Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Read this last week I believe

I never really give an excuse, just flat out say I wasn't paying attention a apologize, gotta remember they just want to be respected because they were made fun of in HS.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

^^this, I've been forgiven more with honesty then ever using BS. I told one the truth, looking for a place to take a shit, I gotta go....

Bright Rally Red
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28

My personal favorite was a guy I paced at 100mph on the interstate once. His excuse was that he was running low on fuel and he was trying to get to the gas station
    2001 Chevy Camaro Z28 A4
    SLP cold air intake/lid, SLP smooth bellow, Pacesetter LT's, ORY, Magnaflow exhaust, BMR STB, adjustable Panhard rod, SFC's, LCA's, 1LE sway bars, cross-drilled rotors

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

Ive rarely gotten tickets. I just tell them flat out whats up....I got pulled over once, he asked if i knew why he stopped me, I said " I was doing about 85 in a 65", lol. He said, "yep, 84". i just told him i wasnt paying attention, and was out here on this wide open, straight rode, all by myself. he let me go.

On another, I was doing about 20 over again, got stopped 400 miles from home, car wasn't in my name, and I had a girls ID and CC in my wallet, he saw it....let me off at 10 over.

Last time I got stopped, 2 years ago, I was being honest in the fact that I was trying to pass an 18 wheeler to flag him down because stuff was falling off his truck and I was having to dodge it. clocked me doing 9 over, wrote me a ticket...thought I was full of shit. didnt even let me finish what I was saying.

Oddly enough, I was on a 1300 mile trip and HAPPENED to be going through my little po-dunk home town of 2500 people, they cover about 1 mile of interstate, and the judge happens to be a personal friend, he threw it out.

One time I was pulled over for only having one license plate, when I was a new driver in a new car. I said I didn't know and didn't get a ticket. I took care of that quickly.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

ive been asked several times about having 1 plate...i just play dumb...i think i pretended it fell off once, lol

Black - Silver
    00' Camaro SS - 09' G8 GT

I just tell them I'm a dumbass and apologize. It goes 50/50, if he saw you do it. Some lame ass excuse probably just wastes both your time.

Now if its some shit... Like getting pulled over for speeding and the radar wasn't on, that's a different story.

You've Seen The Butcher GoldenFlame's Avatar

2009 Silverado Z71
    2003 Corvette MN6 Black

Reminds me of a very old PC game called "Vette!" If you got pulled over it gave you a list of excuses lol,

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

Last time I got pulled over it was in my work parking lot. Keep in mind i work for a dealership and was in a new car. The cop came up to my window and asked why he thought I got pulled over. I told him i didnt have a dealer plate displayed and was going a little fast (50 in a 25.) I was honest and he gave me a $15 seatbelt violation. I couldve easily racked up a few hundred in tickets but he was cool about it. Just gotta be honest.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Chronic442 View Post
    Now if its some shit... Like getting pulled over for speeding and the radar wasn't on, that's a different story.

You dont need to be hit with radar to get a speeding ticket. Some agencies certify their officers on visual speed estimation, and they can go to court on it. Or pacing. Or timing lines, etc.

The best excuse ever though?

"Mike Vick 2.0 was driving the car sir and" - (officer interrupts):

"No problem son, you're free to go"

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

I talked my way out of a speeding ticket with the judge that I was supposedly going 56 in a 35. He didn't have a radar gun and basically I said there is no real proof minus his word that I was going that fast. Maybe he's lying and just dislikes me. Just because he's a police officer doesn't make him infallible. Long story short the judge cleared me of the ticket.
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    You dont need to be hit with radar to get a speeding ticket. Some agencies certify their officers on visual speed estimation, and they can go to court on it. Or pacing. Or timing lines, etc.

The best excuse ever though?

"Mike Vick 2.0 was driving the car sir and" - (officer interrupts):

"No problem son, you're free to go"
    He was powering the car Flintstone style as well...

I used the Star Wars method once. As soon as the cop got to my window. Lights on, windows down, radio off.

"License and registration"

Waving hand "You don't need to see his identification"

He looks at me puzzled.

Again, waving hand "These aren't the droids you're looking for"

He laughed and gave me a written warning. I was only doing like 7 over, so I'm sure he was going to warn me anyway. I have heard of someone using this before and the cop actually played along with it and let the guy go.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    He was powering the car Flintstone style as well...

I used the Star Wars method once. As soon as the cop got to my window. Lights on, windows down, radio off.

"License and registration"

Waving hand "You don't need to see his identification"

He looks at me puzzled.

Again, waving hand "These aren't the droids you're looking for"

He laughed and gave me a written warning. I was only doing like 7 over, so I'm sure he was going to warn me anyway. I have heard of someone using this before and the cop actually played along with it and let the guy go.

lolz. Not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    I talked my way out of a speeding ticket with the judge that I was supposedly going 56 in a 35. He didn't have a radar gun and basically I said there is no real proof minus his word that I was going that fast. Maybe he's lying and just dislikes me. Just because he's a police officer doesn't make him infallible. Long story short the judge cleared me of the ticket.
    I don't understand why that worked. Maybe in that locale, the law says speeding tickets can only be upheld by radar gun data?

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    I don't understand why that worked. Maybe in that locale, the law says speeding tickets can only be upheld by radar gun data?
    Innocent until proven guilty. Burden of proof lies with the state, not the defendant.

Black/ Silver

It worked because there wasn't any real proof to say I was speeding like a radar gun or video photage to show he had to go 56 to keep up with me, just his word. Here they can technically give you a ticket by pacing but it can get thrown out obviously since they can't prove anything.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    One time I was pulled over for only having one license plate, when I was a new driver in a new car. I said I didn't know and didn't get a ticket. I took care of that quickly.
    Ahhh yesss, CVC 5200, no front plate.

Don't ask me how I know that one by heart...

red
    95 Z28

It worked because there wasn't any real proof to say I was speeding like a radar gun or video photage to show he had to go 56 to keep up with me, just his word. Here they can technically give you a ticket by pacing but it can get thrown out obviously since they can't prove anything.

You need to stop kidding yourself. You got lucky. All he needs is his word versus yours. As I said above, you dont need to be caught on radar or video to get a ticket. Officer's word will almost always be taken. And if he didnt pace you or have a certifiable estimation of your speed, then that is his fault. I'd say there was a 99% chance you were speeding that day and deserved a ticket, no offense.

Black/ Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post

You need to stop kidding yourself. You got lucky. All he needs is his word versus yours. As I said above, you dont need to be caught on radar or video to get a ticket. Officer's word will almost always be taken. And if he didnt pace you or have a certifiable estimation of your speed, then that is his fault. I'd say there was a 99% chance you were speeding that day and deserved a ticket, no offense.
    You don't live where I do so don't pretend you know what the the local laws are. Here they must know exactly how fast you are going, an estimate does not cut it. This is why most police have radar guns. Also police need proof beyond doubt for any charge to stick, you can't put someone in jail for murder if you have no evidence, just the officers word doesn't cut it. The same goes for a speeding ticket. They also can't ticket you for running a red light if they can't directly see the light and even if they know it is red. I don't really care what you think so no offense taken. It's actually pretty funny that you felt the need to respond and quite childish, sorry I pinched a nerve. You are entitled to your opinion though.
    Last edited by 98TransAmWs-6; 05-21-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information