Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mirror Jewelry

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Mirror Jewelry

I am taking this to my fellow ls1'ers to back me up. I got too pissed on the other forum this originally came from.

Do you have anything hanging from your rear-view mirror? If so, what?

I have my graduation tassle...

Anyways, these holier than thou people keep telling me it's illegal and stupid. And mad I am endangering their lives etc. Some biker said my tassle could block a biker at 20 feet. He said hold your thumb up and notice how you can block out entire buildings. So I was like, yeah it will block a bike, if I am sitting with the shifter up my ass, face right too it, and close an eye.

Then they told me it it swings and distracts you because you get used to motion in that area of your field of view. So a kid running out may go unnoticed.

Jesus...people were pissing me off. Now I need you guys to tell me you hang large large items from there and that I am correct in doing so, that way we all feel better.

Commence agreeing NOW!

It is illegal and depending on how much of a prick the cop wants to be he can fine you for it. I don't think its a major distraction, but it can give the cops reason to pull you over.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

All the reasons people gave you are true. At the moment however I have a pair of safety glasses hanging from my trucks mirror. By graduation tassles do you mean from H.S. or from college? H.S.= I agree with the other people. It was 4 years ago remove immediately...... College=sure go ahead hang it there for a year or two then remove.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

didn't know it was illegal,damn sure isn't enforced around here,i see cars with all kinds of crap hanging from the rearview.i do not have anything hanging from mine,never thought of it being a issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    didn't know it was illegal,damn sure isn't enforced around here,i see cars with all kinds of crap hanging from the rearview.i do not have anything hanging from mine,never thought of it being a issue.
    A few years ago I had a cop pull me over, because he thought that I ran from him earlier. I didn't run from the cop and never would run from a cop. The cop still thought it was me, but he couldn't prove it. I had a air freshener hanging from my mirror, so he gave me a ticket for that. It ended up costing me 105 bucks for the air freshener.

Arctic White
    2002 A4,WS6

Stupid? Yes.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

only thing I can't understand for safety is when people have a disco ball or cd's. WTF, dat shit blind you. And rainbow lays.

artic white/black stripes
    97 TA

da fuk? its illegal shit i've had my graduation tassel hanging from my dd since i graduated

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I have my police issue S&W handcuffs hanging from the mirror - they were a gift (another story - draw conclusions all you will) & cops don't bother me. Then again, maybe they think I'm one of them too...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I am taking this to my fellow ls1'ers to back me up. I got too pissed on the other forum this originally came from.

Anyways, these holier than thou people keep telling me it's illegal and stupid. And mad I am endangering their lives etc. Some biker said my tassle could block a biker at 20 feet. He said hold your thumb up and notice how you can block out entire buildings. So I was like, yeah it will block a bike, if I am sitting with the shifter up my ass, face right too it, and close an eye.

Then they told me it it swings and distracts you because you get used to motion in that area of your field of view. So a kid running out may go unnoticed.

Jesus...people were pissing me off. Now I need you guys to tell me you hang large large items from there and that I am correct in doing so, that way we all feel better.

Commence agreeing NOW!
    Graduation Tassel: High school

That's cute.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post

That's cute.
    There's nothing worng with being proud of an accomplishment. For some people, it's their only one....

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    There's nothing worng with being proud of an accomplishment. For some people, it's their only one....
    Graduating high school?

Since when did "having a pulse" become an accomplishment?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Graduating high school?

Since when did "having a pulse" become an accomplishment?
    I'm amazed some people that I know remember to breathe.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You know what I hate, is when you see people driving around with their handicap placard hanging from their rear view mirror.

And yes, things hanging from your mirror can obstruct your field of vision

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I forgot to respond to the actual thread topic.

Anyways, these holier than thou people keep telling me it's illegal and stupid.
    I have nothing hanging from it. Not because it's illegal (which I didn't know anyway), or because it's stupid (well maybe, i guess).

It just annoys the shit out of me. I don't like that it blocks my view. Not necessarily because I'm a holier-than-though driver, I still do stupid shit like text while driving and fapping and other bullshit, so its not out of safety, but just because the view blockage in itself annoys me.

I hate how when you take a corner it smacks you in the face. Always moving around and shit. It's like those eye-squigglies. It's like an IRL troll right in front of your face.

My Ex-girlfriend had all sorts of shit hanging from her rearview mirror. Graduation tassel, show-your-tits bead necklaces, an air freshener, just random shit.

Needless to say whenever I drove the car I ripped that shit off and threw it in the backseat. She'd always get on my case about it too, "bitch bitch bitch". I don't think that's what she actually was saying, but that's all I heard.

Honestly, behind the cheating, the getting fat, the alcoholism, the being-a-bitch.... having that shit hanging from her mirror was one of the main reasons I broke up with her.

Fuck dangly mirror shit.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    You know what I hate, is when you see people driving around with their handicap placard hanging from their rear view mirror.

And yes, things hanging from your mirror can obstruct your field of vision
    Not as annoying as them parking in the handicapped spot, and then getting out and running into the store.

Wait.........WHAT??!! LoneGunman's Avatar

Hugger Orange
    '99 Camaro Z28

I have Mardi Gras beads on my mirror now. I was always a "mirror decorator". I've had just about everything imaginable hangin from my mirror. My craziest combo... on my first T/A I had the following: my high school tassel, 2 red and 2 black feathered roach clips, black fuzzy dice, and a miniature bottle of Captain Morgan hanging from my mirror. In high school I had a timing chain from a small block mopar on the mirror of my Roadrunner. Yes, it's illegal and it obstructs your vision, but who the fuck cares!! It's my car and I'll do what I want to it!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

That's cute.

I'm in college dousche bagget. And yes it's high school tassle. I don't hang it there for an accomplishment I am proud of. I hang it there cause it reminds me of all the good times I had. Sucks not seeing my friends every day like I used too. They went to colleges all over the country. Quite a few are married. Army, etc...

And this isn't georgia either, high school diploma means 12th grade not 5th grade.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

And this isn't georgia either, high school diploma means 12th grade not 5th grade.
    Shit man I had no idea, my apologies.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Whats this rearview mirror bullshit......my DD Corsica doesn't even have a rearview mirror. Its sitting in the back of the car. You people and your nice cars
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information