Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

MotorTrend picks the Genesis over the Camaro (Link

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...ack/specs.html

Good 'Ole Motor Trend............

Quote Originally Posted by fox1x View Post

Can't handle criticism?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Wait, you're surprised that they chose the quicker, lighter, more efficient car that looks better and not to mention is made by a company that is actually competent?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

no big deal, its motortrends opinion, and most know their opinion isnt always a the best one.

since this is a battle of 6 bangers, I can see where the genesis won this one, however to enjoy that edge, you are paying more for it. I would guess we will see more 6banger camaros then the genesis because of pricing. then again who knows!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Wait, you're surprised that they chose the quicker, lighter, more efficient car that looks better and not to mention is made by a company that is actually competent?
    what makes you say hyundai is more compotent over GM? minus the issues/bailout UAW and gm have?

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    what makes you say hyundai is more compotent over GM? minus the issues/bailout UAW and gm have, quality issues, limited warranty, uncertainty?
    Now that you mention it, if you remove all of GMs issues, then yeah, how can you not like GM?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Big D Z View Post
    Now that you mention it, if you remove all of GMs issues, then yeah, how can you not like GM?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

the thing you two have to remember is, as consumers we only know what the media (motortrend) and government wants us to know, so the saying "opinions are like assholes and everyone is one" (my version) is so very true, since we dont know the hard facts.

Secondly, look throughout history, many companies have gone through troubled times and easy times, same with the economy. This is not the first time the government has bailed companies out, such as banks and automotive... hmmm remember the great depression, how many banks and financial firms where bailed out.

The banks and financial firms where recently bailed out, I still use banks and invest my money, it would be ignorant not too.

Same with gm they where bailed out and I will still buy a gm car, if its not GM, it would be an Audi or Volvo, not something korean. one variable that hurt GM is they lost focus on their core sales, market and branched into other areas, which will put a company in debt, as their main focus becomes distracted. This is where many companies do fail

People have to remember in this country everyone is linked to the automotive industry. If the US automotive industry fails, everyone will be effected, not just the Auto maker, 1st tier, 2nd tier and even 3rd tier suppliers, but everyone.

Also, gm dropping pontiac is also nothing new adn everyone including media is flipping out treating it as something new, car brands and badges are bought or go under all the time, it has always happend through history and will always happen, its a part of business

Finally if you two dont like GM, why hang out on a GM board, no company or car is perfect.
    Last edited by ibanez7; 04-29-2009 at 08:53 AM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

maybe now they can compare the v8 versions of both. Oh wait........nevermind.

I probably hate you bowtieguy02SS's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 SS

+1 on that

silver
    2002 ws6

the camaro is actually cheaper and more efficient---- looks are subjective and i declare you have bad taste---

the genesis barely edged out the base v6 camaro in performance.
    you're surprised motortrend picked the import over a domestic yet again?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I happen to like the camaro more, however v6 camaro is not in my vocabulary.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by ibanez7 View Post
    the thing you two have to remember is, as consumers we only know what the media (motortrend) and government wants us to know, so the saying "opinions are like assholes and everyone is one" (my version) is so very true, since we dont know the hard facts.

Secondly, look throughout history, many companies have gone through troubled times and easy times, same with the economy. This is not the first time the government has bailed companies out, such as banks and automotive... hmmm remember the great depression, how many banks and financial firms where bailed out.

The banks and financial firms where recently bailed out, I still use banks and invest my money, it would be ignorant not too.

Same with gm they where bailed out and I will still buy a gm car, if its not GM, it would be an Audi or Volvo, not something korean. one variable that hurt GM is they lost focus on their core sales, market and branched into other areas, which will put a company in debt, as their main focus becomes distracted. This is where many companies do fail

People have to remember in this country everyone is linked to the automotive industry. If the US automotive industry fails, everyone will be effected, not just the Auto maker, 1st tier, 2nd tier and even 3rd tier suppliers, but everyone.

Also, gm dropping pontiac is also nothing new adn everyone including media is flipping out treating it as something new, car brands and badges are bought or go under all the time, it has always happend through history and will always happen, its a part of business

Finally if you two dont like GM, why hang out on a GM board, no company or car is perfect.
    Hyundai today isn't the same Hyundai it was ten years ago. They make surprisingly good cars now for the types and prices. You act as if they're akin to the failed Chinese attempts to make cars.

