Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

white
    01 Z-28

moving to florida

i was thinkin of moving to florida with the family,,, any ideas on a good place that is not real expensive to live,,and somewhat close to the beach (within an hour) i am currently a truck driver so finding a job shouldnt be too aweful hard.... thanks for any advice roy psss we are moving from oklahoma where we both were born and raised just lookin for some pros and cons

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

what part of florida?

pewter
    2000 camaro

before you buy anything make sure you get a quote on the taxes and insurance$$$$...
    4k in taxes and 2k in insurance is not uncommon on an average house. lots of us are moving out west to escape:>
    if you do come down it will be good to see another SS on the road in s fla!

white
    01 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    what part of florida?
    was lookin at pensacola but not sure yet i really like boca raton but i bet its high there found a few houses in pensacola that were in my price range like under 100,000 thanks

white
    01 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by wildbanshee View Post
    before you buy anything make sure you get a quote on the taxes and insurance$$$$...
    4k in taxes and 2k in insurance is not uncommon on an average house. lots of us are moving out west to escape:>
    i have heard that about the insurance and taxes a talk show guy i listen to is in florida( bruce williams on xm 158 in the evenings) has said that

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by niterunnr View Post
    was lookin at pensacola but not sure yet i really like boca raton but i bet its high there found a few houses in pensacola that were in my price range like under 100,000 thanks
    i really liked pensacola when i visited a few years ago. have you checked out the tampa area?

white
    01 Z-28

nobut i have been there before it was alright

Silver
    2016 Dodge Challenger

We moved from orlando last year. A house that value plummented a 100,000. Property taxes of $4000 on a 1900 sq ft house. Glad Im were Im at now but still cant sell the house.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by redls1 View Post
    We moved from orlando last year. A house that value plummented a 100,000. Property taxes of $4000 on a 1900 sq ft house. Glad Im were Im at now but still cant sell the house.
    the american property tax system is sooo weird, here in germany each state has a fixed tax rate per square meter period.

Black
    1999 Trans Am Ws6/M6

Quote Originally Posted by wildbanshee View Post
    Dont come to Cali if you want to escape then cuz my dad pays almost $8k on taxes.

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by niterunnr View Post
    i was thinkin of moving to florida with the family,,, any ideas on a good place that is not real expensive to live,,and somewhat close to the beach (within an hour) i am currently a truck driver so finding a job shouldnt be too aweful hard.... thanks for any advice roy psss we are moving from oklahoma where we both were born and raised just lookin for some pros and cons
    If you like a shit ton of traffic and bugs, then come to Tampa. Personally, there are much better cities to live. The humidity never goes away. I sweat just going to get the mail at 10 pm.. This city is bearable for about 3 months of the year (dec., jan., feb.) when the normal highs are in the 70's.

I hear the weather is much nicer in the northern part of the state.

You also have to think about East vs. West coast, hurricanes, cost of living... I moved here from NW Ohio. Shit just costs more here. Where I come from, we had grocery stores that would really fight to get customers by lowering prices. Here, they seem to work together to get as much from you as they can.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Cmon down to Central Florida... Orlando tends to be a nightmare traffic wise, but head up a little ways, and its great. I'd suggest the Daytona area (what can I say, I'm biased) or northern orlando metro area (hell, its all really orlando, but theres like 40 "cities" that are suburbs)... the northern side tends to be more reasonable price-wise for the niceness of it. Or, head up to the Daytona area like I said, you can live anywhere from semi-big city(daytona itself) to decent beach town (new symerna or ormond beach) to big town/small city (DeLand, hell we've even got a university) to bumfuck nowhere rural town (lake helen, Debary, samsula) to cheap-ass residential clusterfuck (deltona).

But one things for sure, when you bid on the houses, LOWBALL IT~!! Check how long that shits been on the market, because its a total buyers market around here right now.

Also, stay the hell away from miami. Tallahassi is cool though... its just less floridan then anything further south, LOL

(fuck i cant spell when I'm drunk )

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Oh, and from years of personal experiance, the hurricanes are slightly less common on the west coast, but on average they are WAY nastier!!! Andrew was the ONLY exception to that in my lifetime.

I would actually seriously suggest a house at the VERY least 20 minutes inland from the coast... aside from the obvious plus of not having to worry about losing your house, the insurance will rape you bigtime if you are on the coast.... I would rent out there, but never own, personally.

Just so you know in advance though, you won't be a real floridian until youve been to at LEAST one hurricane party... its kinda like initation!

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post
    the american property tax system is sooo weird, here in germany each state has a fixed tax rate per square meter period.
    the property tax system is based by the local government (IE: cities screw you the worse, then towns, then counties, then states) then at least here in florida, the actual amount you pay is based on the amount of LAND you have and what it is appraised at. Size of your house doesnt mean jack, aside from the value it adds. Nice 1500 sq/ft house will cost you more taxes then a shitheap 3000sq/ft one, and a 1000sq/ft one on 40 acres will cost you more then the 2000sq/ft one on a 1/4 acre of land. Then you get into the things like homestead exemptions, and all that jazz.....

Move to edgewater.

Well, if your looking for something affordabale I wouldn't suggest anything near Boca. I live in Miami and taxes here for a 1500 sq ft villa are $5000 annually. Besides, your not going to find much in the $100,000 price range anywhere near here.
    Last edited by SBS421; 07-07-2008 at 09:31 PM.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Move to edgewater.
    Oh yea, I forgot edgewater... it is nice, except for the cops. Fuckers.

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Click for full size

And the problem with that is what? You're just jealous we are the most important part of the US! (well, if you asked most guys or sluts anyway)

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

nothing's wrong with it... just couldn't resist...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information