Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mobile Home Life - What Do Women Think?

I'm looking into living in a mobile home. (Obviously, I'm not thriving.) I wonder if that would be a huge turnoff to a relatively non-materialistic woman (I've never gone for greedy types anyway) who has decent prospects. The location would be non-projects urban, not too bad. Yes, in theory, the best audience to ask would be female. But we know that women often give 'spare your feelings' feedback.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

My wife owned one before we got married, and we lived there for about a year after we got married. It's a place to live - that's the way we always viewed it. We've got a house now, two actually. But we had no problem living there. If she's a good woman, she won't care where you live for the most part. Maybe how you live - keep the place nice and do your upkeep best you can. She should care more about you though.

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

i wouldnt expect it to be a panty dropper, but are you moving out of your parents house to move into one? i suppose it would be better then saying you live at home

Black
    1994 Camaro Z28

Depends on how you do it. A used trailer in a cheap park is bad. A decent trailer on your own land is a decent way to save money while planning and building a house (although trailers do not hold their value).

I know a guy who has had four trailers in the past 50 years. He has a nice 5 acre property and when his trailer "gets old" or needs work he just says screw it and buys a new one.

I am not a fan or trailers in general but a new one is often quite nice on the inside and everything is new and works. My buddy likes doing this because he has virtually no maintenance issues (unlike many people who have older homes).

I recommend basing your decision on something other than whether or not having a trailer can help you get laid in privacy.
    Last edited by tnthub; 03-07-2011 at 05:25 AM.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

as previously said, a nice one on your own land aint bad.....just keep the maintenance done

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently I live in an apartment by myself. But it's a small, lousy one, and the rent gets worse and worse.

I'm talking a decent-sized mobile home, but probably used and definitely not on my own land. This is an expensive urban area. Unfortunately, I don't expect to ever live in a nice home.

its short but its skinny. jiveass's Avatar

pewter
    99 trans am

you could be like these guys...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etkarB72RbE[/ame]

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    My wife owned one before we got married, and we lived there for about a year after we got married. It's a place to live - that's the way we always viewed it. We've got a house now, two actually. But we had no problem living there. If she's a good woman, she won't care where you live for the most part. Maybe how you live - keep the place nice and do your upkeep best you can. She should care more about you though.
    This It shouldn't be about where you live as much as how you live. We all have to start somewhere

It probably would be okay for many young guys, but I'm not young.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

So? You gotta do what's best for you. If this is what is best, and will help you get your life in order, then do it. As I said, a good woman will care more about you.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    It probably would be okay for many young guys, but I'm not young.
    Really, age has nothing to do with it. Sometimes we get knocked down. Perhaps by circumstances beyond our control or bad decisions we've made in the past.

Either way, we pull up our boot straps and do our best to carry on. Any woman worth your time and effort will not care about your riches more than your morals and overall efforts to succeed in life.

It's about not getting up. I probably can't get up (health). I just wonder if the mobile home would scream that to any woman.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by clovenhooves View Post
    It's about not getting up. I probably can't get up (health). I just wonder if the mobile home would scream that to any woman.
    Screw that! I've got the same issues. Health issues anyway. Anyone who can't get passed the hand of cards I've been dealt isn't worth my time anyway.

Trust me. Knowing that you'll never really be able to step up to the next level financially due to health issues isn't an easy pill to swallow. It took a while for me to come to terms that this is it for me. But you know what? It's all good. It's beyond our control and those that see you for who you are and are genuine, don't care as much about material things.

Anyone that is going to look down on you because of where you live and not how you live doesn't count in the overall scheme of things.

Get your mobile home. Live your life to it's fullest and the rest will fall into place

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

I've dated women who lived in mobile homes, and had a blast with them. I have not lived in one, but I've had a couple of guy friends who did, and I saw nothing out of the ordinary with their dating lives either. One met and dated his future wife while he was living in a trailer, and she seemed nice enough.

As has been said, it's the condition that you keep it in that spells the difference between being perceived as 'a home that is a trailer' and 'trailer trash'...

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Screw that! I've got the same issues. Health issues anyway. Anyone who can't get passed the hand of cards I've been dealt isn't worth my time anyway.

Trust me. Knowing that you'll never really be able to step up to the next level financially due to health issues isn't an easy pill to swallow. It took a while for me to come to terms that this is it for me. But you know what? It's all good. It's beyond our control and those that see you for who you are and are genuine, don't care as much about material things.

Anyone that is going to look down on you because of where you live and not how you live doesn't count in the overall scheme of things.

Get your mobile home. Live your life to it's fullest and the rest will fall into place
    ^This.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

lets look in to it a bit more... unless you're paying cash for the mobile home it wouldn't be worth it... loan for 30-80k plus the lot lease/association fee you're paying the mortgage of a twin or single house...

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

True, the only way I would want to own a mobile home is if I could pay cash for a decent one, and put it on some 5-10 acres so you don't have to put up with other people. Other than that, I don't see how it can really affect your social life with females, unless they are money hungry, which you don't want those types anyway...

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by 408WS6 View Post
    Other than that, I don't see how it can really affect your social life with females, unless they are money hungry, which you don't want those types anyway...

Current best: 10.60/126.8
    1998 Pontiac TA WS6

Those money hungry types make great divorce material! LOL

I wouldn't go for a mobile home if it came with bad loan terms. Its value would go down, unlike a real home. The deal is, around here even an apartment probably isn't affordable to buy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information