.

I wish I had a job like you guys that you don't constantly get dicked over by management. I wish I worked for a company that lived by the rules it made vs the rules on the fly that I deal with now.

Unless you guys just take that corporate dick with a smile?
    I have very little sympathy for unions - in the beginning of their history, I agree they helped progress workers rights and fair labor practices, but now they are mostly corrupt in the way the run. This is my opinion.
    The unions should not have been given the super large stake that they got for the bailouts of GM & Chrysler. Ppl invested large sums of $$ into the companies and should have been 1st in line. I know it was a political payback, however if the company goes completely under, those unions will be out on the street. Then what? The American public will not stand for another bailout like that again for a long , long while.

I see you are from MI, how in the hell did your state elect that tool in the Senate?
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 08-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    That's not a really far comparison considering:

1. The Camaro has only been available for about that much time.

2. And because of #1, being relatively new in the market, the "OMG NEW AWESOME MUST HAVE" effect hasn't worn of the flock of consuming sheep yet.

Just throwing that out there.
    i have to agree, i think the camaro "newness" will wear off, i doubt the model will last very long. Considering half the people who drive camaros/firebirds dont like it, and the other half cant afford it.... 30k? for a grocery getter lookin thing..... yea right. you can go buy a nice ass C5 for that much now (or less)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information