White
    '10 ZR1

Motorola RAZR V3 and computer software gurus inside please...

I just bought a Motorola RAZR V3.......I like the phone very much, it works great. Which brings me to a question for the experts. The phone has a USB port on the side for charging, among other things. It says in the instruction manual that it can be charged using that port with the proper software. Does anyone know where I can get this software......free? lol Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

so they say nothing about the software. boy that's helpful.
    Did you try calling your service provider?

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Motrv8d Steve
    so they say nothing about the software. boy that's helpful.
    Did you try calling your service provider?
    Well, they do include a home charger that you plug into a 110 volt outlet. It just has the capability to be charged from a computer as well. In the manual it states:

You can charge your battery by connecting a cable from your phone's mini-USB port to a high-power USB port on a computer.

Both the phone and the computer must be turned on, and your computer must have the correct software drivers installed. Cables and software drivers are available in Motorola Original data kits, sold separtely.

But of course! I just want to find out if I can get the software for free, I have the cable.

Black
    2002 Trans Am

I figure it would work without any software. A USB port just provides +5V...maybe it's got to be turned "on" in the software...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
    I figure it would work without any software. A USB port just provides +5V...maybe it's got to be turned "on" in the software...

So, what they're saying is....."we'll turn it 'on'"...."for a small fee"..

I hope you don't have VERIZON as your provider.

www.howardforums.com has a ton of stuff on phone hacking

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk1120
    I hope you don't have VERIZON as your provider.
    No, my service is through a smaller company here in Minnesota called Midwest Wireless......there service is the best in this area, hands down. Some of my friends have Verizon, Cingular, T-Mobile, Sprint....and they all complain how they lose signal in certain areas.....I'm happy to not have that problem.

Red & Dk Gray
    2002 WS6, '08 G8 GT

My Wife & I also have the V3 RAZR. I use two different Software packages to customize our phones. You can customize you own graphics, create your own ring-tones (MP3), Edit and add to the phone book, etc...list goes on . . . .

Features of the Software packages are dependent on the version of the V3 and your carrier. The software examples listed below (Data Pilot) are for V3 RAZR offered by Cingular. The RAZR that is offered by Verizon is different, it is a V3C RAZR. Motorola Phone Tools will work for all V3 RAZR's

I use Motorola Phone Tools Software:
    http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto...PT_Feature.asp

I also use Data Pilot by Susteen:
    http://www.susteen.com/phone_support...er=5&model=154

I have a Data Cable that I purchased from Cingular and both software packages work with the cable. No need to order a special cable for each package.

Now the Bad news. The software (both) can be buggy at times. It really works well when it works, however when it crashes, you need to disconnect the phone. Re-Boot the phone, sometimes this will work. When this happens the phone will sometimes stop responding. This happens when large amounts of data are transfered to the phone. Other times I have had to turn both the PC and the phone off and restart then reconnect. It seems to be an issue with the USB interface and possible buggy drivers. When the USB driver crashes the PC cannot detect the phone. You may even have to go in and reset the communication port as well. Tried various comm ports and it doesn't matter, when it goes, reboot everything.
    Can be frustrating at times but as I said earlier. When it works, it works great! And it works good most of the time. I just have a ton of data on my phone, so go figure!

P.S. Yes, I tried a diff cable. . .Doesn't matter.

P.S.#2 It's not the Phones either. Used the Same Software packages with our earlier LG phones (LG Software & the Data Pilot).

Oh, I almost forgot. I picked up a third software CD from a Mall Kiosk, real cheap, same issue, and it came with another cable. So now I have 3 cables. . . .Duh!

Thread Information