2002 Trans AM

The Mist.....Who seen it?

Was the ending Fucked Up or what?

good or bad? i havent seen it

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    good or bad? i havent seen it
    To be Honest, I am Neutral about the movie. Its not as bad that I felt that I waisted $10.50 for a movie, I definitely didn't. On the Other hand, It was good, because you don't really expect it to end like the way it did. And I am not talking about the same ending like Sopranos did, just something a SICK person would come up with and we all know S. King is Fucked up in the head.

Ill need more reviews before deciding to go see it. Dreamcatcher was my last straw when it came to Mr. Kings horror stories turned into movies.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I thought it was pretty good for a horror movie...

Spoiler below, sort of.

But God damn what a fucking depressing ending... I wanted to kill myself after seeing that... christ.

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Ill need more reviews before deciding to go see it. Dreamcatcher was my last straw when it came to Mr. Kings horror stories turned into movies.
    Well its hard to review the movie with out giving out the parts. Wikipedia has a good description of the movie, but it gives away a lot of parts. Read it if you don't care.

The best way I can describe it:

In a small Maine town, there was an electrical storm. It knocked down trees and houses. It cause the small town to be isolated from everyone else because of lack if power. (phone, electricity..ect) Many people from the town head out to a supermarket to buy whole bunch of supplies so they can sit out the power loss. Eventually there is a Mist that covered up the town with almost Zero visibility and everything went haywire. there are weird creatures that stroll in the mist and kill anything that breathes. Leaving the supermarket is a death wish because of what lies on the other side. On the other hand, people inside and splitting up into Three groups. One Group that believes that nothing is out there and its just a MIST. Second Group that at firsts started with a woman who believes that its the end of time and god is punishing everyone who didn't worship him. and she also insist that a human sacrifice has to be made to feed the evil that lurks outside. Finally the Third Group, who try to make out of there and seek help with out being killed.

How is that? good enough review? I hope I didn't give much of it out.

silver
    2002 Z28

Thanks FSANE. Nice recap. A friend of mine was supposed to go see it last weekend but he's a wicked horror flick fan so.....I think his opinion might be biased. I'm a fan of the good comedy myself. Not many movies are calling me to come see them right now...

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    Well its hard to review the movie with out giving out the parts. Wikipedia has a good description of the movie, but it gives away a lot of parts. Read it if you don't care.

The best way I can describe it:

In a small Maine town, there was an electrical storm. It knocked down trees and houses. It cause the small town to be isolated from everyone else because of lack if power. (phone, electricity..ect) Many people from the town head out to a supermarket to buy whole bunch of supplies so they can sit out the power loss. Eventually there is a Mist that covered up the town with almost Zero visibility and everything went haywire. there are weird creatures that stroll in the mist and kill anything that breathes. Leaving the supermarket is a death wish because of what lies on the other side. On the other hand, people inside and splitting up into Three groups. One Group that believes that nothing is out there and its just a MIST. Second Group that at firsts started with a woman who believes that its the end of time and god is punishing everyone who didn't worship him. and she also insist that a human sacrifice has to be made to feed the evil that lurks outside. Finally the Third Group, who try to make out of there and seek help with out being killed.

How is that? good enough review? I hope I didn't give much of it out.
    Thats what I guessed, but thanks. I guess what I want to know is, woudl you see it again in the theater? Would you buy it? Did it scare you or spook you (scare = creepy feeling; e.g. deep horizon, the shining, exorcist; spook = sudden movements with fast sounds, e.g. Scream, Friday the 13th)

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by AKIRA View Post
    Thats what I guessed, but thanks. I guess what I want to know is, woudl you see it again in the theater? Would you buy it? Did it scare you or spook you (scare = creepy feeling; e.g. deep horizon, the shining, exorcist; spook = sudden movements with fast sounds, e.g. Scream, Friday the 13th)

Deep Horizon is one of my fav movies.

the best way to describe it is that you know something about to happen, but you don't have any idea what and how. Every time you would see a new creature, and you don't know who is next and how they will die.

Thread Information