Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

Motor City Online

Who here remembers this game? I was part of the Beta and played it for a while till the servers shut down. I miss this game so much and wish that somewhere somehow the servers would come up again.

If I remember correctly I had an off white 73 trans am in the game... This was long before I ever actually wanted a Trans Am in real life for a serious case of foreshadowing eh?

Anyone know anything about the game? Anyone played it? Anyone know where I can find a running server hosting it? Even if I couldn't race anyone. Give me enough money and I'd spend hours buying classic cars and dropping serious engines in them. The game was awesome in that regard. Buy a 69 mustang and drop a 460 in there. Get some agressive cams buy that 4bbl holley carb. Valve springs and valves manifolds exhausts filters etc etc etc. the game was a tuning paradise. AND!!! the parts could be damaged. Try running an engine whose rotating assembly is good for 7k RPM using a valve train whose float hits at 6k and not only would your power fall flat above 6k but you could damage your valves in the process. Such an awesome game.

Can you tell I miss it?

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sounds really advanced, as far as i know forza and GT arent even this realistic yet

White
    97 3.8L Firebird 5 Speed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motor_City_Online

It died in 03 because of the Sims..., and that NFS online sounds horrible. It does sound like fun though

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

"At the end of the run of Motor city online, two foreign cars were available. One was the 99 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The other was the 97 Toyota Supra. Both cars were equipped with V-8 engines."

lol

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I have a game that was similar to that. "NIRA Intense Import Drag Racing". It used to have quite a following, people would custom make car models all the time (classics, camaros, ZZTop Eliminator (lol) among others). You could put nearly any engine in, and tune Every aspect (to a point). Cylinder bore, stroke. valve size, carb/fuelie intake size, etc. Even the horsepower ratings were fairly accurate depending on mods. Might hafta play it again after readin' this thread.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

sigh.... MCO was prob my favorite racing game. the speeds were a lil silly and the physics weren't very realistic and the graphics were current for 2001. but the cars the sounds the tuning and the feel all worked just right. It's so sad that there is no way to play it. I was part of the Beta and I think I still have both my Beta disk and my retail disk hiding away somewhere. Man i really wish I could get in there and play again.

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I popped in NIRA. Soundcard is too new for the game to play any sounds at all, but I may try to upload the opening burnout, so cool. The engine 'build' part of it is a little off. No american V8's. You gotta custom build a motor to specs to get a 350ci motor, but when you do, the power is close to real.

Black
    1987 Regal

That game was awesome!! Was way ahead of its time. I still have my disk somewhere and wish it were still able to be played. EA should bring it back, with the technology out now for MMO type games it could be a blast! Should start a petition for EA to release an updated version of the game.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I'm guessin' these are old screenshots..

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 T/A Firehawk M6

but of course! Needed to share what it is you are all missing.

I used to play some online drag racing game all the time... I have no idea what the name was. It was pretty lame, but it killed alot of time. Hell I even paid to get more races lol

Thread Information