About the 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier supplies: That's the risk they took when they put all of their eggs in one basket. If I were them, I would have found addition business elsewhere about the time GM was continuing to focus on Full-size SUVs during the oil crisis

And I'm here because I think the LS1 is a rather nifty engine. This is an LS1 board after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
    the camaro is actually cheaper and more efficient---- looks are subjective and i declare you have bad taste---

the genesis barely edged out the base v6 camaro in performance.
    you're surprised motortrend picked the import over a domestic yet again?
    If what you say about looks being subjective, then why are you saying that my views are in bad taste?

And it looks like they made their decision based on the stats, not where the car came from.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    maybe now they can compare the v8 versions of both. Oh wait........nevermind.
    It is a shame that they don't offer the v8 in the sedan as an option in the coupe. That would be at least worth a test drive.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    It is a shame that they don't offer the v8 in the sedan as an option in the coupe. That would be at least worth a test drive.
    no, what's a shame is americans need to get their heads out of their ass and start supporting the big 3 again. Sure they don't make a v8 because v6 econo shit boxes are their specialty and unless everyone here wants to own a torqueless POS 6 banger they better start supporting the big 3. How many import v8 muscle cars have come out in the last 10 years while the big 3 have tried to give performance guys what they wanted? Time to stop looking at what they're doing wrong and look at what they've done right. What import engine is even on the same playing field as the LSx engines? Zero.

Machine Silver
    05 Corvette

Seems to me your girlfriend did the same thing a few days ago.

Sarge for AAG Emperor hutch1999's Avatar

06 HD Softail
    1998 Trans Am m6

no, what's a shame is americans need to get their heads out of their ass and start supporting the big 3 again. Sure they don't make a v8 because v6 econo shit boxes are their specialty and unless everyone here wants to own a torqueless POS 6 banger they better start supporting the big 3. How many import v8 muscle cars have come out in the last 10 years while the big 3 have tried to give performance guys what they wanted? Time to stop looking at what they're doing wrong and look at what they've done right. What import engine is even on the same playing field as the LSx engines? Zero.
    preach on brother

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

Hyundai today isn't the same Hyundai it was ten years ago. They make surprisingly good cars now for the types and prices. You act as if they're akin to the failed Chinese attempts to make cars.

About the 1st, 2nd, 3rd tier supplies: That's the risk they took when they put all of their eggs in one basket. If I were them, I would have found addition business elsewhere about the time GM was continuing to focus on Full-size SUVs during the oil crisis

And I'm here because I think the LS1 is a rather nifty engine. This is an LS1 board after all.

If what you say about looks being subjective, then why are you saying that my views are in bad taste?

And it looks like they made their decision based on the stats, not where the car came from.
    All of the car makers are different now then they where 10years ago, thats natural evolution.

In regards to Tier suppliers, you are missing the point. This country is based on the success of our auto makers, if they fail, all of us are screwed. In someway or another we are all linked back ot the automakers.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by hutch1999 View Post
    preach on brother
    we lost pontiac...how much longer before we have none of them left? People love to rag on the big 3 for some reason and want to see them fail. The truth is they try to give people what they want and even if they don't hit the mark the effort is there and it's an option they won't have with import companies. In 10 years people won't be here arguing about how much they hate retro-toyotas styled after the late 70 toyotas. Know why? Because those toyotas sucked balls. What's changed from then til now? Toyota hired better marketing people.

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

exactly...... to go along with you point

in regards to the LSx this goes beyond HP and quarter mile numbers.

Lsx engines are extremely efficient and enviromentally friendly.

But because of media, many uneducated consumer freak out when they hear the word v8, thinking is a gas pig, and blows smoke to kill the enviroment. Which is not true.

Plus everyone is preaching safety and mpg, two things that will have a hard time co-existing. If you want safety you need structural mass, with mass MPG drop. Its simple physics. However the GM LSx engines, allow for mass/safety and still provide excellent mpg.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information