SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Cool MP3 editing software

Does anyone know of a free program where i could import an mp3 file and edit parts out and save it as a mp3

the reason i ask is because my phone plays mp3's and i can set them as ringtones, but i want only one part of a song as a ringtone IE guitar solo etc...

please post up some links of said software if any of you know

Thanks,

~zoso

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

theres not really a way to do that without the actual song file (not mp3 file... but the file from the editing software) its all saved as one track (well actually 2 since its stereo not mono... whatever..) with all the instrumental tracks fused together. thres really no way to pick taht apart... cuz ur computer doesnt know whats vocals, guitars, drums, etc from an mp3 file if u know what i mean

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

yea i'm familiar with music producing, but to edit the file as one sound as a whole, (thats what an mp3 is, an mp3 does not contain separate parts for each instrument) there should be a program that you could cut it out and re save it,

just curious if any one knows of a program

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    yea i'm familiar with music producing, but to edit the file as one sound as a whole, (thats what an mp3 is, an mp3 does not contain separate parts for each instrument) there should be a program that you could cut it out and re save it,

just curious if any one knows of a program
    sorry if im misunderstanding you, but like your saying, mp3s are saved as a whole. thers really no way your computer can dinstinguish what sounds are a guitar, what soudns are drums, etc., so the theory of breaking apart an mp3 really isnt possible (in theory... if someone can prove me wrong, ill believe it, but as far as i know--and i am real familiar with audio producing and editing--you cannot do that) sorry

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

na man, u dont get what i'm talking about

i want to play a song from 0:35 to 0:59 or what have you, i'm just trying to find a program that will enable me to get rid of two sections of the song, ie the part before 35 seconds and the part after 59 seconds

ya jive?

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    na man, u dont get what i'm talking about

i want to play a song from 0:35 to 0:59 or what have you, i'm just trying to find a program that will enable me to get rid of two sections of the song, ie the part before 35 seconds and the part after 59 seconds

ya jive?
    ohhhh hahahaha. sorry i was thinking too hard. well, wavelab lite is one program that u can do simple stuff in. umm... im sure there are other easier ways to do it, but u said ur familiar with music producing. well if u have any of those programs, you can just cut out a portion in those...

wavelab lite is an extremely easy and simple program to use. i got it free with the purchase of other programs and im sure there is a free download somewhere on the net.

Nuclear Cat Will End All LS1Powerhouse's Avatar
    Edwardsville, IL (So. IL Univ. of Edwardsville)

Mystic Teal
    1999 Camaro Z28 - A4

audacity.sourceforge.net

you can edit about any thing in there.. all really easy and straight forward... more bass.. less bass.. crop songs.. mix them.. whatever floats your boatl.. only thing is you have to use a ".dll" file to export and save as an MP3.. i got mine just from searching Google.. its called lame_enc.dll... works well and i do the same with the ringtones... best thing is that its all free and legal

1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

found a great one, already made a ringtone and all is well

http://www.download.com/1200-2018-51...?tag=pdl-redir

thanks for the help

I use Adobe Premiere Pro, helps with kickass vids and I can change around any part of any song I want...Make it quieter, louder, fade away. It's nice. If you're into vids, get a pirated version of it, cuz it's expensive as hell.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    I use Adobe Premiere Pro, helps with kickass vids and I can change around any part of any song I want...Make it quieter, louder, fade away. It's nice. If you're into vids, get a pirated version of it, cuz it's expensive as hell.
    +1 on that one. I played with premiere before but not the pro one. Do you have the pro? PM me info on how you got please if you dont mind.

Thread Information