Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

Motorcycle questions

Okay. I'm wanting a street bike but there's no way i want to drop 4-5,000 for a nice one when i still need to learn to ride. Now, my aunt owns her own body shop a state away and I know she has a 1992-ish Yamaha FZR that was brought in a few years back after a guy recked on it. I'm wanting to see if I can get it and keep the frame, engine and rear and just replace the front end. Should I lay down the bike, it'd be a little less of a financial loss to do it with a junk yard bike. The biggest problem is that she doesn't have any paperwork for the bike. What are my options to making this work? I've had someone say I could apply for an abandoned title at the DMV. Unfortunetally, the DMV is closed today so I thought I'd ask here. How do custom bike shops get their one off bikes registered?

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Bikes with no titles are a lot of hassle. A lot of riders just use them to do stunts with, rather than trying to make them street legal. The value is only about 2/3rds what the same bike would be worth with a title. This is the FZR 600, right? I wouldn't really bother. The early 90's FZR's aren't very valuable anyways, you should be able to pick up a titled, decent condition one for under $2000 or so if you take your time to look.

black
    98 WS6

pick up ninja 250 for $2k, learn how to ride for a year and sell it for the same price. that's how it works with motorcycles. beginner's bikes are always in demand.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

If it's a 600 FZR then I say go for it. If it's a 1000 then no way. Older 600 Katanas or 250 & 500 Ninjas are great to learn on also. I'm glad to see that you're going about this the right way!!! Odds are you are going to take a spill on your first scoot no matter how fast or slow it is. Just practice practice practice and take a safety course. Good luck. My first bike was a 1980 CB750 (huge and heavy) then I got a 1981 CB750 Supersport then another CB750 then a ZX-7RR which was like driving a Yugo for 4 years and getting a Ferrari!

Navy Blue Metallic
    1998 T/A A4

I talked to the DMV today and they said that if we cant find the paperwork, Then to call a police officer to the shop to fill out some abandoned vehicle paperwork. But my aunt thinks she might have tracked down the title. Once it comes time to get a new bike, I know for a fact I'm going to make myself a Gixxer-kart inspired shifter kart with that FZR engine.

I'm going to go give it a good once over a week from today so I'll see how things look.

Thread Information